Resurrected Power Metal Thread

tbh other people felt the need to start acronyming me. I never refer to myself as WAIF except this one time to make it clear that I was the one people were calling WAIF. I'd prefer it if people called me Joe, as I'm increasingly dissatisfied with this user name and would change it if I could think of something better.

Pharaoh

421812.jpg

Fucking awesome power metal!!

^ pretty awesome! Is it all classically influenced? Might check our MAgic Kingdom too since its a off shoot of that band. The singer reminded massively of Rage (Which is a good thing)

The guitarist (ONE GUY who writes EVERYTHING, no other guitarist!) is a well known shredder apparently, so yeah a lot is pretty classical sounding. The drummer has also been in lots and lots of projects; played for Malmsteen etc.

Anyone listen to Serenity? Very underrated power metal band, pretty much pwns Kamelot IMO.

pwning Kamelot is tough. Those guys are a high class act.

Can't say I've heard Serenity though. Can you post a youtube link or something to a good song?

That Iron Mask song actually wasn't as immediately catchy as I like most power metal to be. I'll give them a few more listens, maybe search some more videos on youtube.

The Iron Mask song was quite good, but I wasn't totally blown away. If I see their stuff I'll definitely pick it up, though.

The Serenity was cool but not too amazing.

Can you honestly just gtfo?

We get it, and I agree that Holy Diver is a good fucking album. But we heard you the fucking first time.