Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Japanese Bonus Track for Dragonforce's Ultra Beatdown called "E.P.M."

No offense but this sounds better then the whole album. Little bit of Old school DF into this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that song is something like Valley of the Damned, then I guess I may need to go out and purchase it. It sounds pretty decent for Dragonforce.

Saint Deamon - In Shadows Lost From the Brave has got to be the best power metal album to come out in years. Such a great vocalist... and great musicianship to boot. Saint Deamon will certainily be THE power metal band to look out for in later generations to come. The album isn't in my top 10 all time favorite albums, but it certainly is in my top 20. Power metal fanatics I urge U to check the masterpiece out, don't wait.

the whole album is more like VOTD but noone really sees it
I think the only thing about Dragonforce that has really changed is the production value and number of gadgets they employ in their sound. The main difference between Dragonforce's early stuff and later stuff is that the early stuff was actually fresh when it came out.

That being said, I saw Dragonforce live 4 or 5 days ago and they were actually really, really good. I was expecting the worst from them but they gave a real pleasant surprise and provided with one of the tighter and more entertaining sets I've seen this year. Good show!

Are you secretly WAIF? Because you and him are the only people who have said that Dragonforce are good live. Most people said they suck live.

To me they seemed both more serious and also more skilled in song dynamic on the debut. I really don't have any interest in the awkward/'ironic' "zomgz metallll!!!111" gimmicks that are so popular with kids at the moment, but it seems like they are all about being on that train, rather than the peppered humor before that bands like Helloween would also have.

Are you secretly WAIF? Because you and him are the only people who have said that Dragonforce are good live. Most people said they suck live.
I dunno who you're referring to, but Dragonforce seriously impressed me live. I heard all the rumours and I saw all the shitty videos of them begin crappy on youtube. I went in expecting the wors. I expected voice cracking, out of tune harmonies, shoddy sweep picking and boring stage presence. What I got was a manifesto on energy, power, virtuoso playing and pure FUN.

That being said, Sam Totman is still no more than "Okay" as a guitarist. If I would accuse them of any trickery live, it would be that he turns his guitar down during choruses and verses so he can run around and do all the wild rock-star tricks. I'm not the only one, most of my friends went to the show purely for Powerglove and Turisas but they ended up really enjoying Dragonforce themselves.

I'm WAIF. And DF are good live. And ml is wrong; pretty much everyone on here who's seen them live has said they were enjoyable.
Also, that sounds like a shitty song off Valley of the Damned, because the parts of it that are like Valley aren't very good. Not too bad overall but forgettable.

waif, n.

A person who is without home or friends; one who lives uncared-for or without guidance; an outcast from society; an unowned or neglected child.