Resurrected Power Metal Thread

IMO that segment sucked. Out of all the things you could've played for us after hyping that band to the extent that you did...you chose that?

And you don't trust the people in this forum? What does that mean? Are you scared that we will like the band and their awesomeness will spread to the point that they aren't obscure anymore?

Honestly man, I know you will prolly just blow me off as such a new poster, but wtf lol.

Didn't you guys start talking about tales of medusa fuckin 10 pages ago? :lol:

on topic, I really love primal fear - black sun. the singer sounds almost exactly like Halford back in the 80's.

IMO that segment sucked. Out of all the things you could've played for us after hyping that band to the extent that you did...you chose that?

And you don't trust the people in this forum? What does that mean? Are you scared that we will like the band and their awesomeness will spread to the point that they aren't obscure anymore?

Honestly man, I know you will prolly just blow me off as such a new poster, but wtf lol.

It really did suck. Sounded like the kinda riff I was making up in my bedroom 5 years ago. And I'm pretty sure they weren't in time, especially when the drums came in...

But like you Tennyson, I don't have 20,000 posts here so my opinion counts for nothing.

I thought I made it pretty clear what type of person would find this band appealing. From what I know of you, you prefer the horrible Euro Flower Metal bullshit, so it's a positive sign, actually, that you don't like it. This is not for you; you should have known this beforehand. Also, I didn't really hype the band. I mentioned them and then basically just defended myself for mentioning them.

It has absolutely nothing to do with me, but with the band. If you actually read my earlier posts on the subject, you would know why I don't want to share this music. I don't trust the people on this forum to provide a whole song because I know that somebody would share it with countless people, and as far as I'm aware, that is against the band's wishes, which I want to respect as best I can. This is why I provided only a small sample. I asked the band about sharing their music, but they haven't gotten back to me. It has nothing to do about obscurity.

Considering this part of your post is based largely on 1) your horrible taste in music and 2) your misunderstanding of my intentions, which I've now explained to you, I will let this "wtf lol" segment of your post go.

I don't judge people based on whether or not they're new or how many posts they have unless it's used as a pejorative to demonstrate the stupidity of the person in question. You don't seem to be stupid, so I don't judge you based on the amount of time you've been here.

I guess my questions to you would be:

(once again) 1. Why, out of all of the things you could've played from this band did you choose such a generic, mediocre sample?

2. Why did you ever bring this band up in the first place?

I don't feel like responding to all your digs at my musical taste. I don't know you enough to make a legitimate case about yours, but if that sample is representative of your taste I'm not impressed.

EDIT: And if your answer to question 1 is "to prove they exist" then skip ahead to question 2 plz.

It's your opinion that it's a "generic, mediocre" sample, genius. We obviously don't have very much in common musically, so I really don't care if you're not "impressed."

I brought them up because this is a thread about power metal and they're a power metal band that I like. Kind of like how other people bring up power metal bands that they like in the power metal thread.

I can answer 2: He was listening to them and felt like telling us what he was listening to at that moment, which is something people do.
Whether this is actually true is up to you, but that's what he'll say.
Frankly his argument that he doesn't really need to establish more metal cred is convincing...w/e.

I don't insult your musical taste, I insult the music that you like. Aside from the earlier comment which I meant in jest, but would retract.

It's actually a huge difference. Insulting one's taste in music is placing judgment directly the person, but insulting the music itself apart from the listener is a completely separate matter. Everybody insults music that they don't like. Should everyone who sees somebody insult music that they like take offense? That's ridiculous.

Anyone listen to Serenity? Very underrated power metal band, pretty much pwns Kamelot IMO.

I like what I have heard from them so far, don't know about them owning Kamelot but I will check out their albums.