Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I love both of them, only a couple of songs between the two that I really don't care about. Out of everything they have so far my favorites are probably 'Lords of Polaris', 'Requiem for the Light', 'The Ghost of Icarus', 'Sundancer', and 'Starchildren'.

New Hammerfall, for all the doubters who think that this album will suck, which doesn't.

Buy the Album!!! Released on February 20th.

Something For The Ages is the best tune IMO.

Feel free to delete this post if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love both of them, only a couple of songs between the two that I really don't care about. Out of everything they have so far my favorites are probably 'Lords of Polaris', 'Requiem for the Light', 'The Ghost of Icarus', 'Sundancer', and 'Starchildren'.

Sundancer is a fucking powerhouse song, and one of the best power metal songs I think I've ever heard.

"I hunted rebels for a cruel and unjust law;
No remorse, no guilt or pity, no matter what I saw!"

I love Power Metal but, tbh i have trouble liking a whole lot of power metal bands. The only power metal that i've found that i truly can listen to all of the time is Blind Guardian and Jag Panzer

Try Hibria.

I don't know why, but I have a strange feeling you might like them.

Also, have you listened to Iced Earth?

I found this little bit of info off of Blind Guardian's site
It was around Christmas when I was thinking about another short message for the homepage. As you can guess we all turned much older in the meantime - without a message. And even though February is here I still dare to wish you a Happy New Year. I trust that 2009 started promising for everyone. As usual there is a lot to tell, so I better start before you skip this due to boredom. Let's talk about new material and future plans:

We have already accomplished 8 new songs. What can I say about these songs? They rule, of course. You want a more precise description? Impossible. All I can say is that each and every song is 100% Blind Guardian, which naturally means there is a wild bunch of different things going on from time to time (always?).

According to atmospheres: we have everything from the more Nightfallish "Curse my Name" , to the Scriptish "Wheel of Time". In comparison to "A Twist in the Myth" the lyrical direction will be more on the fantasy side as you most probably can figure out by these titles. The song "Sacred" will give you an idea about the quality and the direction of the songs. We have mixed modern elements with traditional ones throughout the whole songs. We may need two or three more tracks before we can call it a complete album, but being that far in the songwriting process we nevertheless have made first plans for a production start in September or October 2009.

Apart from songwriting we will be heavily engaged in preproduction activities and in playing festivals during the next months. As a majority of the new songs seem to demand a sort of "live" atmosphere, we consider it to be good idea breathing in some real "live" air before we will finally get lost in the "Twilight Hall studios" again. As for the festivals you can find the already confirmed ones in the tour section. We will immediately list the "not yet confirmed" shows once they are confirmed.

In accordance to these events I can promise you some surprising songs (though most probably no new ones) and a nice stage set up. In total we are not going to play more than 10 shows, I would think. I am sure they all will turn out to be a great blast and a unique experience for everyone joining us. I will let you know what else is going on around Easter (that ´s at least when I will start thinking about another short message...).

Hansi

ok, gonna check out hibria in a minute

of course i've heard Iced Earth, i like them but i get very bored when listening to them

edit: just checked out hibria... fuck yes. and the fact that they sing about freedom and motorcycles makes it even better

Oh yeah, and since we were talkng about Falconer a few pages back, I just thought I'd chime in and say the Among Beggars and Thieves has grown on me A LOT. I really didn't like it at first, and I still don't like it as much as the first two or Northwind, but I like it better than Scepter. Blad's vocals are just so much better.

Lets hope that new Blind Guardian album will be better than ATITM.

Regarding Hammerfall, i love their two first albums, while they are cheesy they still have so much energy that it makes up for it, later on it's just cheesy imo.

That new Hammerfall sounds like stuff left off Threshold recorded with the sound on Crimson Thunder (I only have CT, Threshold, and the debut, so my points of reference are limited); essentially, trash recorded non-shittily. Maybe a little better than Threshold.

So, Domain (the German heavy/power metal band); are they any good, or basically just generic Euro-power?
A myspace check yeilds interesting results. I think Domain must vary from album to album quite a bit because some of these ("Sweeping Scars" for example) are very much in the vein of Kamelot whereas some of them ("Last Days of Utopia") are much more rooted in the euro-power style. Both of those songs are killer though. The euro stuff makes me think of Sonata Arctica's early works but with better production and more interesting parts from all instruments.

Based on first listen, I dig.
www.myspace.com/domainband

Yeah, all I've been able to listen to has been their myspace stuff. That's why I want to know more about their discography. I've heard mixed reviews of them so far.

I scored the tracks from "Last Days of Utopia" and I've spun them a few times. It's decent. It's based in the euro-power style but it's execution is different. It's not exactly "True" symphonic metal in the vein of Rhapsody, the keys are similar to how Symphony X would play them. Same thing for the vocals actually. Very much based in a rough, well-coached hard rock background. Some of the songwriting kidna reminds me of Avantasia, in kind of a mix between their two styles of AOR and europower.

Based on this album I think that one could say they mix elements of Symphony X with Avantasia. Take that as you will. I liked it well enough. Also, their guitarist is retardedly fast with his alternate picking.