Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Of course most of us have heard of Keldian. They once had a very promising future but their new album is pretty much dog shit. We just spoke about them on the last page.

Best song is Redshift. Plains of Forever is a close second.

I dunno man. I'm very disappointed with it. Comparatively speaking it isn't dog shit (compared to other genre-similar bands), but when compared to their first two albums it's a massive, massive step backwards. They try to be too poppy and catchy. Most of the songs are filler. The Silfen Paths, Kepler and 100,000 stars and FTL are the only good songs.

dude, good call, this is sweet.
The vocals are great they're so diverse, at times the main vocalist sounded like a combination of Hansi + guy from Lost Horizon, then later he sounded like the guy from persuader (who, admittedly also sounds like Hansi), and then + the operatic vocals, im liking it.

Also, it's a long song, but it just doesn't let down.

Oh you know it, Pathfinder produced the greatest Power Metal album of all time with their debut masterpiece, it lacks for nothing. :kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

Hey guys, if anyone is interested, we (LORD) have just released a new video clip for 'Final Seconds' which comes from our 2013 album Digital Lies.

We've also announced the departure of our drummer Damo, and details of this years 25th anniversary of Dungeon. You can read more here - http://www.lord.net.au/blog/new-video-new-tour-new-releases-and-changes/

Hope you guys enjoy the tunes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, it is pretty good, probably 8,5/10 or 9/10. Still doesn't have some of the additional elements that make that Pathfinder song a perfect 10/10, such as operatic vocals, orchestral pieces, choirs, keyboard solos, and epic speed:

I've really been digging Tales of Mystery and Imagination by Nocturnal Rites lately, and Defenders of the Crown by Human Fortress. I'd take humble by-the-numbers power metal with great songwriting over flashy neoclassical solos and bombastic orchestral arrangements any day.

What are your favorite HEAVY Power Metal songs? These couple of gems spring to my mind:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpmIX0dWx0c&list=PL21B3D2ECEEA38134[/ame]