Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Cnaiür urs Skiötha;10959044 said:
Yeah much better than the first track they had put out on YT.

Most People are complaining that no good PM Albums are released These days - I have the opposite Problem.
In January alone I want to buy the new Albums from Blind Guardian, Orden Ogan, Serious Black and Angra.

F.E.V.E.R. is good man, I really liked that song, I thought it was on par with what they are capable of doing. So far every song is killer.

I'm doing this thing for the next month where I exclusively listen to albums staring with the letter A. Any recs?

Actually, the band I listen the most is Freedom Call, since I discovered them at the last year' 70K tons of metal cruise. Well, I not became a fan before the autumn as I was too busy with other activities, but now, they are on my top favourite bands, but that can change all the time :lol: I will see them again in May as opening act for Sonata Arctica - two of my favourite bands :D

Since the end of 2014, I also discovered more of the Finnish band Astralion who released their first album. I really love them too :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8bd06idBQc

^Yeah I kind of agree on that, mostly their newer stuff though. But the old stuff is fucking gold.

Thinking about it I compiled my list of top 5 power metal bands currently.

1. Orden Ogan (No fucking brainer, I've had their new album on repeat almost all week)
2. Axenstar
3. Primal Fear
4. Freedom Call
5. Machinae Supremacy (Wasn't much a fan of the first half of the new album, but the 2nd half is great)