Resurrected Power Metal Thread

My top five current power metal bands

Sabaton
Sabaton
Sabaton
Sabaton
Powerwolf (holding onto hope their last album was a mistake)

Sabaton is good but they started going down hill after Coat of Arms. That is a great record and one of my favorite power metal releases. OO is good, as I've said before, and you guys should also check out the newest Axenstar record that came out last year. It takes a couple spins to grow but the writing is strong. Good blend of melody and aggression. I'm still waiting for something to blow me away though. It's been a while since a monumental power metal release.

Sabaton is good but they started going down hill after Coat of Arms. That is a great record and one of my favorite power metal releases. OO is good, as I've said before, and you guys should also check out the newest Axenstar record that came out last year. It takes a couple spins to grow but the writing is strong. Good blend of melody and aggression. I'm still waiting for something to blow me away though. It's been a while since a monumental power metal release.

Thanks for the recommendation of Axenstar. I did not know them before but they seem to be right up my alley. Like you said great combination of power and melody without becoming cheesy.

If anyone is interested:
AFM records are having a sale right now on their hp:
http://shop.afm-records.de/special

Nice Chance to build a bit of a backlog for small Money.

And btw: Any opinions on the new BG? I am a fan and always will be - however the Songs are very complex and Need some spins.

I don't remember how I discovered them exactly, but I also like a lot Axenstar - listen their last album actually - and I really love what they do :D

Except Freedom Call, one of favourite band for few years now is Derdian, a Symphonic Power Metal band from Italy. They are simply amazing. I am just sad that they not tour more often :bah:

Here is their new video, from the last album 'Human Reset' (2014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDybjJQkYuA

I don't get the Sabaton love.
Singer is bad and the songs are really fucking boring.
I remember liking Axenstar back in the day

Agree about Sabaton. The same can be said about Powerwolf. I do not understand how These bands got so popular and others like Axenstar fly completely under the Radar (I did not know them before this thread).

I don't get the Sabaton love.
Singer is bad and the songs are really fucking boring.
I remember liking Axenstar back in the day

You pretty much have a phd in liking awful metal so it's really not a surprise.

It's simply really. Sabaton have a decent metal edge to them. So little power metal actually has any that there's no comparison. Sabaton has balls. Most power metal doesn't.

Yeah man, Sabaton is a band I"ve been listening to a lot lately (Art of War and Primo Victoria though, more so than their newer albums).

Powerwolf is another good one. Borderline over the top, but in a good way IMHO.

My top five current power metal bands

Sabaton
Sabaton
Sabaton
Sabaton
Powerwolf (holding onto hope their last album was a mistake)

Anyone a fan of Artizan here? I bought an album of theirs for like two bucks... Theyre a bit different than metal i normally listen to but i actually really enjoy Curse of the Artizan.