Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Not an outstanding song overall, but it did have some interesting parts. What's really been blowing me away recently is Wuthering Heights, these guys have some awesome and incredibly varied songs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blind Guardian for fall. "A Night At The Opera" and some tracks off one of their live albums. "Bright Eyes" wins.

My personal favorites off the "Opera" album are "Battlefield", "The Soulforged", "Punishment Divine" and the big 14-minute one, "And Then There Was Silence". As far as slow songs goes, "The Maiden and The Minstrel Knight" rocks :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Heavens Gate was definitely an awesome traditional heavy/power metal band.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmwIWGCTLYA&feature=related[/ame]

I don't know if they've been discussed before, but how does everyone like Persuader?

Hammerfall, Blind guardian, 3 inches of blood. all other power metal is complete shit and anyone who likes it should be whipped with a garden hose. No exceptions.

So tell me about 3 inches of blood, I'm not really in a place where I can download to sample it or anything.

I also FINALLY got Spirit of Ukko in. Really, unbelievably good...thanks for the recommendations on these guys everyone.