Resurrected Power Metal Thread

powerwulf is great as well, I just wish their lyrics were not so bad lol.

still good stuff though.

Be sure to check out the Falcon's Fortress for some extremely rare Destiny's End curios and plenty of band biz babble, folks.

http://unvanquishablefalcon.blogspot.com

This is pretty awesome. I definitely need to check out more from these guys. And you're right, they do sound like a more aggressive Helstar.

Hi everybody,

Anybody here like Destiny's End? I don't know if they've been discussed in this thread yet, but I was fortunate enough to find a copy of their first full-length, Breathe Deep the Dark, at a store today. I've listened to it a few times and I love it. It has the vocalist from Helstar. I haven't seen anybody mention them before, but I'm more of a black/death metal guy so maybe I'm just ignorant. Anyway, listen to them. They're great. I don't think this album is easy to find, but if you see it, pick it up! Trust me, it's really good.

edit: It strikes me as a more aggressive Helstar (I've only heard one Helstar album) and its got that proginess and neoclassical touch like Helstar. Not terribly original but the album is solid all the way through.

The new Stratovarius album is out and it's sounding good. I like how they have progressed. They went through a lull a a while back in my opinion, but have come back strong. Polaris was pretty refreshing, with great songs like King of Nothing and Winter Skies. I'm glad to say the new album is in the same vein, combining classic elements of the band's sound along with fresh ideas and unorthodox riffing, too. Very nice.

The new Stratovarius album is out and it's sounding good. I like how they have progressed. They went through a lull a a while back in my opinion, but have come back strong. Polaris was pretty refreshing, with great songs like King of Nothing and Winter Skies. I'm glad to say the new album is in the same vein, combining classic elements of the band's sound along with fresh ideas and unorthodox riffing, too. Very nice.

oh wow,I gotta check that out.

Edit: I have it up on spotify, dam did not realize this came out in 09...lol

Pyramaze is some great power metal. Not sure if they've been mentioned before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the general view on Jorn Lande? I quite enjoy his stuff.

A local-(ish) band that I've been enjoying. They incorporate some thrash into their songs. Thoughts?

Lord/Dungeon are pretty awesome live and Tim is a great guitarist, but for some reason Lord has never really clicked for me. Not sure why. Might go and reinvestigate some of their discography.

The last song, the title track, is an 18 minute opus and it is very nice.

I got really excited when I read that, then went and listened to it and was a bit disappointed. Usually Stratovarius' epic title tracks are amongst the best songs on the album (Visions, Destiny, Elements etc) but that song didn't really seem to go anywhere and was too mellow. Infernal Maze off that last single was better.

Lord/Dungeon are pretty awesome live and Tim is a great guitarist, but for some reason Lord has never really clicked for me. Not sure why. Might go and reinvestigate some of their discography.

I got really excited when I read that, then went and listened to it and was a bit disappointed. Usually Stratovarius' epic title tracks are amongst the best songs on the album (Visions, Destiny, Elements etc) but that song didn't really seem to go anywhere and was too mellow. Infernal Maze off that last single was better.

The best long, epic opus, in my opinion, comes from Equilibrium. You've probably heard it: Mana

Sweet ass power metal you may or may not have heard of:

Seven Thorns - Return To The Past (catchy as hell second album from these Danes)

Ancient Bards - The Alliance of the Kings (excellent debut album from this Italian band)

Royal Jester - Night Is Young (also a good debut from this Swedish bands with ties to ReinXeed)

^ Just checked out those bands. Ancient Bards is excellent. I normally don't like female vocals in metal, but her voice is great.