Review the last movie you saw thread

I don't care what they say about Transformers. I'm really looking forward to watching some giant robots fighting and blowing stuff up.

When it comes to purposely simple movies or comedies, I completely ignore any critics opinions.

watched Mongol and Hercules Returns over the weekend.

I originally brought Mongol back when it first came out but never got around to watching it because was never in the right mindset for it.

my best mate visited on the weekend, so he picked it to watch saying that it was awesome.
and, indeed, it was.

it started off slow, building up the childhood of Genghis Kahn, then Tamughin, as his father is poisoned and he is turned into the whipping boy by his uncle and his quest to find Borte, the girl he promised to marry when he was 9.
It has lots of character development and pacing as well as some really nice and brutal fight scenes but I think a lot thought it would be all epic battles in the Western style and were disappointed that it was not.
Personally, prefer the method that they used and found it far more enjoyable, despite the fact that there felt as though there were huge chunks cut from the film (especially towards the end).
highly recommended.

Hercules Returns is possibly one of best Australian (if not general) films of all time.
Mixing a plot with overdubbing an old film, it has some of the best one-liners you will ever hear.
a must watch if you haven't seen it.
pure gold! :headbang:

Hercules Returns is possibly one of best Australian (if not general) films of all time.
Mixing a plot with overdubbing an old film, it has some of the best one-liners you will ever hear.
a must watch if you haven't seen it.
pure gold! :headbang:

Have it on DVD. It was a bitch to find, if I remember correctly.

Saw Year One last night. It's alright - quite funny in parts, but I was hoping they'd develop the storyline to follow more of the stock Bible stories than it did. Oh well. Jack Black was his usual amusing, gurning self. Everyone else was average.

Thinking of having a movie day in the city before I head over to Suncorp Stadium for Origin III. Gonna see The Hangover, Bruno and the new Harry Potter (if there's time). I have all next week off so I probably don't really need to squeeze them all in on the same day.

Probably. Gates for Origin open at 4:15, so if I get in at 10 then I could probably fit in two movies I guess. Potter will be the priority that day anyway.

saw an interesting doco a few days ago. Bigger, Stronger, Faster, which is from the producers of Michael Moore's first two major docos and is the story/history of steriods and steriod obsession in America, as seen from the perspect of a powerlifter who's two brothers who are sterod users and who has flirted with them as well but is in conflict with his personal morals.

it starts of with the personal premise and than spirals out to look at society, why people would use steriods, what are steriods and performance enhancers and the whole competitive nature of American society and the morality of believing in your heroes and the American way when they cheat (big section of Arnold and his anti-steriods campaign when he himself has admitted to his usage).

Like Bowling for Columbine and other such docos, it stretches itself too far and tries to take in too much but it is far more human and involving than that story because the guy telling it is a more average joe who knows and has been involved in the culture.

it's a really go doco, not a masterpiece but still worth at least one vieiwing if you are interesting in how fucked up a culture must be to perpetuate such and deny such hypocrisy (the Carl Lewis vs Ben Johnson 88 Olympics PED scandal).

I actually find both Borat and Bruno boring as fuck, sure I can laugh as Yanks because they are fucking stupid, but really, I don't need a movie x2 to show me how dumb they are