Review the last movie you saw thread

^ is it one of those movies that tries to rely on special effects or is the story good? because im very curious about it and was actually planning on seeing it tonight:)

Been hearing a lot of great things about District 9. Methinks it'll be the sleeper hit of the year. Shall see it on Tuesday afternoon.

This morning I watched "The Counterfeiters", an Austrian film about Jews who were forced to help the Nazis forge UK currency in the Sachesenhausen concentration camp. Excellent stuff. And this afternoon I watched David Mamet's "Heist", starring Gene Hackman, Danny DeVito and Delroy Lindo. It's a David Mamet film. It's a heist movie. Pretty much what it says on the box.

Saw District 9 last night. Possibly the most I've ever enjoyed a movie at the cinemas, and right up there with the great alien films of all time. It's awesome.

It's not a movie Americans could make, I think. Or if they did, it would be a very different (and shit) film.

I watched Lawrence of Arabia yesterday. Not sure if I have ever watched it all before, but there are definitely parts I have seen. That being said it really was very good, and bloody long, too.

Watchmen - pretty good, far too long. The story swung back and forwards
with human superhero character backgrounds which made it a little tricky
to follow due to the massive running time. The action was great and the
story was interesting enough but I did find my patience wanning a few
times as the night got later and I started thinking about what time I
could eventually get some sleep. Only one true superhero here and
excessive superhero action is not abound as might be expected.

Hard Candy - a somewhat uncomfortable movie to watch but clever
nonetheless. Well a very clever 14 yr old girl who plays a suspect pedo.
Gripping to say the least.

I am going to see District 9 tomorrow night.
I have read many good things about it

District 9 - this movie has had awesome viral advertising! Report all
Non-humans!

www.MultiNationalUnited.com.au
www.District9.com.au
www.MNUSpreadsLies.com.au
d9humans.jpg

heavy metal in baghdad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this has been out for a while but I only recently watched and found it enthralling. I checked on the band and see Acrassicauda were relocated to America earlier this year by the International Rescue Committee.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/ar..._r=1&th&emc=th

What they went through to play metal is unbelievable, no wonder James Hetfield gave them a guitar when he met them! I wish them the best of luck with their metal quest in the free world.