Review the last movie you saw thread

I watched The King of Kong yesterday.
Not a bad watch but holy crap... they are the nerdiest bunch of blokes. Especially the guy who was watching Steve Liebe attempt to break the record and was always on his phone to Billy Mitchell giving him updates....

And Bill Mitchell himself... Never seen a bigger douchebag in my life. He rivals Spencer Pratt.

I also finally saw Dead Poets Society. It was ok. A little gay....

On Tuesday I went to see Mao's Last Dancer. Not a bad film, but a bit predictable on more than one occasion.

This afternoon I went to a nice cinema in Hawthorn to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which most of you are probably aware was Heath Ledger's last film. It was a bit confusing at times, but I enjoyed it. Terry Gilliam has quite an imagination, which made it very different from the average film.

I must check out some more of his films. I'm willing to make allowances for ideas getting in the way of plot if he's able to come up with stuff like he did in that film!

I watched The King of Kong yesterday.
Not a bad watch but holy crap... they are the nerdiest bunch of blokes. Especially the guy who was watching Steve Liebe attempt to break the record and was always on his phone to Billy Mitchell giving him updates....

And Bill Mitchell himself... Never seen a bigger douchebag in my life. He rivals Spencer Pratt.
I watched this a few days ago. Considering the lame subject matter lol, it was a pretty good doco. Apparently, Billy Mitchell later went on to break the record again in a public setting, which is hard to believe watching that film.

The girl who sits next to me at work is 24 and she's crazy about it, goes on about how much she loves Edward Cullen and all that. It's just embarrassing to hear it all.

It obviously isn't just teenage girls, or it wouldn't be having this much success. Women and boyfriends of all ages are being dragged along to it. I shall take my girlfriend to see it on Thurs since she liked the books so much.

Although this is true, There were rows and rows of teenage girls in the cinama I was in, not just couples, hell my man said he wont go so I saw New moon with the girls and he went to 2012 with the boys, no man should be made to endure that film... no matter how good the books are Edward is just soo cheesy in it...

ehhh...It was a girls night out, majority rules set up... I’ve made them sit thru films they didn’t want to see, so it was only fair, we don’t catch up that often... small sacrifice for friends I guess..

Ah. For me going to the movies isn't a social thing at all. I don't understand the concept of going to see something I don't want to see.

Yeah it's a bit like a group of guys getting a slab to share and you being forced to drink VB as a result.

Precisely! Its a rare occasion so one will deal with it, meh and movies are a great way to be social with out having to be social! Just like if you have to drink VB

^^ Come on you have to give a book (any book) more then one page befor saying its awful, in saying that you have read one more page then what I have.