Review the last movie you saw thread

^^ Come on you have to give a book (any book) more then one page befor saying its awful, in saying that you have read one more page then what I have.

no.

the first page of the first book is beyond awful.

so many grammatical errors and just bad writing.

and later in the book she actually wrote this: "sshhh" he shushed.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!

There's a reason why the books are so popular with teens... it's written like one. I randomly picked up a copy of one of the books at my 13 year old nieces and read a chapter. Afterwards, I actually felt DUMBER then before. I can see why it's addictive for teens though... it plays into the whole "my life sucks, no-one understands me" part of puberty. I do find it ironic that many women say that the book is "empowering".... how????? The entire "saga" revolves around a suicidal sook who can't live without a man around.

I hate the books (and therefore the movies) with a passion because it's nothing more then mormon propaganda though. The writer is a devout mormon and has littered the books with references that mirror mormon teachings (no sex before marriage, supression of desire etc etc). And lets not even start with the cliches in the story... I assure you there isn't a single ORIGINAL character or plot.

It annoys me when truely original movies get overlooked while crap like this is allowed to print their own money. Daybreakers is coming out soon (it's another vampire flick), it looks BRILLIANT (and it's made by the brothers who made Undead) but it will be lucky to make any money at all

Although, part of the effectiveness of the books seems to be that they are easily accessible to people who don't generally read fiction at all, but the hype and friends raving encourages them to pick it up.

I have read the first two and found them bland, flat and generally boring. It was mostly a chore. I wouldn't call them awful but I can't understand what the appeal is in the text (I get the appeal now that the beast seems to have a life of its own). Maybe it is something in the way it feels like it has been written by a teenage writer which gives it more of a hook to its intended audience. Maybe it helps to be female to 'get it'. It is amusing seeing people who aren't generally readers getting emotionally involved and drawn in to the story and thus discovering a large part of what reading is actually about for the first time. I'm not sure it has anything to offer to anyone who is more widely read.

I didn't mind the first film as it actually gave the thing some life and humour. Dreading being dragged along to the second film, though.

HOT ROD

Good god. This was one of the stupidest movies that I have seen for a long time.

BUT

It was fuckin hilarious. I laughed out loud (not just a chuckle) on atleast 6 occasions. And the rest of the jokes got laughs as well.
Andy Samberg (from SNL and the lonely island [who did Dick in a Box, Jizz in my Pants, I'm on a Boat etc] ) stars as a wanna be stunt man who has to make a big jump to save his dying father in law just so he can kick his ass.

Also has the other 2 guys from the lonely island and Isla Fischer and Wil Arnet.

Rent it out. It is fucking funny. The Cool Beans scene and the 'You're the Voice (John Farnham) scene are 2 of the crackers!

Yeah I think I mentioned that one a while ago. I fucking loved that film! It was very funny. I love the way it was set in the 80s, but it makes references to the internet and other modern things.

watched Alien Resurrection on foxtel just before.

still think it is an underrated film that suffers from the fact the one before it wasn't all that great.
It's not an incredible with with the greatest acting but it has some great lines and excellent visuals as well as the idea of making the aliens more sadistic because they have human elements within them more then the previous ones did (except for the dog alien).

so, all in all, I like it and enjoyed watching it again.

Hot Rod is great. So many funny parts...... cool beans, falling down the mountain side, I took some acid and quotes like " I go to church every sunday, Don't make me bring the devil out on you" " I've been drinking green tea all day" "I like to party. I'm rod"

Dirty work is another great movie not many people have seen.

watched the new Star Trek film last night and was pretty impressed by it.

enough references to the original universe to keep the geeks in but still accessible to non-fans too. Graphically impressive without that "instant dating" feel for the most part. The Alien costumes are imaginative and well done, not just all CGI beasties running around like in last Star Wars films.
negatives were that the plot didn't do much for the stretch of the film and you really needed to watch the deleted scenes to get more character development, especially for Nero and some background to him.

overall, thought it was a good film and am interested in what they can now do with the franchise.

I watched Zeitgeist Addendum a couple of days ago. Hard to watch at times but very worthwhile. Probably harder to digest than the first, and perhaps even more self righteous, but I still really enjoyed them both as they are unlike anything I have ever seen before. Just more peoples opinions to put into your blender to form your own view of the world.

just finished watching the Blu-Ray version of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and it is fantastic!

The additonal footage fits in seamlessly, as if it was always there and completes the story. What were once seemingly throw away lines or confusing scenes now make sense and it all flows together as a completely piece with developed characters and ideas.

Scale up to 1080p doesn't work in all scenes but still a very pretty film.

Recommended if you haven't got it yet or are a whore for anything FF related like me.

It also has a preview of Final Fantasy XIII which is due out March next year and will be the biggest FF game to date, in terms of content and sales.

Predicting it's sales is an interesting thing to do.

well, there have been stores around the World who have had pre-orders set aside for it for the past year or so.

the demand in Japan is so high that Square-Enix is putting what would be 6 months worth of stock out for opening week, based solely upon their opening day sales of their last major release Dragon Quest IX for the DS (which is the companies biggest selling game to date and it hasn't released it internationally yet!

I watched "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" tonight. Great film. I didn't know anything about the band except that they were Canadian and were supposed to be big but weren't. At its most basic it's a real-life version of "This is Spinal Tap" (complete with a similar ending) but it's still very good. Can't say I liked the music much though, seemed like a parody of early 80s metal.

I finally watched Eyes Wide Shut a couple of nights ago. I didn't hear great things about it when it was released (1999!) but I really enjoyed it. I love Kubrick films though.

Also watched Mr Brooks, a pretty reasonable thriller about a guy (Kevin Costner) who is addicted to killing.