Review the last movie you saw thread

Yep, me too. A shame I can't use my three hours on the bus each day watching films, but I don't want to watch a movie on my iPhone.

call me Snake. Escape from NY! What a classic & its been a long time between drinks!

Um yeah I don't really wanna watch a movie on my Ipod either....

Yeah, so I watched a movie on my iPhone on the bus for the first time. It was "The Iron Giant", a 1999 animated film by Brad Bird, the former Simpsons dude who would go on to work for Pixar and direct "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille". Fantastic film - I'd always heard it was good never really felt the urge to watch it.

Not sure about watching a film on the iPhone - didn't mind it too much I guess, but I got a bit of a headache from it afterwards.

You'd only want to watch a film on your phone if you're on a train or something.

I watched The Breakfast Club last night. It's one of those films I've long known of but had never seen. Apparently it's rather influential. Not a bad film really.

I saw US Marshalls at the cinema, back when I would see pretty much everything. I quite enjoyed it. Haven't seen it since.

I've watched 46 films this year.

Yeah, not sure. Someone at work pointed out that watching what is effectively one movie a day isn't really that much of an achievement.

I saw The Road at the cinema 2 weeks ago.
I had read the book (Cormac McCarthy) so I wasn't sure what to expect.
I think I enjoyed the movie more than the book.
It was perfectly done and the performances of the Viggo and the boy inparticular should see them with Oscar noms... though probably not.

If you don't know, it is about a man and his son walking along the road 10 years or so after the end of the world... They are searching for food and salvation whilst trying to avoid cannibals etc...
good.

I haven't turned the tv on in the last few weeks, apart from when I watched a dvd. Nice. I'd much rather watch films than tv.

Anyone seen Citizen Kane and care to tell me about it?

Yeah, I've seen Citizen Kane a few times. It's something that everyone should see at some point. I don't think it's the greatest film ever like a lot of people do, but it was every bit as important from a technical standpoint as Avatar is today with some of the techniques that Orson Welles introduced.

PS: I just woke up so I may regret that comment later in the day.

I think Spiff's right. You need to watch it in context. By today's standards it's nothing special, but if you watch films made around the same time it's quite interesting how "modern" it feels.