[reviews] Novembre - Materia

haha were there any mistakes? well damn it, i studied it a few months ago, guess i should keep practicing. i made an agreement with one of my friends. she would teach me spanish if i would teach her dutch... as you may have noticed we never really got around to it... then again, i guess dutch is much harder than spanish anyway ;)

If you wish to curse someone in spanish nothing better than salvadorian curses... but I don't want to show my explicit language here.... However any inquiry just ask me.

Sorry for turning this in such a mess, but I just thought the previous comments were no fair. But whatever, welcome to Babel.

Keep rocking :kickass:

love this painting...

breughel.stor.jpg

send me those curses in pm (or on msn) :D i can't curse in spanish yet ;) of course i'll teach you all about the intricacies of swearing in dutch as well, haha.

I couldnt care less about internet reviews, I have known people who do them...and they are fucking idiots. (No offense to anyone here who does them, I am just speaking of the majority).

Sooooo.

My Review:

Fucking excellent.

It took a while to sink in, but it is absolutely amazing. I couldn't have asked for more.

did anyone notice the riff in geppetto is the same riff thats in homecoming just in a different key?

after listening to the album for 3 days straight... i think my favorite song on the album is croma... but i'll have to listen to it another 100 times before i make a solid decision haha

To be honest, I noticed several riffs sounding like something already heard in both 'Arte Novecento' and 'Novembrine Waltz', but I don't see it as a a problem, it came out a very intense record and the positive judgements grow, listen by listen.
'Croma' is really great, but I think it's the final that's got something wrong. If you consider the acoustic introduction, the clean and Italian vox, I would've expected a different final after the screaming vox, it's like 'uncomplete'...

Wildhoney said:
'Croma' is really great, but I think it's the final that's got something wrong. If you consider the acoustic introduction, the clean and Italian vox, I would've expected a different final after the screaming vox, it's like 'uncomplete'...

Yes! I thought the same when I listened for the first time "croma": it seems uncomplete....the final it isn't so great like the introduction...

Wildhoney said:
i get the same feeling while listening to commedia(apart from the screaming vox) which is one of my favourite though.
and croma is perfect.

Stasera Piovon Gocce... said:
C'mon guys! He just said some words in spanish and you say you don´t understand! Spanish, portuguese and italian all of them are from the same lingual family, which is Latin! You can understand the context because they are similiar. I don't complain when you post in italian!

No les hagas caso Syrinx, Estos babosos son unos fomes! Poné tus post siempre en español, para que ellos busquen un diccionario y aprendan un poco.

Cada vez que oigo el Materia, me decepciono más, hasta ganas de suicidarme me dan... :erk:

Y... porque no te gustó Materia? :err: :err:

Está realmente bueno
---

Why you don't like Materia?

Is really good.

:p

A positive review at digitalmetal.com:
http://www.digitalmetal.com/reviews.asp?cid=7297

"Musically the Orlando brothers always deliver, and Novembre show signs of a bright future. If beauty in metal is your thing then Novembre should be on top of your list for 2006. Besides Katatonia’s Great Cold Distance, there isn’t a more elegant album this year. I strongly recommend this album to anyone who hasn’t heard of them yet and old fans alike. The more you listen the more surprises this release delivers."

:loco::worship:

At the moment my favorite songs are Croma, Comedia and Gepetto. I'm pretty satisfied with the album, Novembre rules.

Anyway, Duran Duran are gay to the bone. :oops:

"Purely objectively, it succeeds on many levels but the band is exhibiting flaws that have never plagued their previous works, such as stopping songs completely, leaving total silence, then starting a new theme in the same song. Different movements in songs are cool especially with material this epic, but it comes off as flawed songwriting at times."

unfortunately i must agree with that

I'm sort of disappointed with the new album. It's not bad, but a lot of it is just kind of dull and doesn't grab me at all like the stuff on Classica or Novembrine Waltz.

best songs are: aquamarine, comedia, nothjingrad, verne.
weakest excellent song is memoria stoica ...there's something that don't impress me.