[reviews] Novembre - Materia

I just bought this yesterday. I waited until I had the whole package in my hands rather thand download it, but you know...

I love this album, but it's a lot more subtle than I anticipated. There are plenty of melodies of course, but they're not so obvious as they are on 'Novembrine Waltz'- it takes a few listens to get to the bottom of them. And the most notable thing is Carmelo's voice which is great. And he has a such a unique way of singing vocal lines.

So very good although I don't think this tops 'NW' for me, at least for the moment.

I was reading an interview done with Carmelo in April 2006 for an Italian web mag. called 'Metallus' and I've discovered that in the beginning 'Materia' would've had to be entitled 'NOTHIJNGRAD POST'. Did you know it? Then they realized that such a title was too much binding and that they were lookin' for a more direct one, which even the inattentive people could easily remember. And opted for 'Materia'.

songless said:
Anyway, Duran Duran are gay to the bone. :oops:

No way! Not a chance. The fact Novembre covered these guys makes me respect them more than ever. And what an incredible cover they did.

Please, listen to songs such as "Come Undone" or "Ordinary World" off their Wedding Album and tell me those aren't beautiful songs.

I've always like Duran Duran.

Oh, and yes, MATERIA is a marvellous album. I just got my copy in the mail yesterday.

WORN_CARILLON said:
You rule.

YouRule.jpg

couldn't resist :)

this reminds me of this scene in Beavis and Butt-head do America, where they are standing in the toilets with the laser-activated flushing system:

"Amazing. Beavis, this is the coolest thing I've ever seen!"