ROYAL CARNAGE APRIL MADNESS: Round #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longinus said:
Why would someone partake in a cotnest like this? Opeth's album is the best of those listed, yet, Bathory's pathetic piece of music gets voted more often. Obviously this is a retard contest, therefore voting makes you a retard.

Subjectivity aside... :Lol:

General Zod said:
That's awesome.:headbang:

I was considering doing that in the last contest, but decided not to.

Zod

Considering how much you people whined when someone called in Bathory fans to vote, I'm a bit surprised :p

Demilich said:
Considering how much you people whined when someone called in Bathory fans to vote

Interesting. You didn't say anything about it before, so it's NOT lame for someone to call in Bathory fans to vote. Apparently, only if someone calls in non-Bathory fans to vote does it then become lame. Well, at least I had enough courage to blatantly do it instead of pulling something anonymously or utilizing a fake moniker or something.

Again, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRREEEEEE, BURSTING WITH FEEEEAAAARRRRRR, YOU SHALL DIE!!!!

While it would be cool to see Morningrise advance pretty far, all I want is to see Bathory get knocked out in the 1st round. No dynasties so early in the RC tournament era.

Hmmm..... perhaps an annual "RC Bowl" would be a killer name for this type of tournament. I'm also willing to concede that RC Bowl I went to Bathory. :)

So even though you justified what you did by saying that Morningrise is your all-time favourite album, you really only care that Bathory gets knocked out? What does this achieve? All you're doing is preventing the competition from relfect the ACTUAL opinions of RC forum participants! How does that help anyone? If Bathory is THE band around here, either suck it up or go somewhere else! Opeth is one of my favourite bands also, so I can't complain either way, but calling in outside people to vote is fucking lame, whether it's for Opeth, Bathory, George W. Bush, or whoever, doesn't change anything!

Longinus said:
Why would someone partake in a cotnest like this? Opeth's album is the best of those listed, yet, Bathory's pathetic piece of music gets voted more often. Obviously this is a retard contest, therefore voting makes you a retard.
This is the type of people you're supporting, Dark One. Think twice next time.

-- Erik

Demilich said:
So even though you justified what you did by saying that Morningrise is your all-time favourite album, you really only care that Bathory gets knocked out? What does this achieve? All you're doing is preventing the competition from relfect the ACTUAL opinions of RC forum participants! How does that help anyone? If Bathory is THE band around here, either suck it up or go somewhere else! Opeth is one of my favourite bands also, so I can't complain either way, but calling in outside people to vote is fucking lame, whether it's for Opeth, Bathory, George W. Bush, or whoever, doesn't change anything!

Wow, lot's of analysis from someone who consider's the poll to be so "meaningless". And yet you apparently didn't give a rat's ass that Bathory fanboys were called in on the last round. But of course, those votes reflected the ACTUAL RC forum opinions as well right?

I remember last time Opeth fanboys were invited over to RC I had to pretend I didn't like Opeth for a few months, just out of shame.
General Zod said:
I actually had the following conversation at a sub shop near my house:

Woman Behind Counter: Oh, you like her too?
General Zod: Huh?
Woman Behind Counter: Oprah?
General Zod: Huh?
Woman Behind Counter: Uhhh... your shirt?
General Zod: Ohhhh. That's actually "Opeth". It's the name of a band.
Woman Behind Counter: Ohhh. What song do they sing?
General Zod: Uhhh... Serenity Painted Death.
Woman Behind Counter: What station do they play it on?
General Zod: It's not on the radio. They're kind of an underground band.
Woman Behind Counter: Ohhh? Who do they sound like?
General Zod: Hmmm... they play a style of music called "Death Metal".
Woman Behind Counter: You mean like Metallica?
General Zod: Uhhh... not really. They're a bit more aggressive.
Woman Behind Counter: Oh. I probably wouldn't lie it.
General Zod: Probably not.

Zod
this is one of the greatest things evAr! :kickass:

Dark One said:
Wow, lot's of analysis from someone who consider's the poll to be so "meaningless". And yet you apparently didn't give a rat's ass that Bathory fanboys were called in on the last round. But of course, those votes reflected the ACTUAL RC forum opinions as well right?

Dude, those votes weren't counted! And I wasn't really around when they were made... plus, do i HAVE to comment on everything that happens around here?

Now like Erik said, just drink beer! Me, I've got a beast of an exam on monday, so i'll have to abstain from that for now!

One Inch Man said:
I remember last time Opeth fanboys were invited over to RC

That's how I found out about RC! Good old days...
what was that about anyway? I don't even remember. Did someone say Opeth wasn't the best band ever or something?

Demilich said:
And I wasn't really around when they were made... plus, do i HAVE to comment on everything that happens around here?

Of course not, it's just interesting that now the comments are made, that's all.

Demilich said:
Now like Erik said, just drink beer! Me, I've got a beast of an exam on monday, so i'll have to abstain from that for now!

Hey man, no problem there. :)

MajestikMøøse said:
DOES ANYONE AROUND HERE GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE RULES ANYMORE!!!?

*draws handgun*

mark it zero dude.
Any thread that garners a perfectly apt Lewbowski reference = 5 stars.

@Demilich, something like that, yeah. Pretty sure RjBeals was doing his usual spying and told the Opeth forum we didn't think they were the best thing since sliced bread. :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.