Satanism and Metal

Ooh freaky. Every religion has its faults :p. That's just scary as hell! 9 years old argh!

But you missed out the part that it was an old Semitic tradition? And it really doesn't matter now? Henry VIII, killed his wives, I don't think that's a very good example for Christians either. But of course it wouldn't matter because he wasn't a prophet. Yet he made Christianity divide into different groups

Chaos23 said:
Face the fucking facts:

[url]http://answering-islam.org/Index/A/aisha.html[/url]

[url]http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/childbrides.htm[/url]

“It is reported from Aisha that she said: The Prophet entered into marriage with me when I was a girl of six … and at the time [of joining his household] I was a girl of nine years of age.”

Your prophet sets this sort of example.

How anyone can support a religion that supports child marriage (child abuse in my eyes) is beyond me.
I've seen a dozen websites and ten times as many books with "facts" stating everything from the Qur'an being changed or reworded to the mosque at Mecca being built by alien turtles. All bullshit.

I discourage websites that throw around false, undocumented information. I doubt that the translation is accurate, much less even what is actually said.

You have no right to judge my religion, regardless of what you read. Atacking my religion is no different from attacking any other. Why don't you try giving a Jewish boy an oven with a swastika on the side for his Bar Mitzvah, and see how badly you get fucked up? I feel as if I have been insulted by your accusations, and you clearly must be a Muslim to feel that sense of duty.

This thread is all about the "advanced" new-age people who deny the existence of God beating up on the religious types, calling our ideas and beliefs outdated. When in reality, your claims have no substantial proof. We have our proff. We have our prophets, we have our books, we have our faith.

So fuck off.

Yet, I do think it is ok to judge human created institutions. If one did not judge them- we might all still be living in the dark ages.

you may judge people all you like, but in the end these judgments mean nothing. They are no more than personal intangible hangups. Only certain types of judgments should not be allowed on earth. I'm a little divided on one... the issue of the death penalty and killings. We do not have the right to play God. We don't have the right to choose who will die and when they will die, yet people do anyway. And when we choose to play God, nothing good comes of it. Yes, if it's like in choosing whether a killer gets the death penalty for killing, I'd agree with it because we can't just let him go on killing, but at the same time it's wrong to put him to death... It's really confusing

anyway, anonymousnick, totally agreed. I'm with you on that for sure.

I just want to make one thing clear before I post anything and someone starts using "fightin' talk." Everyting in life is down to the individual.

When in reality, your claims have no substantial proof. We have our proff. We have our prophets, we have our books, we have our faith.

Would you take books and other peoples words to be "proof?" If so then why do you not take this chap's words to be proof?

anonymousnick2001 said:
I've seen a dozen websites and ten times as many books with "facts" stating everything from the Qur'an being changed or reworded to the mosque at Mecca being built by alien turtles. All bullshit.

I discourage websites that throw around false, undocumented information. I doubt that the translation is accurate, much less even what is actually said.

You have no right to judge my religion, regardless of what you read. Atacking my religion is no different from attacking any other. Why don't you try giving a Jewish boy an oven with a swastika on the side for his Bar Mitzvah, and see how badly you get fucked up? I feel as if I have been insulted by your accusations, and you clearly must be a Muslim to feel that sense of duty.

This thread is all about the "advanced" new-age people who deny the existence of God beating up on the religious types, calling our ideas and beliefs outdated. When in reality, your claims have no substantial proof. We have our proff. We have our prophets, we have our books, we have our faith.

So fuck off.

Please, don't tell me to fuck off tough guy.

Well, religion has changed over years with people manipulating it to meet their own needs.

In the koran it states muhammad married a 9 year old girl. muslims generally marry early in this day and age still. No one there is so many.

What so, if one seeks the truth that means they are shitting on religions? Due to political correctness no one can question islamic traditions, without being labeled "racist". Bollocks to that.

I will judge your religion since I have the right to, get over it. I try and research to not sound uninformed.

No I'm not new-age and advanced. I'm not a muslim, and since when have muslims been a race?

You have just backed up my thoughts on muslims who deny the truth to not make them sound mean. Muslim "mullahs" have been known to abuse children, but the community tried to hush up the parents, to stop the muslim community having a bad name. What a shitty ideal. They would rather let so called holy men abuse children then to root out the problem, just because they feel their "community" would get a bad name.

Christians will at least confront child-abusing priests and get the problem sorted.

sorry then mate. A tad misinformed is I.

Muslims i have spoke to though admit that muhammad did marry a 9 year old well she was six, but the marriage was consummated at 9.

Its still a fact, but then on maybe religion is a lie, and this all myths. I hope so.

But those links have chapters to some books, that explain the situation.

Giles said:
So do you belive God to be better than everyone else, or do you merely value his word more than that of others?
Both.

However, I don't want to say God is able to do anything, because he can't create a rock he can't lift. However, he is all=powerful, and that is slightly different.

Chaos23 said:
I will judge your religion since I have the right to, get over it. I try and research to not sound uninformed.

No I'm not new-age and advanced. I'm not a muslim, and since when have muslims been a race?
You have the right to judge whatever the hell you want. But you better have some facts to back up your judgments, boy. Otherwise they'll be misjudgments.

Muslims have never been a race.

did anyone bother to look at my post 2 pages back?
try looking at these 5 points about God and see if you can dispute them/prove them wrong. Good luck because to this day, no human has been able to prove these 5 points about the existence of God wrong:

[using Platonic and Aristotlean knowledge as a basis of some points:]
1. Motion cannot start itself, but must be started by something already in motion. An infinite chain of movers is impossible, for then there would be no first mover and therefore no motion at all. The chain MUST have a beginning. The unmoved mover is the one whom we call God.

2. Certain events are caused by other events, which are themselves caused by prior events, and so on. As above the causal chain CANNOT be infinite. The uncaused first cause is the one whom we call God.

3. Certain things are temporary, their existence unoriginal. Their existence is possible rather than necessary. The chain of unoriginal existence CANNOT be infinite but must find its source in a self-existent necessary being. This self-existent necessary being is the one whom we call God.

4. We judge certain things to have a lesser degree of perfection than others. Relative assessments require an absolute standard of perfection. This absolute standard, God, MUST exist.

5. Inanimate things function together to accomplish an ordered purpose. This cannot occur by chance but requires an intelligent designer. The designer is the one whom we call God.

If you can prove those wrong with substantial proof and evidence, THEN you may say there is no God/ultimate power.

I've heard a debate about these "5 points" of which you speak. You say that they cannot be disproved, yet others would claim that you cannot prove them. Others still would debate the truth of "proof" who's to say what constitutes proof?

What the hell are you saying? the first parts of the 5 things, such as:

"Motion cannot start itself, but must be started by something already in motion. An infinite chain of movers is impossible, for then there would be no first mover and therefore no motion at all. The chain MUST have a beginning."

are already proven true. Didn't you learn any of this in grade/high school? the parts where it says "...is the one we call God." are just saying that this is the name given to this being by Christians. The lines before it, however, are true.