Satyricon

Jun 25, 2004
I know this was probably discussed years ago if this forum existed then.. this is for newer fans who do not know or aware of this.. but i finally bought their debut album Dark Medievel Times... and i can see why people thought Volcano was crap compared to DMT... I haven't heard their newest album so i'm skeptical of getting that one... any thoughts on their past and present? ... wish they went back to their past style... DMT was/is a great album... much much better then Volcano (which is the first album i bought when it first came out)...

I like all of their albums, ND is a great album imo. Not terribly complex but the songs are very well written. DMT is my second favorite.

DMT, The ShadowThrone, and Nemesis Divina are great.

Thats the only albums you really need. Now, Diabolical is better than Volcano but it's still shit, if you didnt like volcano dont bother with Diabolical.

I am a fan of their first four albums, even Rebel Extravaganza which many people didn't like. Volcano and Now, Diabolical are two disappointing albums of average value.

What amazes me is that this band still had a ton of potential which they have either thrown away or refused to utilize. Satyr only about 30ish, and with a great drummer like Frost you'd think they'd be able to piece together great albums - instead of taking four years to release an album like Now, Diabolical.

I like Dark Medieval Times and Nemesis Divina, but when I saw them on Headbangers Ball I almost shit my pants. I was going to try the album before then, but that may be a sign that it's not so wonderful.

Meh, might as well try it now.

What amazes me is that this band still had a ton of potential which they have either thrown away or refused to utilize. Satyr only about 30ish, and with a great drummer like Frost you'd think they'd be able to piece together great albums - instead of taking four years to release an album like Now, Diabolical.

You cannot say that the songs were not well constructed or well written. That'd be complete idiocy

I am a fan of their first four albums, even Rebel Extravaganza which many people didn't like. Volcano and Now, Diabolical are two disappointing albums of average value.

Most bands produce their best albums when they are younger anyways.

Dän;5696751 said:
Most bands produce their best albums when they are younger anyways.

Very true. I find that usually a bands best material is found within their first three albums or so, and then the band goes downhill or changes style, though it isnt the case with some bands.