Satyricon

How much of their older material does Satyricon play during tours?

@anyone who knows

Fair amount, when I saw them here about 3 weeks ago they played probably 14 songs, maybe 6 or 7 were from their last 3 albums, the rest from their frist 3.

Yeah speaking of touring, are they getting over to the states anytime soon? I know they have their Scandinavian Diabolical Tour going on now. I'd love to see them live. What songs from older albums do they play live besides the obligatory "Mother North"?

there is better black metal out there...Deathspell Omega, Darkthrone, Immortal, Emperor, 1349, Gorgoroth, Xasthur, Leviathan, Revenge, Black Witchery, Beherit, Demoncy, Sargeist, the list goes on

Ooh, can I play?

Blasphemy, Merrimack, Darkspace, Mortifera, Tormentor, Winterfallen, Countess, Behexen, Absu, Dark Tribe.

Pretty cult, huh?

there is better black metal out there...Deathspell Omega, Darkthrone, Immortal, Emperor, 1349, Gorgoroth, Xasthur, Leviathan, Revenge, Black Witchery, Beherit, Demoncy, Sargeist, the list goes on

Add Dark Funeral and that is a good list

Yeah speaking of touring, are they getting over to the states anytime soon? I know they have their Scandinavian Diabolical Tour going on now. I'd love to see them live. What songs from older albums do they play live besides the obligatory "Mother North"?

The shows they played im fairly certain these were pretty much fixed in their set, give or take a couple for others; Forhekset, Dominions Of Satyricon, Hvite Krists Död, Du Som hater gud, Woods To Eternity, Walk The Path Of Sorrow

I like Satyricon's earlier works from DMT to NM better than their older stuff, Fuel for Hatred was ok, but I've liked everything I've heard off Now, Diabolical but that's not to say I like it better than their older stuff.

All bullshit aside, I find amazing that when Satyr and Frost wrote and recorded DMT they were only 18 yrs old. Listen to the song arrangements and composition on DMT and you will realize they were way ahead of others musically. It truly is a remarkable work. Nemesis Divina, IMO has some of the best BM riffage ever and strong writing. Satyricon my not be making quality albums anymore, but you can't deny the greatness of the 2 bricks of BM mentioned here. Peace.

Is their Album "the shadowthrone" any good, I've never heard anything about this album and was wondering how it stacks up against their first and third albums. I personally loved nemesis divina but hated dark medieval times.