Seriously..in the trash or continue?

Of course, I'll give it a shot!...is that 3:00 to 3:24 or to the very end?
Do you have anything specific in mind or a suggestion about how you want it to end? PM me if you want to discuss it...

Ok, now you're putting me under too much pressure :erk: :)

Hahaha :kickass: No need to, if you consider I wasn´t even sure, if I keep working on it or reject it. I think, we can do something good out of this piece. So far we have Emdprodukt, Skinny Viking, Keregioz and I really wanna ask Metaltastic and James the_shred (if they find time). I will post a detailed plan about the possible solo spaces tomorrow + P.m to you guys, as soon as possible.

@Keregioz Yeah this is 3:00 to 3:24! A solo with blues/pentatonic elements would fit well! But I will p.m to you, then we can discuss some details.

can't wait deeeewwwd!

:)

Okay this will be a Solo battle with possible 7 guitarists (me included). Sounds a bit utopic, but we will handle it. I try to make a small plan. The version you guys get tommorrow will be pretty naked (without the first boring solo between 0:33 and 1:23). It´s also possible to play a nice solo over the first parts.

1. Solo 0:07 - 0:33 (maybe some fast 16´notes)
2. Solo 0:33 - 0:58 (something slow, lydian and dreamy, gladly similar to my attempt)
3. Solo 0:58 - 1:24 (lydian style, but with the skill to bring the solo to its peak)

4. Solo 1:46 - 2:10 (a lydian acoustic solo here, who has the balls?)
5. Solo 2:11 - 2:35 (That´s my fucking solo)
6. Solo 2:35 - 3:00 (something fx like, whammy bar stuff, dramatical)
7. Solo 3:00 - 3:24 (That´s Keregioz´s job :D )

Now choose, Olli and Skinny Viking. I´ll contact James and Marcus about some contributions.

keep working on it Felix ... there are some really good ideas in there

I'll admit you almost started losing me because it was a bit too repititive with the drums and chord progression but I got sucked right back in at the 1:18 mark and my interest stayed for the remainder of the tune

EXACTLY my thoughts. Please go for it. And yeah, different guitar sound for the rhythms. Beefier I'd say. Harmony guitars are really cool. :headbang:

Shogger

:)

No choose, Olli and Skinny Viking. I´ll contact James and Marcus about some contributions.

when you say "acoustic" do you mean actual acoustic or just clean?

I may have to try for that one since like I said, I don't ever use a whammy bar even though that heavier section is a little more suited to my playing :p

guess I need to learn what lydian is

oh by the way Felix, just use my name ... Carlos, or Los, either will save you some time with typing ;)

I guess I could contribute something if you have time to wait for me to get my shit together? :lol: I need to sort out some new strings and shit, but I could contribute either the acoustic lead, or the Slayer type one, but without whammy bar stuff, I could do a mad wah Andreas Kisser on Roots Bloody Roots kinda solo?

when you say "acoustic" do you mean actual acoustic or just clean?

I may have to try for that one since like I said, I don't ever use a whammy bar even though that heavier section is a little more suited to my playing :p

guess I need to learn what lydian is

oh by the way Felix, just use my name ... Carlos, or Los, either will save you some time with typing ;)

Carlos, do you know Death´s "Crystal Mountain"? There is one nice Western guitar solo played over a distortion rythm track. With enough compression this would be possible. Maybe someone of you guys can do it? This would be killer.

Hey bud, at first listen im really digging solo 6. just jamming over it with the new PODXT *which fucking rules for practice* and I love the backing, so gothic and dramatic! Could get a real contrast from the last solo here.

Whatever's still free man and your happy with :)

Carlos, do you know Death´s "Crystal Mountain"? There is one nice Western guitar solo played over a distortion rythm track. With enough compression this would be possible. Maybe someone of you guys can do it? This would be killer.

I'm more than a little familiar with that tune ;) You're talking about the little phrases at the end of the song ja?

I can do something stylistically similar, but it would have to be with just a clean channel, the only acoustic I have is complete shit

So thats what you're looking for in the section I was asking about?

Haha this could grow to a diplomatic balancing act. I don´t wanna be the asshole at the end :lol: I will upload the backing track tomorrow, you guys try your best and then I´ll choose, what I think, will fits the best for the song´s atmosphere.

I´m familiar with Keregioz, Metaltastic and James The_shred´s playing, so I trust them blind :)

Haha this could grow to a diplomatic balancing act. I don´t wanna be the asshole at the end :lol: I will upload the backing track tomorrow, you guys try your best and then I´ll choose, what I think, will fits the best for the song´s atmosphere.

I´m familiar with Keregioz, Metaltastic and James The_shred´s playing, so I trust them blind :)

smart choice ;)

I think I'll take a swing at the original part I was digging and then if I can come up with something suitable I'll try the clean/acoustic section thing too and just track both, let you choose if either one is what you're looking for. If not ... there's is no ego here buddy, just go with the next guy :headbang:

It's awesome from 1:20 on. Not my cup of tea before that, so I can't comment but I think you should lose the first 20-30 seconds.

Hey bud, at first listen im really digging solo 6. just jamming over it with the new PODXT *which fucking rules for practice* and I love the backing, so gothic and dramatic! Could get a real contrast from the last solo here.

Whatever's still free man and your happy with :)

Alright James :kickass: Then let´s update the list.

1. Solo 0:07 - 0:33 (maybe some fast 16´notes) Someone has to save this part, cause it´s the weak point of the track ;)
2. Solo 0:33 - 0:58 (something slow, lydian and dreamy, gladly similar to my attempt)
3. Solo 0:58 - 1:24 (lydian style, but with the skill to bring the solo to its peak)

6. Solo 2:35 - 3:00 (That´s James The_Shred´s solo)
7. Solo 3:00 - 3:24 (That´s Keregioz´s job )

BTW yesterday Dropbox did not work, but now it´s working:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/Interlude2010.mp3

Tomorrow you´ll get the official backing track!

Alright James :kickass: Then let´s update the list.

1. Solo 0:07 - 0:33 (maybe some fast 16´notes)

BTW yesterday Dropbox did not work, but now it´s working:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/Interlude2010.mp3

Tomorrow you´ll get the official backing track!

okidoki then I'll just give a shot at the clean lead thingy spot at 1:46 - 2:10 :headbang:

I guess I could contribute something if you have time to wait for me to get my shit together? :lol: I need to sort out some new strings and shit, but I could contribute either the acoustic lead, or the Slayer type one, but without whammy bar stuff, I could do a mad wah Andreas Kisser on Roots Bloody Roots kinda solo?

Hey dude :) I don´t think, Kisser wah stuff would fits good, but feel free to try some stuff! When I like it, I´ll take it. This is not easy to to keep an overwiew (seven different solo performances on one song..stuff for guiness book of records)

I think I'll keep out of this on second thought. I don't seem to be inspired too much right now, everything is coming out sounding whack. Keep up the good work though guys!

okidoki then I'll just give a shot at the clean lead thingy spot at 1:46 - 2:10 :headbang:

Okay, give it a try :)

1. Solo 0:07 - 0:33 (maybe some fast 16´notes) Someone has to save this part, cause it´s the weak point of the track

4. Solo 1:46 - 2:10 (Skinny Viking´s space)

I'm more than a little familiar with that tune You're talking about the little phrases at the end of the song ja?

Ja! Ich bin gespannt :)