shit you wish bands would stop doing

I wish bands would be more honest when they give press releases and interviews. Seriously. I know it will never happen as it would be commercial suicide, but you aren't telling me that the band doesn't know they're about to release an utter stinker ?

i.e. Jeff Waters "Schizo Deluxe is the best album I've ever released!"

No it fucking isn't you cunt. Even YOU must know that.

Also:

Please stop reforming and then releasing a new album of lack-lustre tracks. Reform and tour on past glories, sure - hell, when I was younger I was generally too poor to see you - but for pities sake, stop the horror!

*glares at Nuclear Assault et.al.*

Metalcore, as a trend, will die out come a few years, but it will still be around by those bands who legitimately play it. It did start out pretty fuckin' pure and free from Gothenburg influences.

Anal Cunt is nothing but a novelty. There is nothing musically interesting about the band. The only reason to own an Anal Cunt album is to say you own an Anal Cunt album, not to actually listen to it.

Anal Cunt is nothing but a novelty. There is nothing musically interesting about the band. The only reason to own an Anal Cunt album is to say you own an Anal Cunt album, not to actually listen to it.

maybe to you. but where I come from, early Anal Cunt is noisecore brilliance.

I wish some bands wouldn't put live versions of my favorite songs on their myspaces. The kind of live versions where the people screaming is almost as loud as the music, and you can hear it the whole time. Or just for the first 30 seconds or minute. Its annoying.

I would like bands to stop putting bonus tracks on the rereleases of their albums. I want to hear the album as it was intended to be heard in the first place. If you want to put out live tracks, unreleased songs, etc. put that shit on a separate cd.

I would also like bands to stop taking pictures of themselves. I care about music, not seeing some kind of hyper-masculine fashion show. It's completely irrelevant and quite often an absolute eyesore.

I would also like bands to stop taking pictures of themselves. I care about music, not seeing some kind of hyper-masculine fashion show. It's completely irrelevant and quite often an absolute eyesore.

There is definitely a line that should be drawn, but pictures need to be taken to promote the band & give people some sort of image with the sound they hear. I don't pay much attention to band pictures, but it's cool to at least know what they look like. There are a lot of bands I listen to that I don't know what they look like though, so it's definitely not important.

I would like bands to stop putting bonus tracks on the rereleases of their albums. I want to hear the album as it was intended to be heard in the first place. If you want to put out live tracks, unreleased songs, etc. put that shit on a separate cd.

I agree with this. I also hate bands putting "hidden tracks" on the CD. If it can't be imported with Media Player, it's not worth putting on the fucking disk.

I hate when songs get split into two tracks needlessly, such as the case with Black Sabbath's Born Again album. That interlude between The Dark and Zero the Hero fucking bugs me, because of the two-second pause I get when I import the CD with Media Player. Either merge the tracks, or cut the intro.

- All this emphasis on being more technical. It can be good, e.g. Obscura, but it can also be complete shit and have no soul. I'd rather good song writing than 500 time changes in one minute.

- '-core' bands and their fans claiming to be death metal.