Should I Even Bother?

Ayn Rand was a great philospher, and if you nitz's are unable to gather even the slightest amount of spiritual uplifting from such epics as Atlas Shrugged and the Fountainhead...then I pity you.

P.S What do I expect from a bunch of people who can barely read, let alone hold an intelligent thought?

At the time I was pretty big into philosophy... but I never managed to agree with Rand's stuff.

Finaly managed to pick up the old philosophy books again, so I may try another round of The Fountainhead.

Luz said:
Come on pal!... don't get me wrong. WE ALL KNOW JUDAS PRIEST ISN'T DEATH METAL. I put it because at the time I listened death metal bands I listened Judas Priest too, I didn't see THE NEED to post all the genres and the sub-genres to ALL THE BANDS I LIKE, but if you want and you don't know, the next time I'll do it. :devil: (you know I was joking, right? sometimes I can be very ironic, that's why I'm telling you, and you're a great person to me)

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-
thanks :) i was joking yes :p Im a bit like that, i'll pick out the tiniest mistakes and try and make it into a joke... sorry :/

There are far more user friendly bands and artists that are equally as talented as opeth. So why would your first choice be a band who growls for more than half of their songs?

^jeez. first you say we "can barely read, let alone hold an intelligent thought", then you fail to realize this is an Opeth-only thread, and that I pointed that out earlier in the thread...to avoid posts such as yours.
nothin personal here, i'm just responding to your elitist statement.
as for philosophy, i almost got banned for debating it earlier this year so i'm not going to get involved - although it could be entertaining!
cheers.

no no, the dude definitely was the one who said "chinaman"

Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit DONT FUCKING ROLL! SHOMER SHABBOS!

in the bowling alley the dude says "the chinaman is not the issue here"

and then later on walter says:
I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line you do not, uh--and also, Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred, uh. . . Asian-American. Please.

but i don't even get the argument because i posted the above statement (walters) and risquit said "isn't it walter that said that" ....well yeah it was, that's his line.

bowski - out

Silent Song said:
Don Corleone:

not every band you like has to necessarily be groundbreaking. i was just pointing out that anyone who immediately discredits someone's musical tastes or musical knowledge on the basis that they like a certain band, is being closedminded.

aa dont get bitter mate, of course you can like maroon 5 (when theres worse stuff you could have liked haha just kidding) and it's nobody's business. i myself just told you im a huge fan of beyoncé!

i appreciate your courage to post something of that kind on a metal board (but then again opeth listeners are very open-minded). it's just that i find nothing new in maroon 5 so i was asking whats so special about them.

^speaking of: i saw maroon 5 live this summer (don't ask why) and they had a ton of energy and seemed to really care about what they were doing. as for "nothing new", they've been around for alot longer than people think, under different names and all that, and they aren't a progressive band. in my opinion, they are loyal to their genre (whatever that may be - rock? i dunno) and deserve a little more respect. they just dont feel the need to change what they like doing. then again, maybe im wrong.

allright friends: when does walter say this: "after the what-have-ya...."?

NineFeetUnderground said:
dorian...run a warm bath, and open your wrists.

as for her...if shes your friend...her judgement is already clouded beyond reason...so exposing her to a band like Opeth is a moot point.

Stop being a fucking faggot, Jesus, I was actually starting to change my mind about you

Actually I remember in grade 11...I showed my friend Opeth *The Drapery Falls* and she was into country music...but she listened to the entire track..n' she said "thats pretty good"...yup yup

I've always felt compelled to share Opeth's music with other people. You'd think that people who listen only to radio music would react worst to heavy music because they're not used to it. That's the reason half the time, but I also find that because they listen to music that's so inherently simple, that they often don't pay enough attention to death metal to be offended by its agressive nature. You'd think that they would definitely receive the negative overtones that it has, as they're not used to reading between the lines in music and listening for things. That could just be the people I've played Opeth and other death metal for, though, and their open personalities.