Should people stick to their own kind?

Sticking to one's own kind is a consequence of free association. Just because "people want to bus and mix people" does not mean they have the right to compel such action. I want many things, that does constitute entitlement. Busing is inefficient and a poor diversion of resources; school choice is something for the parents, not the state to decide, which has no business in the school system to begin with.

Feuding amongst races, if noting else, would be more likely to occur when there is competition for resources in the same area, or dominance and status in a school environment (unfortunately).

Additionally, there is a reason 'white flight' takes place, and the statistics of black-on-white crime indicate as such, as well as the desire for better schools in neighbourhoods with better tax bases. My parents caught onto this and sent me to private school for grades 9-12, thus I became better-spoken and more knowledgeable than otherwise. K-8 was spent in such suburban schools, though respectable they paled in quality vis-a-vis private education.

Its all a matter of imeadiate funds however, as well a location, couldnt see it working well in rural areas and would most likely fall on its face as pubic has if it had to deal with mass populations

different people have different strong suits regardless the race, but certain lineages/race/heritage also have particular strenghts by percentage.

I guess to sum it all up, I dont feel we are born equal for any given task, however I feel we balance the scale by utilizing our strenghts.

unfortunantly the economic scale does not agree but lets look at who controls that... naw, lets not, it could get ugly... lol

so
basically you're saying that different races should have different job titles, based on different liniages/races/heritages having different skills when it comes to job titles, i agree with you, in that everyone on earth should take vocational aptitude tests and do the jobs they're naturally skilled at,
but
the NAACP AND THE ACLU would both consider this "racism"
the NAACP pretty much wants all black people to go to college, even though black people have been shown to get way, way lower test scores on SATs/the final exams in the last year of highschool/and the midterm/final exams in college
the NAACP wants all the black people to go to college because they want all the black people to have degrees that give them the ability to do those specific jobs that white people are naturally better at
this is ridiculous
black people doing white people's jobs is ridiculous because black people aren't really inferior to white people
in the olympics the black people always beat out the white people in the "dash" races, the marathons, and there's only been 4 or 5 non-black people in the entire history of the NBA that have actually been decent, let alone really really good. the Bee-Gees' song "staying alive" was the world's 1st rap song, the Beastie Boys, Snow, and Vanilla Ice had hit songs, Eminem is prolly one of the richest people Eminem has ever met, and ICP live comfortably, but for the most part, black people are better rappers than white people
Ray Charles played piano better than white people, Jimmy Hendrix played guitar better than white people, but for the most part, white people play piano/guitar better than black people

i'm not saying that one race is better than the other, i'm just saying that it's noticeable that black people and white people have different naturally occuring skill sets

the NAACP pretty much wants all black people to go to college, even though black people have been shown to get way, way lower test scores on SATs/the final exams in the last year of highschool/and the midterm/final exams in college.

But we have to remember that the lingering effects of hundreds of years of racism haven't necessarily diminished so much as racism itself may have. The reason they score lower is because most of the black population lives in areas with poor educational systems and little money to improve. This is a result of a long history of racism. Now, the problem arises with the following issue: I'm not a racist, and I don't think that anyone on this forum will willingly and vehemently claim to be a racist. Therefore, why should we be forced to pay the reparations of what our ancestors did? We're not racist, and by Jove we'd hire more blacks for our big firms if more of them were just better educated. Herein lies the problem. There's no one alive anymore who can be held liable. There is no fair decision. We could leave the areas of poorer blacks to their own devices, but that will leave us with a feeling of guilt because they have little ability or opportunity to help themselves. We could force the better-educated, wealthier white population to help the blacks; but the majority of the white population nowadays cannot be held responsible for what happened before they were born, so it's basically like making them (us) pay for others' crimes. Either way there is a moral dilemma. As usual with America, we dig ourselves into a massive hole until our only option left is to kill the others in the hole with us and pile up their bodies to climb out.

But if you just forget all that including the term "racism" and see what is bringing these specific populated areas down and move toward the solutions change will slowly occur. You have a similar situation in rural America amounst white. Ignorance due to isolation, influencing environment, ect. I moved to a more rural area than I grew up in and at times these people drive me crazy, but I seldom have found them to be "stupid", just unaware, or closed minded, or trapped in their less complicated life, or could care less... which at times could be the best attitude.

NAACP - like everything else, has had its good purpose and its down side. Without it we would still be clubing and lynching blacks in Alabamee.

It is natural that "birds of a feather flock together". Everyone doesn't want to mix randomly - we all prefer those with at least similar interests and outlooks on the world, although - to expand one's awareness and knowledge - there is no harm in being friendly and curious about other people UP TO A POINT.

We live in a society in which it is considered very bad form if we only associate with those like us - almost a CRIME in fact.

If I feel like I am being forced to feel guilty for my preference and that I should mix with people I don't want to then I will not cooperate.

We should not be bullied into racemixing for example. Yet we are. The practice of "bussing" white schoolchildren into black schools and vice versa was a failure in the US, yet they wish to do that in the UK and some white kids in Yorkshire have been forced to worship in Mosques in neighbouring towns. This is an outrage and should even be contrary to "human rights" for what that is worth.

It has been proven scientifically, without doubt, that increasing the genetic diversity in a community destroys trust and cooperation. This was the reluctant conclusion of Professor Robert Putnam of Harvard University. You look it up.

Also Hamilton's rule for the spread of genes for altruism in a population shows us that kinship is vital to keep this characteristic in any genepool. It is lost when altruism is applied indiscriminately and promiscuously.

It is precisely because this would (and is now) result in a hell on Earth that I firmly hold that people should live amongst their own kind and maintain group solidarity. No hate required.

this post looks like it was stolen from my mind
in America, the number of "Black" people is only a mere 12 percent of the population, that's 12 out of 100, 6 out of 50, 3 out of 25, that's almost as small as 1 out of 10, there are actually more blue-eyed people, and more left-handed people in America than blacks
but all the blacks glom together, in the big cities, with a few whole (small) cities that are mostly black people, and the larger cities like Dallas, NYC, LA, Chicago, Detriot, St Louis, Houston, all have their "black part of town" areas where you can step of a bus at a busstop completely surrounded by tightly packed pedestrians and not see a single white person for a whole 2 miles in any direction, this creates things like Jet Magazine and BET and the NAACP, where the random black person is living in the same city with all the relatives he can name, and the random black person really has no ide just how tiny of a minority the black people really are in america,
in America, there are still places where a white guy can be born,graduate highschool, get married, get a job that pays enough to support his children, watch his grandchildren have children, and die at the age of 112 without ever actually seeing a black person face-to-face, those people turn on the nationally broadcasted rap vidios and "black comedy" shows where there's no white people in the show, those white people in wyoming or iowa watching that shit aren't going to understand what the hell's going on in those shows, so they're gonna be freaked out by the black culture, and actually happy that there aren't any black people in idaho, "birds of a fether flock together" is a huge factor when it comes to white supremicists, and the Malcolm X worshipping black guys that somehow think that slavery has somehow made the black people alive today somehow better than the white people alive today

Thankfully when they stole it from your mind they had the foresight to add paragraphing, punctuation and general articulation.

all I can say to monoxide's last post is... huh ?

Your way to obsessed with this. Sure there are problems in the black culture, there are in the white culture too and to me right now you are representing them, to the point of inaccurate, totally bias statements. Im also beginning to see why perhaps someone got violent with you. Just sayin'... surely there is more to the picture than you see.

But we have to remember that the lingering effects of hundreds of years of racism haven't necessarily diminished so much as racism itself may have. The reason they score lower is because most of the black population lives in areas with poor educational systems and little money to improve. This is a result of a long history of racism. Now, the problem arises with the following issue: I'm not a racist, and I don't think that anyone on this forum will willingly and vehemently claim to be a racist. Therefore, why should we be forced to pay the reparations of what our ancestors did? We're not racist, and by Jove we'd hire more blacks for our big firms if more of them were just better educated. Herein lies the problem. There's no one alive anymore who can be held liable. There is no fair decision. We could leave the areas of poorer blacks to their own devices, but that will leave us with a feeling of guilt because they have little ability or opportunity to help themselves. We could force the better-educated, wealthier white population to help the blacks; but the majority of the white population nowadays cannot be held responsible for what happened before they were born, so it's basically like making them (us) pay for others' crimes. Either way there is a moral dilemma. As usual with America, we dig ourselves into a massive hole until our only option left is to kill the others in the hole with us and pile up their bodies to climb out.

there are no white slave owners alive anymore to be held accountable for the slavery, but at the same time there are no more slaves alive anymore to recieve the "reparations" the "reparation money" concept was at one point the idea of giving the decendants of the slaves an amount of money equal to what a wage-earner would have made for the amount/type of work that the slaves did, and i'm not a racist but if the "white people" are gonna pay the "black people" a "payment" for the slave-labor then i'm not comfortable with anyone that wasn't actually a slave recieving any of the money

But the consequences of slave labor, emancipation, the squalor of freedmen's establishments, the oppression that continued after their "liberation," etc. has had lasting consequences through the generations. We can't say that what happened a hundred years ago hasn't affected what's happening today.

You could pull threads from modern Europe back to the 30 years war. Slavery ended yesterday, practicially. Or evolved, one or the other.

No one who can make their way elsewhere has any business in the United States, but when they start giving out payments, any tax-payer will pay dearly for it.

Meanwhile, in Dubai and other civilized points East, people can actually afford to do business. When the tax is abolished, everyone benefits; who would have thought?

there are no white slave owners alive anymore to be held accountable for the slavery, but at the same time there are no more slaves alive anymore to recieve the "reparations" the "reparation money" concept was at one point the idea of giving the decendants of the slaves an amount of money equal to what a wage-earner would have made for the amount/type of work that the slaves did, and i'm not a racist but if the "white people" are gonna pay the "black people" a "payment" for the slave-labor then i'm not comfortable with anyone that wasn't actually a slave recieving any of the money

I totally agree on the slavery issue and always have. I dont give a woot who was a slave. In my life I have known there is more than one kind of slavery. Many people in this country work hard and make just enough to keep food and a home. No different that what the slaves had. We have not been physically whipped but have had hords of mental whipping thrown our way, the biggest at this time is, "you arent making enough ?... too bad, there is plenty of Mexicans willing to work for less" We used to have a saying "whats that got to do with the price of tea in China". ... low and behold if they didnt figure out a way to make everything about China relevent... imagine that. Blacks are no longer repressed except according to their own accounts and actions, they cant put forth an arguement that could sway me. I would hire and fire one with no quams about it. Currently I think the attitude which may feed the ambition level... or not, is the problem the black community must confront. Intelligence bares little relevance today, we have more than enough educated idjuts to screw up the works as things stand right now.

as for everyones poor ass attempts at equality, i find it absolutely hilarious that instead of making everyone the same which is WHAT EQUALITY means, we have things like minority law, and labels such as 'racism', and 'hate crimes'... its a fucking scam. with things like this, there will NEVER be equality, just another illusion of equality.

I completely agree that having these, "minority" laws doesn't appear to make things, "equal", but keeps a seperation between the races. It's pretty clear, at least to me, why those laws exist. If there wasn't a law to set a quota on hiring a certain amount of people from varioius races, I think it's fair to say that more Whites would be hired, because most people in top positions are White and would more than likely choose to hire people of the same race. I don't place any value judgements on this. I think it's human nature to gravitate towards those who you feel more comfortable with, and yes, race does play a part in this. I don't think that all people feel this way, but I would say that more than half do.

I think the larger point in all this, and one that people need to understand and accept, is that people are never going to be the same, at least not genetically. People are always going to be a little different. The point of equality is more about acceptance of differences than actually making everyone physically the same.

Clearly, these, "minority", laws exist because there is a lack of equality when it comes to power and decision-making.

I completely agree that having these, "minority" laws doesn't appear to make things, "equal", but keeps a seperation between the races. It's pretty clear, at least to me, why those laws exist. If there wasn't a law to set a quota on hiring a certain amount of people from varioius races, I think it's fair to say that more Whites would be hired, because most people in top positions are White and would more than likely choose to hire people of the same race. I don't place any value judgements on this. I think it's human nature to gravitate towards those who you feel more comfortable with, and yes, race does play a part in this. I don't think that all people feel this way, but I would say that more than half do.

I think the larger point in all this, and one that people need to understand and accept, is that people are never going to be the same, at least not genetically. People are always going to be a little different. The point of equality is more about acceptance of differences than actually making everyone physically the same.

Clearly, these, "minority", laws exist because there is a lack of equality when it comes to power and decision-making.

without the minority laws
you'd create a situation where any "minority" would end up feeling superior to the majority
this is already happening to a certain extent, with the Malcolm X worshipping blacks and the "hecho en Mexico" tattoos appearing on the necks of those that insistantly refuse to learn english because they feel that speaking english "takes away" their "cultural identity"

2 mr. Kasz:I didn't follow the conversation, but it look's like that you have some mental racial problems
"multiracial" relations are easy if you don't put stress on appearence or other characteristics.
I prefer idea that XX century faced the end of national states, and XXI faced comeplete end of pure races.
If someone seek his ethnic identity he may deprive himself from familier society and bring to radical one(with the same ideas).
Lookes like the early 1933:rolleyes:. Is it clear what I'm trying to tell?