Should we expect an announcement this week?

Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I know they only had two releases.
I am fully aware of the band, just never bought an album.
I saw them open for Megadeth.
I remember their marketing for the first album was based on covering a Jefferson Airplane song, I believe.

Nah, it wasn't an accusation. I meant that we've collectively typed 5000 words based upon 10 words that Rob wrote, trying extract all sorts of meaning from a whisper of a hint of a rumor, and that's just kind of silly. But, I can't stop. Aughhh!!!
LOL.

Well, that's pretty much true of any band that wasn't huge in the 80s or on a major label. And still, the last.fm numbers show that more than twice as many people listen to Nevermore as all the announced bands combined, so it seems reasonable to assume that Nevermore would double the attendance, which is pretty significant.
I hope you're right. Interesting that Will hasn't put the kibosh on a Nevermore appearance.

I guess I'm not sure why y'all assume the 1500 number is the serious target. And even if it is, it's possible that the guys are just crazy, and have no idea what they're talking about. :D That seems like a more reasonable way to solve the mystery than to assume they're getting some super-ultra-mega-band.
I think the assumption is based solely on that quote by Rob about venue capacity.

Zod

Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I know they only had two releases.
I am fully aware of the band, just never bought an album.

Cool, gotcha. When you had expressed an unfamiliarity with the sound of their albums, I assumed it was an unfamiliarity with the band as a whole. Regardless, I definitely think you'll dig the second one (which has an amazing cover of "White Rabbit" by the way, speaking of covers).

Jason

I hope you're right. Interesting that Will hasn't put the kibosh on a Nevermore appearance.

I found that interesting as well, and quite the potential curve ball based on his "Nice try" post.

General Zod said:
I think the assumption is based solely on that quote by Rob about venue capacity.

Yep, that and the "blow the roof off" comments are the only reasons why I changed my "common sense" approach and unintentionally contributed to Jasonic's and Karen's headaches.

Jason

They only had two releases (Refuge Denied and Into the Mirror Black), and while they are out of print, they can usually be found relatively inexpensively. Of the two, ItMB was more polished and closer to the "Nevermorian" sound technically, while RD was a bit "rawer" and had more of an 80's traditional metal sound to it (with more high pitched wailing from Mr. Dane, that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, at least IMO). The first release was produced, interestingly enough, by one Mr. Dave Mustaine.

Of the two, I'd recommend Into the Mirror Black - particularly if you're a Nevermore fan. That said, both are certainly worth owning.

Love Into the Mirror Black... To the best of my knowledge, although I'd be hard pressed to find the CDR copy I have, there's also an uncirculated/unreleased live set called Into the Mirror Live or something to that effect...

I dunno about the reality of that one for a couple reasons:
1) King is working on a solo album
2) MF is currently not active (IE - nothing to promote for them)
3) I believe (don't quote me on this) that Rob indicated once that King was asked but was not available

As much as I love VOIVOD, I do NOT want to see them without Piggy.
Sorry.
The band has already stated that if they ever did play live, it would be some sort of huge hometown thing, with many celebrity guest, such as Dave Grohl, etc. I guess things could always change...

No? He said he's in contact with all of them now. But no announcement yet. So I hope that the band he was after gets back to him soon with a yes.

As for the band. I half wonder if it isn't a band like Amon Amarth, Running Wild, or something of the sort.

As for the band. I half wonder if it isn't a band like Amon Amarth, Running Wild, or something of the sort.

Though some people would not be happy if it in fact was, I would shit myself if Amon Amarth was the "mystery" band. Love them! They are in the UK on 4/19 with nothing after that until May. That would be some serious jetlag! Hmm...