Should we expect an announcement this week?

Well, that's the beauty of the live form of Amon Amarth. You don't have to "get into" them at all. No need to own a CD or care about their lyrics. You can just show up without having heard a note of AA in your life (though some rudimentary knowledge about the mechanics of headbanging would be helpful) and be sent straight to Metal Valhalla.

The Mael Mordha effect, if you will.

Well, that's the beauty of the live form of Amon Amarth. You don't have to "get into" them at all. No need to own a CD or care about their lyrics. You can just show up without having heard a note of AA in your life (though some rudimentary knowledge about the mechanics of headbanging would be helpful) and be sent straight to Metal Valhalla.

Don't get me wrong... I actually really like what I have heard from this band. I KNOW that I would really be into them in a live setting. I just think that they could be so much more if they lost the "gimmick"

Don't get me wrong... I actually really like what I have heard from this band. I KNOW that I would really be into them in a live setting. I just think that they could be so much more if they lost the "gimmick"

Dude...it isnt a gimmick. It is what they write and sing about...just like black metal bands sing about "evil" and "satan"....power metal bands sing about "dragons" and "swords". It isnt a gimmick, it is what the music is about as a whole. There are tons of "viking" metal bands out there. I love the whole Norse God stuff. Grew up reading lots about it and it is very interesting. It makes them stand out amongst many generic "blood and guts" death metal bands.

To continue the overanalysis (why don't we have a pool going yet?), I'm betting that the delay between "we've got contact!" and any announcement is a good thing. If the response was a "no", that wouldn't take long to communicate, whereas a "yes" would require faxing the contracts back and forth to sign and all that.

On the other hand, maybe it *was* a "no", and now they're scrambling around to find another band!

Oh yeah, and, Amon Amarth for next year!!!!

Neil

One of these scenarios is true.

Dude...it isnt a gimmick. It is what they write and sing about...just like black metal bands sing about "evil" and "satan"....power metal bands sing about "dragons" and "swords". It isnt a gimmick, it is what the music is about as a whole. There are tons of "viking" metal bands out there. I love the whole Norse God stuff. Grew up reading lots about it and it is very interesting. It makes them stand out amongst many generic "blood and guts" death metal bands.

Sorry to offend all of the "Viking Metal" lovers around here. The last thing I need is a bunch of people chasing me around the Pearl Room with battle axes and helmets with horns on their heads...:lol:

If you like "Viking Metal" thats fine with me, I just think that a band should feel free to sing about whatever they are feeling at the time or what fits the song instead of "We are a ______ metal band, so we have to write songs about _____"...

i really don't have anything against AA. they just don't seem like a band that would wow alot of people to go. I'd be expecting a band that normally doesn't play shows in the US, or has NEVER played in the US before

One of these scenarios is true.
Hmmm... I believe you said if your current headliner fell through, the line up would go on as is, with the possibility of a lower tier band being added to round out the bill. And I suspect you have made that announcement already, if for no other reason, than to put an end to the immense Elvenking speculation.

Anyway, I've decide to read way too much into your previous statements and I've decided that you will be announcing Nevermore as the headliner some time Monday afternoon. Congratulations.

You're all welcome.

Zod

Hmmm... I believe you said if your current headliner fell through, the line up would go on as is, with the possibility of a lower tier band being added to round out the bill. And I suspect you have made that announcement already, if for no other reason, than to put an end to the immense Elvenking speculation.

Anyway, I've decide to read way too much into your previous statements and I've decided that you will be announcing Nevermore as the headliner some time Monday afternoon. Congratulations.

You're all welcome.

Zod

Ihave one better....Nevermore playing all Elvenking songs!!!! Best of both worlds.:headbang: :worship: