Should we expect an announcement this week?

Damn. I was hoping Testament might be a contender but it looks like they'll be in Mexico that weekend. Meh.

Yeah, I think there are a lot more tours / festivals happening around this time than one might expect.

The metal festival circuit is becoming a 12 month ordeal these days, or so it seems.

Testament would be cool. Are they back to their original line-up now?
They were kind of weak on the Metal Gods tour with Halford.

Testament would be cool. Are they back to their original line-up now? They were kind of weak on the Metal Gods tour with Halford.

As original as they can get. Skolnick & Christian are back, but with Nick Barker playing drums. Currently are slowly writing a new disc, with Chuick stating that a full album of this material would blow The Gathering out of the water.

Damn. I was hoping Testament might be a contender but it looks like they'll be in Mexico that weekend. Meh.

They were a contender...until Friday when they confirmed their Mexico dates...which were in the pipeline prior to our contact with them. :cry:

And they weren't even the band I was referring to earlier in this thread. ;)

We have one last significant iron in the fire, and if that band doesn't pan out, we still have a killer Plan B band for y'all to complete the lineup.

FYI...we are planning on announcing that tickets will go on sale this week...most likely on sale either March 1st or 2nd. Tickets will also most likely be in the $18 per day range in case you're wondering. :kickass:

Cool to hear about the tix.......

I am just curious Rob, and maybe you can't answer this.
So you guys have a Plan A and Plan B.
Does Plan B know they will only receive an offer if Plan A can't make it and are cool with that? Or do they not know that you guys are waiting first to hear back from Plan A???

Testament would have been cool as hell - I've always wanted to see them, yet they only play a few US dates per year on either coast. Never in the midwest.

$18 per day is a steal. I may end up going just on Saturday - we'll have to see how it plays out.

First, seriously...why would you care? That is probably the oddest question you've ever had.

And what do you think? :rolleyes:

Just curious, that's all.
Didn't mean to upset or offend you Rob.
Don't take it that way.
You guys keep mentioning having a "Plan B".

I know you guys have a lot on your plates and we all appreciate it, BIG TIME.

Though, as you can see from this thread and others, we have all been speculating quite a bit over the past few weeks as who the headliners have been.

I think we ALL have had that question on our minds
(IE - Who is Plan A, what about Plan B0

Alright, I'm going bowling....

Just curious, that's all.
Didn't mean to upset or offend you Rob.
Don't take it that way.
You guys keep mentioning having a "Plan B".

I know you guys have a lot on your plates and we all appreciate it, BIG TIME.

Though, as you can see from this thread and others, we have all been speculating quite a bit over the past few weeks as who the headliners have been.

I think we ALL have had that question on our minds
(IE - Who is Plan A, what about Plan B0

Alright, I'm going bowling....

I'm not upset...I guess you just threw me for loop with that question since it's a private business matter...and to answer your question...OF COURSE! ;)

Basically, if we're forced into a Plan B situation, it'll probably be a co-headlining situation similar to what we did on the Friday night. I'm sure many of you won't "approve", but all I can say is that we tried our fucking asses off this year!!

Although, even if it comes to the Plan B situation for 2007, at least we've made some killer contacts for next year...and as long as we get enough ppl to come out this year to support the fest, you'll be able to see what all our hard work this year will produce in 2008.

That's unbelievable. How were you able to be cheaper than last year?

Because we've realized that it's more important to make the fest more appealing by pricing it so that anyone would be willing to pay that amount to see any one band (fuck that ticket price divided by number of bands shit...that's just complete bullshit!!!)...therefore, bringing more people in through the door. And by bringing more ppl in through the door, we should still hopefully at least break even....and guarantee another fest in 2008. Trust me, if it was at all about compensating ourselves for our "time & energy" in putting this together, we would've quit by now. ;)

Also, our outlook for this year's fest has always been that we're basically putting together the best 2 day package possible, which includes bands you don't normally see or haven't seen before...and as if it were 2 consecutive killer tour packages coming through Chicago...with our target audience being the Chicago area metalheads.

If it becomes a national attraction, kick ass! Although, if we can't get enough Chicago fans through those doors, then the fest is doomed...no pun intended...haha. :p

Because we've realized that it's more important to make the fest more appealing by pricing it so that anyone would be willing to pay that amount to see any one band (fuck that ticket price divided by number of bands shit...that's just complete bullshit!!!)...therefore, bringing more people in through the door. And by bringing more ppl in through the door, we should still hopefully at least break even....and guarantee another fest in 2008. Trust me, if it was at all about compensating ourselves for our "time & energy" in putting this together, we would've quit by now. ;)

Also, our outlook for this year's fest has always been that we're basically putting together the best 2 day package possible, which includes bands you don't normally see or haven't seen before...and as if it were 2 consecutive killer tour packages coming through Chicago...with our target audience being the Chicago area metalheads.

If it becomes a national attraction, kick ass! Although, if we can't get enough Chicago fans through those doors, then the fest is doomed...no pun intended...haha. :p

Cool to know. But I'll be the first to say that last years price ($25 a day...?) was pretty damn cheap. And anyone who knows me can tell you that I am the first to bitch about concert prices (usually rightfully so, IMHO). :)

Keep up the good work.

Cool to know. But I'll be the first to say that last years price ($25 a day...?) was pretty damn cheap. And anyone who knows me can tell you that I am the first to bitch about concert prices (usually rightfully so, IMHO). :)

Keep up the good work.

Actually, it was $50 for the 2-day pass (so $25 only if you got the 2-day) & more like $30 for single day tickets...and that was too much, which definitely hurt us for the local draw. Not to mention that the single day tickets didn't go on sale until the week before...and that probably also hurt us.

They were a contender...until Friday when they confirmed their Mexico dates...which were in the pipeline prior to our contact with them. :cry:

And they weren't even the band I was referring to earlier in this thread. ;)

We have one last significant iron in the fire, and if that band doesn't pan out, we still have a killer Plan B band for y'all to complete the lineup.

FYI...we are planning on announcing that tickets will go on sale this week...most likely on sale either March 1st or 2nd. Tickets will also most likely be in the $18 per day range in case you're wondering. :kickass:

If its Iron Fire. I'm coming for sure! =DD