Sideways...just because you know it deserves its own thread

The Royal Tennebaums was pretty good. Does this director of Life Aquatic and TRT have anything to do with Rushmore? The directing reminds me of each other. I am a huge fan of Rushmore.

Garden State was just okay, at best.

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind was pretty good. Interesting concept and directing but was kind of tedious at times.

I'm really picky with movies I suppose.

There's one scene that makes The Life Aquatic for me, just classic Bill Murray. When he's describing how Jacque Cousteau fitted microphones into the deep sea helmets, but how Team Zisou came up with putting music into them as well, that goofy shit starts playing and he does the little Bill Murray Dance?

Un. Fucking. Ruly.

One Inch Man said:
There's one scene that makes The Life Aquatic for me, just classic Bill Murray. When he's describing how Jacque Cousteau fitted microphones into the deep sea helmets, but how Team Zisou came up with putting music into them as well, that goofy shit starts playing and he does the little Bill Murray Dance?

Un. Fucking. Ruly.

Dude, seriously, that is the ONLY part I laughed at before I shut it off. heh

the fact that he was pissed off at the two useless dolphins was funny also ... but one mans great performance does not a good movie make

lurch70 said:
the fact that he was pissed off at the two useless dolphins was funny also ... but one mans great performance does not a good movie make
Willem Dafoe? Jeff Goldblum? Anjelica Huston?! Oh man I had a boner for all of their performances!

Oh yeah and like all great movies, it even had some titties. :headbang:

hahahaha that rules, even if I had to look it up. That's like my Messicicskin alter ego: Adriano Esmith :loco:

One Inch Man said:
hahahaha that rules, even if I had to look it up. That's like my Messicicskin alter ego: Adriano Esmith :loco:

i actually have the ESTAR GUARS tee ... for the few years I had it ... I think about 2 people actually "got it" ... you being the third :D

All I had to see was the font said tee is in, and my balls became laughed off. I need that shirt.

Truth be known, I actually think Bill Murray's best performance ever is in Groundhog Day. Those were the days when he was still just an SNL alumni. If that film came out today, he'd be up for an oscar.

That is easily one of the greatest movies ever, and I used to really hate Andy McDowell back then. I don't really don't know why, probably adolescent frustration of not having sex with a beautiful woman. Or any woman really. :dopey:

Best Bill Murray is Scrooged. Whoa man that is one awesome unruly experience.

The funniest thing they ever did with Andie McDowell was dub her southern voice over in Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan with something more 'normal'. She was so pissed. :tickled: (They used Glenn Close as the voiceover actor).

Sideways ruled! My wife and I live in almost the exact area that that movie was shot. We went wine tasting in that area. People I worked with were exactly like people in that movie. People out there are VERY picky about wine. We went from extreme wine novices to very knowledgeable about wine in about one year. The whole area is nothing but wine. I highly encourage people to visit the Santa Barbara/SLO area and do some wine tasting. It is so much fun.

That scene where he gets his friends wallet back just about killed me.

Why the fuck are we talking about sideways when STAR WARS EPISODE FUCKING III JUST CAME OUT?!?!?! HUH?!

I feel I really need to see Sideways, partly after reading this thread but reviewers I trust have also praised it.

And on a side note, Lost in Translation is one of the better movies I've seen in the last couple of years. Bill Murray is wonderful, not to mention Scarlette Johansen and the spectacular photo on top of that is enough to make it a classic. But I really can relate to the feeling of estrangement the permeates the entire movie as well, and Bill's and Scarlette's relation is also very beautiful. My favourite scene is probably when he recieves carpet samples from his wife to his hotel room :D