Slate's New VCC console (speculation)

ArthurD

Jun 2, 2010
Brasília - Brazil
Hey guys, Slate just said on Gearslutz that a new VCC console is on the way...

What console is being emulated? (hmmm, we already have SSL, NEVE, Trident, API, 50's Tube Console)
Whats comming next? Another SSL? Focusrite? Chandler? Perhaps a Ruper Neve?? :hotjump:

Check it out

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/9317713-post1918.html

"We spent most of last year designing our new 64bit framework which was completed in late June with the release of the VBC. The expected time to finish this framework was early Spring.

Now we are porting over all legacy plugins, including VTM, VCC, and FG-X. Each one is also going to get some updates, and we do have another console for VCC. All updates will be free for all users.

We wish we could snap our fingers and have it all done.. but unfortunately it's just not that simple, as our algorithms are very complex. For instance, the VCC has a very intricate system of grouping communication. This alone makes it very difficult and time consuming to port over. So when you compare us to other companies who have ported over to 64bit, ask yourself.. do they have such a complex communication system?

So anyway, we're working nonstop on everything. We're hiring new programmers to help us as well. I thank you for your patience, and look forward to getting 64bit legacy plugin releases as soon as possible, including AAX 64bit.

Cheers,
Steven"

I would love a SSL 9000 or the infamous frankenconsole steven had.
Maybe a harrison console?
Are there actually more famous analog consoles?

What i would love for new plugins would be:
a distressor emu (yeah i now and emulation of an emulation..but still almost every studio has one)
a slate dragon emu
a preamp emu (like Soundtoys juice that has been in development for years and their last update was in 2011)

cant believe steven hasn't made a Joey Sturgis deluxe pack for trigger XD the fanboys would buy it instantly
But would be awesome to have some deluxe pack from David bendeth, randy staub or Sneap ;) (among others)

I'd love it if the new console was an emulation of the console from Sound City that Dave Grohl has in his studio.

Very interesting! VCC is one of my favourite plugins, so more of that is always welcome. Though I have found my favourite consoles for most applications already. But who knows? Maybe it trumps one of them.

An old MCI would be cool...
And a crappy consumer grade console and an horrible digital console with shit converter.lol

It's unlikely, but my hope would be one of the newer, 'cleaner' sounding SSLs like the 9k or AWS. Saturation without so much of the grime of the 4k, or the frequency effects. Would be a good one for modern metal, where the 4k is too tubby.

I would love a SSL 9000 or the infamous frankenconsole steven had.
Maybe a harrison console?
Are there actually more famous analog consoles?

You want the 9000J/XL sound?
Bypass VCC and mix straight to your daw and you will be close... And I'm serious.

I'd love it if the new console was an emulation of the console from Sound City that Dave Grohl has in his studio.

VCC Neve is already modeled from a 8068 if I'm not wrong, so why do you want the same thing you already have?

It's unlikely, but my hope would be one of the newer, 'cleaner' sounding SSLs like the 9k or AWS. Saturation without so much of the grime of the 4k, or the frequency effects. Would be a good one for modern metal, where the 4k is too tubby.

Once again, you want the J/K saturation? Clip your daw until it sound bad>done.

Let's me put a list of console you don't want to have in VCC:

SSL 9000J/XL/AWS/Duality
Neve 88R
Amek 9098I
Focusrite Forté
Euphonix CS3000

What could be interesting is to have quad 8, Hellios, EMI console instead.

Mikaël-ange;10681408 said:
VCC Neve is already modeled from a 8068 if I'm not wrong, so why do you want the same thing you already have?

The Neve from Sound City is a Neve 8028 and the one on VCC is an 8048.

I`m thinking about the specific console from Sound city because of its history. Many of my favorite albums are made on that board.

A lot more of your favorite records were probably tracked on it than mixed it. You aren't getting the benefit of the pre's and eq's which IMHO is where most of the neve's mojo is. I think the reason to do the SC board is b/c there is movie about it so Slate would have a ready made hype machine. Who knows though, maybe it would sound totally different than the original Neve Slate modeled. There's no accounting for the effect of 40 years of wear, replacement parts and cocaine.

A lot more of your favorite records were probably tracked on it than mixed it. You aren't getting the benefit of the pre's and eq's which IMHO is where most of the neve's mojo is. I think the reason to do the SC board is b/c there is movie about it so Slate would have a ready made hype machine. Who knows though, maybe it would sound totally different than the original Neve Slate modeled. There's no accounting for the effect of 40 years of wear, replacement parts and cocaine.

What movie is that?

The thing about the pre`s and eq may have some truth to it, and still VCC exists and is used daily by thousands i imagine.

Maybe when we buy the plugin we can get a baggy sent via mail? :D

What movie is that?

The thing about the pre`s and eq may have some truth to it, and still VCC exists and is used daily by thousands i imagine.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sound-City/dp/B00B4Z5J92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376351225&sr=8-1&keywords=SOund+city"]The Sound City movie[/ame] Dave Grohl made. My point wasn't that VCC is useless-- I actually don't think I suggested that in any way. My point was that many of those classics were mixed elsewhere. So if you love the way "Nevermind" sounds for example, you're hearing Sound City tracking but mixed on a G+. If you like RATM, that record was mixed on an E. You get the idea. Maybe some of you guys are stacking multiple instances of VCC though (no reason you shouldn't if it sounds good). Still, I think the SC bus coloration probably sounds pretty similar to the neve slate already modeled.

Mikaël-ange;10681408 said:
You want the 9000J/XL sound?
Bypass VCC and mix straight to your daw and you will be close... And I'm serious.

Once again, you want the J/K saturation? Clip your daw until it sound bad>done.

Let's me put a list of console you don't want to have in VCC:

SSL 9000J/XL/AWS/Duality
Neve 88R
Amek 9098I
Focusrite Forté
Euphonix CS3000

What could be interesting is to have quad 8, Hellios, EMI console instead.

Can I add neve vr to that list?