Slipknot

Parabolic

Schism
Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
I think Slipknot are an amazing band. Somehow, I get the feeling that if they weren't commercially successful then you'd all be kissing their ass...don't spout the "sellout" bull, surely it's the music that matters, not how successful the band is?

Come on, who else likes them?

You assume that people would like them if they wernt successful? How come then no one likes the other 1000 bands that sound like slip knot but have not broke into the mainstream.

Now i am sure each one of us likes quite a few bands that are successful.. i like Pink Floyd, AC DC, Iron Madien alot. And i know alot of metal heads who love these bands. So your argument is stupid.

People dont like Slip knot because of the music, not because they are successful.

How many times will this tired argument be brought to light? It's been established Slipknot blows elephant sized cock. Let it go.

What exactly is so great about them?

Their boring, unoriginal, simple music?
Maybe their whiny, emotionally insincere and vacous lyrics?
Their overblown, and absolutely-fucking-retarded image?

Parabolic said:
I think Slipknot are an amazing band. Somehow, I get the feeling that if they weren't commercially successful then you'd all be kissing their ass...don't spout the "sellout" bull, surely it's the music that matters, not how successful the band is?

I like their gimmick, suits & clown paint...
Wait that has been done before...
I think they are called KISS...
Really, I like the image, music is
as the brothas say "whack.":p

Please, if they weren't as successful, we'd all still hate them because they're still just nu-metal. Rebellion wrapped into a little package. They also lack musical talent.

I don't like Slipknot all that much, but I don't hate them, as many metalheads do. Some of their songs are pretty good, especially when hearing them for the first time. But too many of their songs sound the same, utilizing similar two power chord riffs. I find them kind of boring and repititive, in the same way that I find Messugha's Chaosphere boring and repetitive; most of the songs sound pretty much the same.

Parabolic said:

I hated Slipknot because I thought they were nu-metal shit, and to an extent the album "Slipknot" IS. But "Iowa" is a fucking masterpiece - there's no way it's nu-metal, songs like "Heretic Anthem" and "Gently" are classic slabs of pure metal.
Honestly, if anyone here hasn't gave "Iowa" a fair chance, you really should, it's a great record.
I think a lot of people just bash Slipknot because 4 year old children wear their shirts and they have this commercial image. But the music on "Iowa" deserves a listen, and if Slipknot bring more youngsters into the metal fold, I'm all for them. We all had to start somewher (Bon Jovi and G N' R in my case).

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I hated Slipknot because I thought they were nu-metal shit, and to an extent the album "Slipknot" IS. But "Iowa" is a fucking masterpiece - there's no way it's nu-metal, songs like "Heretic Anthem" and "Gently" are classic slabs of pure metal.
Honestly, if anyone here hasn't gave "Iowa" a fair chance, you really should, it's a great record.
I think a lot of people just bash Slipknot because 4 year old children wear their shirts and they have this commercial image. But the music on "Iowa" deserves a listen, and if Slipknot bring more youngsters into the metal fold, I'm all for them. We all had to start somewher (Bon Jovi and G N' R in my case).
I actually gave "Iowa" many chances and I still think it's garbage. The choruses are fucking annoying and the music just repeats and repeats the same stupid sounding notes till I fell like tearing it apart, The first one was actually better but it still sucks, and yes they do give image a more important part. This band will never compare to so many great bands on mainstream or not! these are good bands and shitfull bands everywhere.

None_So_Vile said:
I hate all the fucking lame satanic gimmicks and they say they're not about image yet they'd be nowhere without their masks and boiler suits, fucking pricks
yes!They are nothing, they are just trying to be bad, and their costume appeals their fans, which are mostly also moronic. And I dislike all the members especially the vocalist which thinks he's so great and he's done so much, he is a piece of shit who has probably never heard anything good.