Slipknot

You know, I feel the people that enjoy nu metal, will eventually start listening to rap when all thier pathetic "bands" sell out and thier is nothing but good actual metal left.

i knew a bunch of nu metal fans that enjoyed slipknot and all that garbage and all they listen to now is rap and disturbed. they aren't true fans of the heavier side of music and I feel they never were, they just kind of got on the band wagon. So when I introduced Gorerotted, Kataklysm, Aborted etc. they just tell me how crappy it is because they were never actually fans. That may not apply to everyone but for the majority I bet it's true.

The majority of real slipknot fans that can listen to both the heavier side, and slipknot usually go to black metal and death metal and all sorts when Slipknot gets tiresome, i dont mean bandwagon fans at all.

I'll probably get flamed for this. I was one of Slipknot's earlier fans. I still don't think they're all that bad. Their songs do get repetitive, but I still fucking love the song Purity which was taken off their Self Titled album. But Slipknot was one of the bands that introduced me to the more extreme side of metal. I started listening to Inflames, and the first album I bought from them was Whoracle and I fucking loved it. Then I got to Children of Bodom, then into death and black metal. Soon I strayed away from Slipknot. And now I listen to mainly underground metal along with other bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, etc. I solely thank some Slipknot fans for introducing me to the heavier side of metal, they're not all little faggoty kids you know.

Slipknot is repetetive, but when it works, it works well. It`s energetic and aggressive music, and it gets kids into extreme metal (I`m not saying Slipknot is), which can hardly be considered a bad side-effect. Just a month ago, I met a 15 year old girl into Nile and Behemoth. Slipknot had been her gateway-band.

vic was 'ere said:
...and don't forget Mudvayne (for the mask thing)
Mudvayne basically dropped their image though. Even with the image(s) that they had going, they're a lot better than Slipknot, both musically and visually. At least they mixed things up with the visuals. Still, many props to them for ditching the masks and makeup and going with the music.

Reactions: nergal_S
Slipknot - lets wear masks because everyone will think it is cool, plus kids are stupid.

Mudvayne - lets stop wearing our masks/facepaint because slipknot already has that rap and we are "individuals" and everyone will think it is cool, plus kids are stupid

mr.bungle = crap
Slayer = were always about the music
emperor has changed anyways and corpse paint is a part of what the music represents
kids = stupid
Plus all those bands have been around longer than nu metal and they have already set thier place in the "individualistic" world