snobs ?

In Person or on the board?
In person I try not to be to bad and as long as they respect what I listen to I will respect what they listen to ....
as for right here on the board weill its UMOS so they better look the fuck out :D

Militia said:
*Listens to rap*

Sorry, what?

YA know why I dont listen to rap and this isnt Racist ... its Because I AM WHITE and DONT LIVE IN A GHETTO that kind of music was not written for White trash like me and I also cant condone a form of music that will steal samples from other songs to make new ones ... As Metal church put it "I cant believe my ears, the Music of these days, the Human factor has diminished in oh so many ways" I will never teel you that you shouldnt listen to rap I just personally think its the worst shit ever made garbage even and that I would rather listen to country anyday of the week

JonnyD said:
In Person or on the board?
In person I try not to be to bad and as long as they respect what I listen to I will respect what they listen to ....
as for right here on the board weill its UMOS so they better look the fuck out :D

Great response JD. I was walking through Spencer's in the mall when all of a sudden Savatage came on over the in store system. I was talking out loud and said "I can't believe they are playing Savatage here" to Harumi, when a young black guy with big loose pants and relaxed longish hair replied "I put that on. That's my favorite band." I looked like Wiley Coyote with his mouth hanging on the ground.
I bitch and raise hell about nu-metal just like everyone else, but IT IS a starting point for some people. It is easier to recruit those from that genre than from some others.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Great response JD. I was walking through Spencer's in the mall when all of a sudden Savatage came on over the in store system. I was talking out loud and said "I can't believe they are playing Savatage here" to Harumi, when a young black guy with big loose pants and relaxed longish hair replied "I put that on. That's my favorite band." I looked like Wiley Coyote with his mouth hanging on the ground.
I bitch and raise hell about nu-metal just like everyone else, but IT IS a starting point for some people. It is easier to recruit those from that genre than from some others.

Bryant
Thats a great story dude! I had an oldfriend who was black and loved metal! ... but you are totally right about Nu-Metal its just like Glam Metal way back when ... its Entry level stuff everybody has to start somewhere

Heh, there's this black guy who lives in my area called "Dude Man". and he's a HUGE Van Halen fan! He plays guitar also, jams out a bunch of Eddie licks all the time. Just thought I'd share that! LOL :tickled:

JonnyD said:
... its Entry level stuff everybody has to start somewhere

I know when I was growing up in the sticks in the days before the internet, I only knew about the commercial shit that's on the radio. Little did I know that 99% of the good music out there never hits the airwaves.

So my stance is that all of those kids in the mall listening to Korn or Nickleback or System of a Down or whatever the flavor of the month is just don't know any better. So maybe it's just being "educated" and not a "snob". Of course I probably come off like a snob saying shit like this, so I guess I can't win :)

Just for the record Rocky George and Greg Fulton are black. And I know lots of white kids into rap. So skin color is not a rule when it comes to music IMO.

Wyvern said:
Just for the record Rocky George and Greg Fulton are black. And I know lots of white kids into rap. So skin color is not a rule when it comes to music IMO.

Naw its not really What I meant with my remarks didnt come out right .... and for the record Rocky George is one of the more Underated guitarists of all time! Man he was good!

HMMMMM...I started with rap, I lived in a black hood and all of my friends were black, my dad got me into Donna summer and Elvis and I later discovered ZZ-Top, Queen, and Scorpions.
Then started looking for heavier stuff. Nu-metal doesn't really move me when I listen to it, and in person I don't give nu-metal kids a lot of respect. But I do like the first and last System of a Down albums, The singer makes me laugh.HAR!!!

If you've noticed I try to let the rest of know when some modern bands catch my eye... There's a lot of pursists that slam people any chance they get, on the boards.
I will bet my left nut that, they are spineless bitches & don't do it to their faces, in person.

madcheese9377 said:
and all of my friends were black, my dad got me into Donna summer

Brrrr! That reminds me of my childhood, gosh I hated disco and still do :yuk:

I would never condemn anyone for listening to what they like. Don't we all get that enough listening to what we do? Especially some of us older people. :D Besides I like some of the stuff myself. It's all personal taste and you can't change it.

sixxswine said:
If you've noticed I try to let the rest of know when some modern bands catch my eye... There's a lot of pursists that slam people any chance they get, on the boards.
I will bet my left nut that, they are spineless bitches & don't do it to their faces, in person.
Well I told the guys from Breaking Benjamin that their music sucks while
I was at the Alley Cat Lounge does that count? :loco:

I was never into mallcore. EVER. I went from rap, to an experimental phase, trying out a whole bunch of genres and mallcore was never one of them, it NEVER appealed to me. Then i got into metal,classic rock, then old school punk. I used to hate punk overall, but now i love the old school stuff.

As for mallcore fans. Naw, i don't act snobbish. When they tell me their favorite bands, i just go "hmmmm. Hey, listen to these guys." That's it. When they list mallcore or even metalcore bands, i see that as an open door to give them the real stuff. Overkill works GREAT for recruiting newbies, by the way.