snobs ?

I used to look down on those who liked numetal until I grew up and realized that it didn't mean shit. Music's just music, and some people just have bad taste.

I'm surprised anyone's said anything remotely positive on this subject, as far as I knew you were all snobs on here. Hell, JD admits it :p and the general vibe is completely holier-than-thou.

Taliesin Stormheller said:
Music's just music, and some people just have bad taste.
See what I mean? Anything you don't listen to is automatically 'bad taste'. As if any of you would actually go up to a bunch of kids with Marilyn Manson hoodies and tell them their music sucks. What's the point? I don't see why you can't accept that everyone has their own tastes and it doesn't necessarily make it 'bad'.

Each-to-their-own.

Trovanasy said:
One good thing is the kids are atleast listning to electic guitars again
I agree. Thankyou for being a bit more open-minded.

And SavaRon, I totally agree with you. Why can't everyone else see it like this?

Militia said:
I'm surprised anyone's said anything remotely positive on this subject, as far as I knew you were all snobs on here. Hell, JD admits it :p and the general vibe is completely holier-than-thou.

There is a Reason why we are the way we are .... it would prolly take me forever to try and explain it in dept but I will say that we Treat outsiders the way we do because its our way of screening the Flaming Trolls that lurk all over thos Entire message board ... you are misjudging us ... once you get to know us and we get to know you things will be a 1,000 times better ... but you are mistaking our efforts to protect our little spot here as Holier than thou that is simply not it this is a tight knit group and we really arent snobs or whatever ... is this making any sense at all?

Militia said:

I don't know. The short time I've been here I've noticed several "to each their own" comments. I think it's pretty much like any other metal board. Metalheads are pretty passionate about what they listen to and with that comes a fairly strong opinion one way or another. If someone doesn't like what I like then I don't take it personally. We're all wired just a bit differently. If I get enjoyment out of a band/song/album then I don't need a stamp of approval from someone else to continue to enjoy it. It's nice when it happens but it's not a requirement.

Wheezer said:
If someone doesn't like what I like then I don't take it personally. We're all wired just a bit differently. If I get enjoyment out of a band/song/album then I don't need a stamp of approval from someone else to continue to enjoy it.

Well you nailed good ;) . That's the spirit we try to keep at UMOS.

JonnyD said:
its our way of screening the Flaming Trolls ... but you are mistaking our efforts to protect our little spot here as Holier than thou that is simply not it this is a tight knit group and we really arent snobs or whatever ... is this making any sense at all?

Again JD is reinforcing the concept for all to be clear :headbang:

JonnyD said:
I mean hell if ya want Eletist snobby Venom spewing Trolls go check out the Billy Milano board or the General Music board ... atleast we dont have a MOD the Censors shit

That supports wheezer notion about most forums. We deal a whole different deck here, we are protecting an oasis of ideas in a desert of thought. If that make us snobs...WELCOME! :cool:

Militia said:

See what I mean? Anything you don't listen to is automatically 'bad taste'. As if any of you would actually go up to a bunch of kids with Marilyn Manson hoodies and tell them their music sucks. What's the point? I don't see why you can't accept that everyone has their own tastes and it doesn't necessarily make it 'bad'.

Each-to-their-own.

I agree. Thankyou for being a bit more open-minded.

And SavaRon, I totally agree with you. Why can't everyone else see it like this?

Fuckin' A I agree with the Militia Man 100%, there's a fisrt time for everything & this is it! Right on Militia!
6 \m/

JonnyD said:
yep and its pretty easy to tell that just from the posting style ... very much like my X .... :lol:

You can really tell if a poster if female or male form the writing style? o_O

Just curious because I can never tell unless the poster reveals its gender.

Wyvern said:
You can really tell if a poster if female or male form the writing style? o_O

Just curious because I can never tell unless the poster reveals its gender.

Sometimes you can but in Militia's case I looked at the thing that said view this users web site ..... but sometimes you can chicks tend to be a bit more articurlate(sp!!!)