So... tell me what band would you like to see?

Greeno said:
I bet Hawk was at that Knebworth show! :D

I saw Metallica open for Ozzy on their Puppets tour. They smoked the old man!!
Y'know, after him saying he saw the Sex Pistols in '77, it really wouldn't suprise me. And if he did.......I'D HATE HIM FOR LIFE!!!!!!...nah...I can't hate the man, i respect him too much, but i can be jealous as a motherfucker! :D

ok...so, YOU saw Metallica at the puppets tour, WITH CLIFF, the band in their prime, as they blew the bumbling old bastard off the stage!? GAH!!!! WHY DIDN'T MY MOM GIVE BIRTH TO ME EARLIER!!!!!!????? But oooh no, she just HAD to have me in 1985..i wish i was my CURRENT age in 1985!!!

Wicked Child said:
Y'know, after him saying he saw the Sex Pistols in '77, it really wouldn't suprise me. And if he did.......I'D HATE HIM FOR LIFE!!!!!!...nah...I can't hate the man, i respect him too much, but i can be jealous as a motherfucker! :D

ok...so, YOU saw Metallica at the puppets tour, WITH CLIFF, the band in their prime, as they blew the bumbling old bastard off the stage!? GAH!!!! WHY DIDN'T MY MOM GIVE BIRTH TO ME EARLIER!!!!!!????? But oooh no, she just HAD to have me in 1985..i wish i was my CURRENT age in 1985!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

You are to much man!! No I was not at Knebworth. But I wanted to go for sure!! As for Metallica...

Seen them during their "Ride the lightning" tour at the Paradiso in Amsterdam and during their M.o.P. tour during the Aardschok day in Zwolle. That was an indoor festival with Celtic Frost, Laaz Rockit, [Seen them many times, we at the Dynamo called them our house band], Crimson Glory, Metal Church [just after The "Dark" album], and Metallica. Metal Church made the day. One of the best gig's I ever saw!! :headbang:

I have seen Metallica one more time at the Dynamo Open Air festival but I was not impressed. This was after their Load/re-load crap/shit/turd period. Fuck them!

1.Judas Priest with Halford, seen them with the Ripper, still one of my favorite shows.
2.Iron Maiden!!!! I hate myself I've never seen Maiden.
3. Vintersorg and children of bodom. But I will finnally see Bodom on April 21

One of the best shows that I seen......hmmmm.I've seen alot of good shows. But I 'am going with Testament because I just seen them for my 1st time they fuckin rocked. Steve was on bass. God, he is so good it hurts.
But really all those shows in Europe it makes me want to puke, all the bands I miss. But that's a perk of what I'am going to school for, Travel Agent.

Sinner Rider

I really like your name. You must be a priest fan, like me :headbang:

Sinner rider rides in for the storm,
The devil rides besides him.
The Devil is his God, God help you Mourn.

Do you hear it, Do you hear the thunder
Deafen every living thing about

Can you, can you see it, can you see the
mountains darken yonder, Black sun rising
Time is running out!

Sacrifice to vice or DIE by the hand of the
SINNER! SINNER ! SINNER ! SINNER! :headbang::headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hawk said:
Sinner Rider

I really like your name. You must be a priest fan, like me :headbang:
And me. :D And by the way, Hawk......

Hawk said:
Seen them during their "Ride the lightning" tour at the Paradiso in Amsterdam and during their M.o.P. tour during the Aardschok day in Zwolle. That was an indoor festival with Celtic Frost, Laaz Rockit, [Seen them many times, we at the Dynamo called them our house band], Crimson Glory, Metal Church [just after The "Dark" album], and Metallica. Metal Church made the day. One of the best gig's I ever saw!!
headbob.gif
I HATE YOU! :loco:

Hawk said:
:lol::lol::lol:

Laaz Rockit, [Seen them many times, we at the Dynamo called them our house band],

I have seen Metallica one more time at the Dynamo Open Air festival but I was not impressed. This was after their Load/re-load crap/shit/turd period. Fuck them!

That's cool! I would have liked to have seen Laaz back in the day!

I got to see Metallica 3 times total. The Ozzy show and then twice on the And justice tour. Saw them on the "Monsters Of Rock" traveling tour in 1988, remember that? It was them along with Dokken, Van Halen, Scorps, and Kingdom Come. Never cared to see them in the 90's.

Wicked Child said:
..i wish i was my CURRENT age in 1985!!!

No you don't! Then you would be an old fart like me..... or an OLDER fart like Hawk. :D

Don't worry, in 10 or 15 years you'll be telling some kids about the bands you're seeing today and they will wish they were here now.

Band I'd most like to see who I've never seen live: MOTORHEAD

Who I've been missing : VAN HALEN

Most special concert: A tie - KISS on this recent tour w/ Aerosmith because my wife got me a 4th row seat. But I guess I have to say METALLICA on the LOAD tour...here's why....my buddy and I went to see them with no tix...just figured we'd buy from a scalper in the parking lot...well...we went to the box office like half an hour before the show and asked for two of the best tix they had left. WE GOT FRONT ROW!!! Literally a couple feet from each band member. They had the stage right in the center of the arena and each band member played at the spot right in front of us from time to time. My buddy threw his can of Copenhagen on stage and James picked it up saying, "yeah...time to get fucked up on some copenhagen". That ruled....

Greeno said:
No you don't! Then you would be an old fart like me..... or an OLDER fart like Hawk. :D

Don't worry, in 10 or 15 years you'll be telling some kids about the bands you're seeing today and they will wish they were here now.
No, they'd probably be saying, "Helloween? Who's Helloween? Haven't you seen like Linkin Park or something? Y'know, they're being inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall Of Fame next week." And that's when I whip out the belt.

Greeno said:
:lol::lol:

Man! I am such an old fart my shit does not even smell bad anymore :loco:

Wicked Child said:
No, they'd probably be saying, "Helloween? Who's Helloween? Haven't you seen like Linkin Park or something? Y'know, they're being inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall Of Fame next week." And that's when I whip out the belt.
Wicked Child

I honestly believe that metal will survive the NU-Metal onslaught with grace. Even now Nu-Metal is going down fast. It's not as populair as it was even a year ago. Maybe I am speaking from a purely Euro perspective but from were I sit it looks like this to me [LOL am I making sense here???].

What I really want to say though is that there will *alway's* be a place for our kind of metal [notice how I gracefully evade the term "true" or "real" metal here :lol:].

During the late 70s the situation was infinitly worse. After the '77 punk explosion hard rock/metal was just not done. If I could find 2 new good hard-rock/metal album's in a month I was excited because that rarely happend. Just when I though hard-rock/metal was dome for the NWOBHM exploded!

How bad was the situation after that disgusting grunge thingie? Things will get better just wait and see. And believe me, Nu-"metal" is on the way OUT! Within 5 or 6 years people will say Nu-metal? WTF was that again?? :headbang:

Hawk said:
1) Any period, any band. Max 3 bands

2) What bands have you been missing, you would have liked to go to that gig
but were unable to.

3) What was your favorite special concert?
What made it so special?
1. METALLICA during "Ride The Lightning" tour, MANILLA ROAD during "Crystal Logic" and FATES WARNING anytime between the first album and "Awaken The Guardian".

2. I don´t know if it matters if the bands are still around or not but I´d like to see / to have seen: ABSU, LAAZ ROCKIT, CYNIC, MANILLA ROAD, VARATHRON, ANCIENT RITES, PESTILENCE, ABATTOIR, QUICK CHANGE, D.A.M., DARK ANGEL, HELSTAR and the list could go on and on.

3. Picking one favourite concert is very difficult as there have been many that mean a lot to me. Seeing SKYCLAD in Holland on June 9th 2001 was really special since they are my favourite band ever. Seeing METALLICA several times was always a really good experience since I was a huge fan of them up until "Load" came out.

AngelWitch73 said:
1. METALLICA during "Ride The Lightning" tour, MANILLA ROAD during "Crystal Logic" and FATES WARNING anytime between the first album and "Awaken The Guardian".
:hotjump: John Arch rules!!:hotjump:

Perfect old school list AngelWitch, but then what else can I expect from you? :headbang:

Hawk said:
1)
Children of Bodom. I neeeeeeed to see them live!!!!

hawk,i know its a long way to travel,but we're playing the bloodstock festival in derby this september,on the main stage the same day as children of bodum.if you get your ass over to the uk for it i'll sort out some backstage so you can meet them and have a chat-they'll probably appreciate someone else there speaking their native tongue! :D

while i'm here:

1)soundgarden,around the bad motor finger tour.metallica,at one of the secret gigs they always did in london before a big show,usually the marquee or somewhere like that.life of agony on thier first album tour.only got to see them touring ugly,and didnt like that album as much.

2)was on the guest list for fear factory a few years back and didnt turn up-subsequently really got into the band and was kicking myself hard for weeks after!

3)onslaught and annihilator,the astoria in 89.annihilator had just released alice in hell,and imo at the time there was nothing better.they ripped live,jeff waters was a guitar god and he smashed his flying v up onstage at the end.for some reason that gig sticks in my mind more than others

baldyboy said:
cool thread btw

shit i've just realised you come from the netherlands,not finland.forget my stupidness in the previous post
Never mind dude :lol: Those continental european countries are all the same! ;)

That offer of yours sure looks apealing. I'll get back to you on that. Gotta find some info about that bill. It's been to long since I've been in the UK.

I like it there. :headbang:

well its a genuine offer hawk.if you can make it,i'll sort you out.should be a great gig,two days of classic metal bands.i think on our stage that day are children of bodum,primal fear,sonata artica,evergrey,us and another british band called intense.the official bloodstock forum is here on the ultimate metal site.go below the official band forums and you will find it.