So... tell me what band would you like to see?

Hawk said:
1) Any period, any band. Max 3 bands

2) What bands have you been missing, you would have liked to go to that gig
but were unable to.

3) What was your favorite special concert?
What made it so special?

1. Blind Guardian, Metallica, Iron Maiden

2. Amon Amorth w/Behemoth: I was unable to go cuz I was going out of town around that time and had to sell my tickets. I would've loved to see Metallica live back in the '80s but I was born the same year they released their first record so it was impossible.

3. Blind Guardian was great to see live cuz it was my first time seeing an underground band live and they did a great job. Metallica, as well, cuz they're the ones who got me into metal and just seeing them play live was a dream come true.

Hawk said:
:lol::lol:

Wicked Child

I honestly believe that metal will survive the NU-Metal onslaught with grace. Even now Nu-Metal is going down fast. It's not as populair as it was even a year ago. Maybe I am speaking from a purely Euro perspective but from were I sit it looks like this to me [LOL am I making sense here???].

What I really want to say though is that there will *alway's* be a place for our kind of metal [notice how I gracefully evade the term "true" or "real" metal here :lol:].

During the late 70s the situation was infinitly worse. After the '77 punk explosion hard rock/metal was just not done. If I could find 2 new good hard-rock/metal album's in a month I was excited because that rarely happend. Just when I though hard-rock/metal was dome for the NWOBHM exploded!

How bad was the situation after that disgusting grunge thingie? Things will get better just wait and see. And believe me, Nu-"metal" is on the way OUT! Within 5 or 6 years people will say Nu-metal? WTF was that again?? :headbang:
I',m sure at least one or two mallcore bands will survive the fallout, not sure which ones though. But yeh,our metal will never die. When metal became passe in the early 90's, did it die? no! It just went underground, right where it started, to go through the motions all over again. And it's beginning to rear it's head again. Slowly but surely. And you're right, mallcore is on it's last legs.