Catharsis70

Apr 28, 2005
From the website....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:34 AM
To: Brentology
Subject: Touring Blogaria & Blogistan

<snippity snip snip>

"We're not just going to make a record because we got back together. The material would have to be amazing and inspiring enough for us to want to do it. It wouldn't be Among The Living 2. It wouldn't be the follow up to WCFYA (that will be made), it would be its own thing. This lineup now. What that is I have no idea. "

So they are going to write new material, GREAT!

"Croatian pimps need to watch some rap videos for lessons in bling."

Here´s "Repimp me!" :hotjump:

mullet%20wig.jpg

To:
pimp%20hat.jpg

ThraxEm said:
"We're not just going to make a record because we got back together. The material would have to be amazing and inspiring enough for us to want to do it. It wouldn't be Among The Living 2. It wouldn't be the follow up to WCFYA (that will be made), it would be its own thing. This lineup now. What that is I have no idea. "

Scott wrote it that way because he and Charlie highly realise that if they make a new record with the current line-up, there won't be no way back for John and Rob to return... In my eyes, the band is hurling into the dead end.

Well actually if you take a look at what´s in brackets, Scott suggests that follow-up to WCFYA will be made-probably after the reunion thing. As much as I don´t believe it, I still could discuss it and it just doesn´t make any sense to me. Even if there´s new Anthrax album in the old lineup (which is going to be, unless they kill each other in the studio), it´s going to be out in two years or more. Then you have tour...and then what? Even if they eventually get John Bush to sing with them again, which is VERY unlikely now, would any follow-up to WCFYA make sense in 2015? By the time, everyone reckons Anthrax as the 80´s reunited band, so why confuse the fans even more? And who will care? I mean, after the reunion album, which sells as much as WCFYA, or less, there is no way out, either make this reunion a permanent thing, or hang it up. I won´t like the either way, but that´s life. Having two Anthraxes and shift the members every second year would just be fucking silly.

join the dots,after there long touring cycle they will have a break and record a brand new record with reunion lineup and go from there,whatever happens after that so be it!

If you chase two hares, you'll catch neither. Anyone who's followed Anthrax will know that it's hard enough to keep a band's head above water, even when you concentrate all your energies on it. Spreading your energies across two line-ups...? At BEST, progress on each front will be half as fast as usual. And progress has never been fast in this camp.

If they make an album with the reunion line up, they will most likely tour behind it. I have no problem with that. When all that touring is done, then they will work on the follow up to WCFYA with Bush. This might just be a one off reunion, and who knows if they record an album with Joey. Everything still seems up in the air at the moment for the band. Lets not get ahead of ourselves

I think it all depends on the sales figures........

If they were to record with Joey and the album outsells WCFYA by 2:1 they will never go back to the Bush line up...if it sells less they might, but like I said before if John has any guts he won't go into it again!

It's not Joey or John it's the band that keeps messing with both of em...I think they should make a choice what to do, if they keep Joey, then they should keep him no matter what.....

I find it funny how diehard Joey fans cling to "album sales" as if that's the answer to everything.

It's not like they were setting the world on fire back in the day when metal was at the forefront of the music industry.

walking dead 666 said:
Wasn't SOWN, thier best selling album?

I guess it was but IMO the main reason for that was the massive support of Elektra, their record company at the time. I think it fell as fast as it rose.

It's just more verbal diahorea, what he means is: "It all depends on whether or not Joey hits the money notes, if he doesn't I'm jumping straight back on the Bush bandwagon."