..so you went to AA show, great, so how was it?

Alright, here it goes. I picked up my buddies as per usual when I go see a metal show. We made the pit stops along the way. Headed down to Deep Ellum in Dallas where the venue, Trees was located. Got there early, met up with some friends who were already there so we chatted outside a bit. The doors opened and we swarmed inside to the merch table then to the pisser. After snagging some merch I promised myself I wouldn't buy because I am on a budject I bought a beer.

I proceeded up stairs to watch Goatwhore who were about to go on a 8. The guys from AA were all sitting around a table drinking and talking. I walked up, talked with them for a bit, had them sign my shit, gave them a cheers and went back to watchning Goatwhore crush. A few of the GW tunes were "heaven inferno", "nocturnal holocaust", Desolate path to Apocolyptic ruin" and Graveyards and dead angesls", plus more that I can't remember now. I headed downstairs so I could be front and center for the band I had came to see, AA. They come out with a storming "death and fire" which got the necks thrashing and the pit moving. After some crowd praise, Johan and the crew went into another song that I can't recall anymore, but it was a fast one, haha, yea I know that helps! Anyway after that they played "for the stabwounds in our backs", then "masters of war", and they closed with "versus the world". I don't remember if they played another song, but I think so. I think the song I'm leaving out is "bleed for ancient gods" but I can't recall, killer sound and set...

as for the the rest of the night, Vader came out next and killed as well. Exceptional, just like the other times I've seen them, they had a huge pit as well. Kreator were great and Nile were as well, awsome show all around. I"m not just saying this cause this is the AA message board, but Amon Amarth were the best band of the night. Even my buddy who isn't a big fan of that style went out and bought "versus the world" after seeing them, haha. Awsome night, good beers and great sound, and much metal wrath.

Belgar said:
Dind't you guys know that the name AA gets Tomasz right where he needs to be ...........
Well, lets see. Although I didn't go to the show yet I will start with my time line now.

1. Planing a trip to Chicago with Belgar to see the show.

2. Belgar bailing out on me (as usual, second time) so now it's just me.

3. I'm still going and will continue with this time line.

"Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up..."

"Yeah, well, you know, that's your opinion, man..."

Tomasz said:
Well, lets see. Although I didn't go to the show yet I will start with my time line now.

Cool man, I'll be at that show too. NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!

Tomasz said:

Listen you polish nimrod, you can come by my work and explain to them that it is normal for a guy who just started working there to already ask for a day off.
Not my fault if you don't like yr job and work with a bunch of inbreds, just be carefull because it could be contagious. As far as I know AA is not gonna pay my bills or help me find a job ...... but I will be marking out to them at the Tampa show. So don't bust me up with yr old polish rethorics.

GuitarShredder said:
Cool man, I'll be at that show too. NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!
Does anyone know the club where the show in Chicago will take place? Is it close from downtown and can I get there via public transportation? Also, any motels close by (walking distance) as I don't think I'll be able to drive?

"Man, c'mon, I had a rough night and I hate the fucking Eagles..."

Tomasz said:
Does anyone know the club where the show in Chicago will take place? Is it close from downtown and can I get there via public transportation? Also, any motels close by (walking distance) as I don't think I'll be able to drive?
It will be at the Vic Theater http://www.victheatre.com/

There are hotels in walking distance.

If you want to take public transportation take the L train to Belmont. The Vic is EXTREMELY close to the Belmont stop.

GuitarShredder said:
It will be at the Vic Theater http://www.victheatre.com/

There are hotels in walking distance.

If you want to take public transportation take the L train to Belmont. The Vic is EXTREMELY close to the Belmont stop.

Thanks for your help. Do you know if I can get there from Midway Airport via train/bus?

"This guy fucking walks. I've never been more certain of anything in my life."

anybody going to the philly show, trocadero?

Tomasz said:
Thanks for your help. Do you know if I can get there from Midway Airport via train/bus?

"This guy fucking walks. I've never been more certain of anything in my life."
Hmmm. You could get there by train. Not sure by bus. Take the L.

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/rail/rail.html

Get on at Midway (orange line). Take it to Roosevelt/State. Get on the red line, and take it north to Belmont. It'll take a bit over an hour I'd say.

DeathBlade said:
If anyone is going to the show in chicago this weekend, want to try to meet up sometime during the show?
Yeah, sure. I have short brown hair. And I'll most likely will be wearing a "Figure Number Five" Soilwork shirt. I'll probably be up front, but not on the floor.