..so you went to AA show, great, so how was it?

asmallchild said:
AA at BB Kings. Oct. 21 2003

Well this was my first time seeing AA live, and all I can say is WOW. They put on an unbelievable show, not to take anything away from all the other bands there, but it seemed like everyone came for AA. Death in fire kicked it off, and the crowd went nuts. They also played For the stab wounds in our backs, Where the silent gods stand gaurd, masters of war, Vs. the world. And dammit from all the excitement, I'm missing a song or two that i cant remember :( . Someone help me out here.
All I have to say is, Amon Amarth should be headlining shows like these.

yep friggin awesome they were man. All bands put on a hell of show. Ur right Tomasz, Goatwhore is better live. Sure was kool meetin Fredrik and the guys (minus johan he was in the back doin somethin, i'm sure it involved beer :) ) Great show and can't wait for them to come back again. all bands were fuckin awesome.

asmallchild said:
AA at BB Kings. Oct. 21 2003

I'm missing a song or two that i cant remember :( . Someone help me out here.
All I have to say is, Amon Amarth should be headlining shows like these.
Last with Pagan Blood.

It was a great show, but AA had some sound problems. The lead guitar went out in the beginning of Masters, and the mic cable died during Vs the World. The sound at that place was really good, probably the best live sound I've heard anywhere. I saw Goatwhore for the second time, and I'm still not that impressed. If they got rid of their vocalist and had the guitarist do all the vox I think I'd like them a lot more.

@LaSTofTHeViKIngs : I was looking for you there, but it was so dark I couldn't see any blue hair.

Brainkisser said:
Last with Pagan Blood.

It was a great show, but AA had some sound problems. The lead guitar went out in the beginning of Masters, and the mic cable died during Vs the World. The sound at that place was really good, probably the best live sound I've heard anywhere. I saw Goatwhore for the second time, and I'm still not that impressed. If they got rid of their vocalist and had the guitarist do all the vox I think I'd like them a lot more.

@LaSTofTHeViKIngs : I was looking for you there, but it was so dark I couldn't see any blue hair.

@Brainkisser: My blue hair didn't even really show cause my hairs so fuckin dark blond so it's no wonder why u didn't see me but I was the only one with a Jagermeister Tour shirt on so if u remember seein a guy walkin around with that, that was me. I was lookin for u too askin a bunch of peeps of they were from the AA board but no luck. i thought u may have been this guy I saw in the train station but he had blond hair and a AA shirt but maybe not. Tell me what u were wearing dude. maybe I did see u, were u in the pit at all?

I was in the front area for AA, aside from that I was in the back near the main doorway. I was hanging out with a guy in an Arch Enemy shirt. I had on the AA shirt with the dragonship on the front, I was wearing that Thor's Hammer I posted about up through AA. I missed Vader for pizza and left before Nile though. I saw a lot of Slayer shirts, I don't remember seeing a Jager tour shirt though.

LaSTofTHeViKIngs said:
@Brainkisser: My blue hair didn't even really show cause my hairs so fuckin dark blond so it's no wonder why u didn't see me but I was the only one with a Jagermeister Tour shirt on so if u remember seein a guy walkin around with that, that was me. I was lookin for u too askin a bunch of peeps of they were from the AA board but no luck. i thought u may have been this guy I saw in the train station but he had blond hair and a AA shirt but maybe not. Tell me what u were wearing dude. maybe I did see u, were u in the pit at all?

Haha, the guy at the train station was me.

M. said:
anybody going to the philly show, trocadero?
Probably a bit late to reply since the show is tomorrow, but yeah, I'll be there. I'll probably be wearing my denim vest with a Sodom back patch and a Graveland shirt. Long redish/blonde hair. So, if you see me, say hi or something. I'm always up for meeting fellow UM'ers. :D

Too bad I didnt read this earlier. I could have gone with you and showed you the city, plus I could have given you a place to crash for the night :). There are afew more good record stores, but they are far away from downtown :).

Maybe next time we can work something out :).

Nick

asmallchild said:
Haha, the guy at the train station was me.

kool asmallchild i ws gonna say whats up but I was too damn tired to say much lol hey dude u heard that guy that was drunk on the train and sayin YANKEES MAN and BURN BABY BURN lol if u didn't he was hilarious. U might not have heard him cause i saw u guys go to a different car but that's kool though. Brainkisser i remember seein the guy with the Arch Enemy shirt didn't think one of the guys next to him was u but I was too lazy go over asked if anyone was from the board. I was sittin down in the leather chair with this one guy who was ther to see AA and Kreator. Kool guy too, a vintage guy that's been seein Kreator since before 1990.
Hope to see him again and next time i'll look for ya more Brainkisser. My Jager shirt was black with white letters, pretty small letters too so I don;t blame ya for not seein it. LOL too bad u missed Vader they were awesome. I love pollocks since I am one myself :p but they sure showed Slayers domininace in metal and in the pit because i swear i wasn't in it but when Vader played Rainning Blood HOLY SHIT! THAT FUCKIN PIT EXPLODED!!!!! ME AND THIS GUY WERE LOOKIN ON IN AWE WHILE WE STOOD ON THE LEATHER SEATS CAUSE PEOPLE WERE CRASHIN INTO THE SEATS IT GOT TO ROUGH!! BOTH OF USE WERE LIKE OMFG! lol his friend came back cause he was in it and he was out of breath. I'm pretty sure someone got really hurt in that one there. Anyone from here was in it speak up tell us about it. i would have gone in it but I was still tired from the Slayer 3 nights before. Anyway it was an amazing fuckin sight. lol

LaSTofTHeViKIngs said:
. but they sure showed Slayers domininace in metal and in the pit because i swear i wasn't in it but when Vader played Rainning Blood HOLY SHIT! THAT FUCKIN PIT EXPLODED!!!!!
yeah, actually i was a bit surprised... 1.: because the ppl went nuts for that song .. 2: why does Vader play cover songs? do they have any comment about that? i dont remember...
anyway, it was cool ;)

LaSTofTHeViKIngs said:
LOL too bad u missed Vader they were awesome. I love pollocks since I am one myself :p but they sure showed Slayers domininace in metal and in the pit because i swear i wasn't in it but when Vader played Rainning Blood HOLY SHIT! THAT FUCKIN PIT EXPLODED!!!!! ME AND THIS GUY WERE LOOKIN ON IN AWE WHILE WE STOOD ON THE LEATHER SEATS CAUSE PEOPLE WERE CRASHIN INTO THE SEATS IT GOT TO ROUGH!! BOTH OF USE WERE LIKE OMFG! lol his friend came back cause he was in it and he was out of breath. I'm pretty sure someone got really hurt in that one there. Anyone from here was in it speak up tell us about it.
I'm not sure which date you're talking about, but I was at BB Kings and the Pit went fucking insane for Raining Blood. I was right up front and center, people were slamming into me left and right. I don't think anyone got seriously hurt because even though the people were crazy they were pretty cool...one guy fell down but they made sure he got up and was ok before continueing with the madness.

Zakath said:
I'm not sure which date you're talking about, but I was at BB Kings and the Pit went fucking insane for Raining Blood. I was right up front and center, people were slamming into me left and right. I don't think anyone got seriously hurt because even though the people were crazy they were pretty cool...one guy fell down but they made sure he got up and was ok before continueing with the madness.
This goes to show how much people in the US care about Vader. Pretty pathetic if you ask me for a band that has been around for 12+ years to get a big mosh big when playing a Slayer cover songs. Nothing beats Vader's Silent Empire or The Crucified Ones. Reminds me of Monstrosity getting a big mosh pit in the US when paying 2 Slayer cover songs, the rest of the show was the usual standing up I am watching a movie kinda crowd.

I really can't wait to see them live!! I think their show in Belgium will be awesome. I think I might even go to Paris on the 8th of december. Metallica is on the 9th, so I could combine both shows.
The problems is getting the ticket for that Paris show...

Mocika said:
exact setlist from BB King, Oct 15.

Death In Fire
Last with paganblood
For the stabwounds....
Where silent gods...
Masters of war
Vs the world

was too short :cry:

yep defenitely too short and i also looked at how long 1000 years of Oppression is and it's only maybe 25 more secs then Vs the World so I really think they could have ended with that cause were not talkin more then a minute here. Alot of people got into Vs the World but I feel more would have liked 1000 years. Hell it's the one hell of a great song to head bang to. Hopefully next time they come around it'll be in their set.
What do u guys think or were u happy it was Versus the World and not 1000 years. I mean i got into Versus the World but I feel u can get into a 1000 years much better. tell u right now those \m/ would have been in the air like hell durin that song. lol it's our Viking Anthem lol.
Damn i forgot to ask the guys if they would ever consider doin Across The Rainbow Bridge live. that would sound kool.

LaSTofTHeViKIngs said:
yep defenitely too short and i also looked at how long 1000 years of Oppression is and it's only maybe 25 more secs then Vs the World so I really think they could have ended with that cause were not talkin more then a minute here. Alot of people got into Vs the World but I feel more would have liked 1000 years. Hell it's the one hell of a great song to head bang to. Hopefully next time they come around it'll be in their set.
What do u guys think or were u happy it was Versus the World and not 1000 years. I mean i got into Versus the World but I feel u can get into a 1000 years much better. tell u right now those \m/ would have been in the air like hell durin that song. lol it's our Viking Anthem lol.
Damn i forgot to ask the guys if they would ever consider doin Across The Rainbow Bridge live. that would sound kool.

I don't have a problem with Vs. the World however I would drop at all cost Where Silent Gods Stand Guard (5:46) as I feel IT being the weakest song of the set. Let's hope they alter their set a bit for the Tampa show where many AA forum-ers reside.

I saw them last Thursday at The Lab in St Paul, MN. Goatwhore opened, they were sadly unimpressive. Amon Amarth was up next. Despite some trouble with Johan's mic, they stole the show easily. I'm not sure on the set list because I was unfamiliar with Amon Amarth before this show. I think they played Death In Fire and I know they played Versus The World because that's when Johan's mic stopped working. Vader was next and they were the band I was most looking forward to seeing. Vader was very good, but their set was too short and they didn't display the energy that AA had. Kreator was on next and did a nice job of mixing their new songs with the old classics. Unfortunately it seemed not too many people new the old classics. I didn't hear many voices joining in singing the choruses when asked for it. Nile was the headliner of course. I like Nile, but prefer their slower, catchier songs, especially live. Too bad they didn't include more of them. I like to headbang and you just can't do that to alot of their stuff. Overall it was a good show, but nothing great. The main disappointment was the fact that the show started at 5:00 and was over by about 10:00. Too short for that many bands. Afterwards I helped support the best band there by buying an Amon Amarth shirt and the Versus The World cd.