..so you went to AA show, great, so how was it?

So the Seattle show was pretty good then? Their Los Angeles shows were awesome! The sound could not have been any better at the Keyclub, and they played a great setlist. "Masters of War, "Death in Fire", and "For The Stabwounds in our back" is all I can remember...I was pretty wasted.....

I was up front by all those photography people satnding up on the railing occasionally... 6'1... skinny... long light brown hair... screaming along with every song and gripping my mjolnir. I was with my buddy... 5'10 17 years old... goatee... and my brother... thicker than I, about 5'10 as well... mop-head...... I was wearing the amon amarth VS. longsleeve. My buddy was wearing an AA hoodie ridden with mjolnirs and my bro was wearing a Vehemence T shirt

burning creation said:
I was up front by all those photography people satnding up on the railing occasionally... 6'1... skinny... long light brown hair... screaming along with every song and gripping my mjolnir. I was with my buddy... 5'10 17 years old... goatee... and my brother... thicker than I, about 5'10 as well... mop-head...... I was wearing the amon amarth VS. longsleeve. My buddy was wearing an AA hoodie ridden with mjolnirs and my bro was wearing a Vehemence T shirt

..........and on that day although I wasn't at that show, I belive I was wearing no underwear

Tomasz said:
Well, lets see. Although I didn't go to the show yet I will start with my time line now.

1. Planing a trip to Chicago with Belgar to see the show.

2. Belgar bailing out on me (as usual, second time) and now pretending that he's having just as much fun by drinking by himself (at home) and talking about it on AA forum. Way to go.

3. I'm still going and will continue with this time line.

"Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up..."

"Yeah, well, you know, that's your opinion, man..."

4. Well, off to Chicago the Dude went.....

Tomasz, you are going to the Chicago show tonight? Not that you know who I am in the least, but I am going as well. This is my first time seeing AA live, and I seriously hope they close with Victorious March. it seems a little cliche, but hell, it's one of my favorite songs. other than that, I have a gut feeling that Amon Amarth is going to steal the show.

Just saw Amon Amarth on 10/12 with Vader, Kreator, Nile, Goatwhore

Killer show but for the low sound levels.
You could see Johan screaming into the mic and it just wasn't
loud enough!

Here's my review of the Chicago show:

I got to the Vic at about 6:30 expecting to see Goatwhore setting up. However, they started the concert early, and Goatwhore was done and Amon Amarth was about to go on. I’m not a huge Goatwhore fan, so I wasn’t very disappointed. Anyway, Amon Amarth opened up with “Death In Fire”, my favorite song of theirs, and played an excellent set. The sound was very balanced, and the lead guitar cut through very well. Excellent opening band, I really hope to see these guys more in the future.
Next up was Vader. There apparently some very hardcore Polish Vader fans in the crowd. Who started a Vader chant, and had a Vader flag and everything. I’m not a huge fan of Vader and things were getting kind of rowdy so I went and bought a Nile shirt and watched the rest of their set from the back. I noticed the sound was a lot better in the back. Towards the end I went back to the floor and caught their final song, a cover of “Raining Blood.” The pit went insane at this point. Awesome cover. Their set didn’t make me a Vader fan, but it was a decent set.
Next up was Kreator. Obviously Kreator was very good. However, there were a few minor flaws. The first was, Mille’s guitar was ridiculously low in the mix. All I could hear was the lead guitar. It wasn’t a problem except for the times when only Mille was playing. My second issue was the fact that their set and song introductions were almost exactly the same as on the DVD. They didn’t play any surprise songs, just the typical songs, with the same old introductions. Highlights were: Terrible Certainty, Tormentor, and Extreme Aggression. Kreator needs to play Coma of Souls!!!! Kreator certainly met the high expectations I had for them, but didn’t surpass them.
Speaking of surpassing expectations, Nile fucking ruled! I wasn’t really that big of a Nile fan before the show, I’m not the biggest death metal fan, but I thought they were an interesting band prior to the show, nothing more nothing less. Anyway, I headed up to the balcony because I really wanted to try and enjoy Nile without any idiots running into me. and the sound was much better up there. They opened up with Barra Edinazzu, my favorite Nile song (other than Unas), and their entire set completely amazing. It’s really cool how they have all three bassist and guitarists trading off on the growls. The mix was perfect, the bass wasn’t overpowering like it often is at concerts. Nile was simply on. Nile just might be my new favorite band. All those little interludes that seemed tedious when listening to the album were great live, and built anticipation.
This is an amazing tour. Best I’ve seen so far this year. Definitely check it out if you have the chance.

NILE:

Barra Edinazzu
Sarcophagus
The Blessed Dead
Unas Slayer of Gods
The Howling of the Jinn
Black Seeds of Vengeance

And one or two others

KREATOR:

The Patriarch
Violent Revolution
Reconquering the Throne
Extreme Aggression
People of the Lie
Phobia
Renewal
Betrayer
All of the Same Blood
Pleasure to Kill
Terrible Certainty
Flag of Hate/Tormentor

I might be missing a song.

AMON AMARTH

Death in Fire
The Last with Pagan Blood
For the Stabwounds in our Backs
Masters of War
Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
Versus the World

Here is how the trip went if anybody gives a damn.

1. Saturday plane departs @10:30 am and @9:00 am I'm still on-line copying the info you guys provided me with, thanks. Since I like to travel light and didin't really get ready for the voyage, I took with me nothing (no armour, only forearm leather braces). Sorry, I shoved a pair of extra socks into my jeans' packet so I wouldn't endanger my life and those around me the next day when taking my boots off while going through the airport securtiy. On top of that my smelly socks could be treated as a weapon and I could be detained by those fruity Chicago-nians.

2. The plane leaves late due to some sort of hydraulic pressure indicator light going off. It always makes me feel comfortable to hear such news right before the take off, I'm glad the pilot shared it with us. At noon local time the Dude arrives @ Midway Airport follows the signs and ends up in the elevated subway train. One hour later after one layover I get off the subway train.

3. I start walking towards the street corner and all of a sudden I see the Vic Club, my final destination. That was an easy find and right by the station, great location. No one of course around the club as it's only 1:00 pm however there were two huge tour buses. I come to find out that one was Nile's and the other Kreator's. All the other bands unfortunatelly had to travel in vans (not considered part of the tour I suppose, only supporting acts) and they have not arrived yet as they sleep in motels.

4. So I got to thinking "I got to kill 5 hours somehow", where to next? I call the dude @ the near by metal store (Chicago Metal Haven) to ask for the directions. He tells me to walk east, like I know which way east is (the sun was behind the building so.....;)). Then he tells me go towards the lake. That helped a lot too. Anywho, I find the place buy one CD and embark on search for motel. No vacancies, I'm told, perhaps due to my apperance. Well, time for plan B. B=no plan, I'm screwed I want my mama. I didn't let that get to my head (I figured I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, or something rather) and just took the subway train back to downtown to do some sight seeing. Chicago downtown looks pretty impressive with interesting urban architecture, clean streets and only few beggers. One, smelly one (worse than my socks next day) was talking to me while on the subway but me not being native of this country I did not understand his ebonic dialect. I just got up and changed the wagon as he kept on talking to me (I think) non-stop. If you're still reading this you got too much time on your hand. I tried to check out the view from the Sears Tower buy one hour waiting time made me do otherwise.

5. I'm back @ the Vic Club around 5:30 or so and by then all the bands have arrived. I say hello to Vader, talk to Amon Amarth and talk to some kids that think I am Amon Amarth. I get that a lot. When I first met Belgar at the AA show he was like "Mr. Mr. Amarth could I get your autogrpah on this here peace of paper I just picked of this street" ;) Anyhow, onto the show.

6. Goatwhore starts playing right at 6 pm in front all 30 of us (chicago has a huge metal following, just kidding). The show started way too early especially since the flyer said "doors @5:30 and show @7:00: me thinks. Somebody fucked up as usual. Those that missed them, your loss. That band is awesome live (to me). Where bands like Nile probably sound better on your stereo system, Goatwhore sounds better live. The sound wasn't the greatest as they don't have a soundman (I don't think) and the guitar was too low. The 30 minute set ended @ ...... 6:30 and AA took onto the stage. After quick rotation they started off with Death in Fire and the rest you know. No changes in the playlist. I really wish they'd drop "Where Silent Gods Stand Guard" as I peronally think it could be replaced by much better LIVE songs. They sounded great to me, always do, but I'm no expert so what do I know. AA's set was 30 minute long and by that time there were more people but still many yet to come. Some empty floor space allowed me to showcase my various headbanging techniques and styles without fear of getting shoe/elbow face printed by some bowld headed mother fucker or get squashed by some 300 lb charging bull.

7. After AA played Vader (by which time people were still coming to the club and asking me if AA played yet),then Kreator (people still walking in) and finally Nile (by that time around 10:30 I think everybody finally showed up)
From what I remember Vader's 30 min. performance was thier usual self, Kreator I only heard from the other room and Nile,well I was told the drummer is like a machine. Can't say much about performances of the remaining three groups as I was all over the place just hanging out. It's cool to hang out with the guys except certain member-s get distracted quite easily by the local groupies. My writing is getting worse and worse so I better stop. Might write more later, that is if once again anyone gives a damn.

Overall, was it worth going to, I'd say yes. Why, well cause;

Airfare, $5.00
Chicago Transit, $5.00
Heineken (12 oz. can), $6.00 rip-off

Memories, Priceless

for anything else there is ..............

Oh, yeah, I didn't tell how I got back, well, maybe next time.

Later

Nice stories.... I liked that....

Tomasz: you say that if I read it all i have too much time..... Hell, I bet writing takes much more... :headbang:

AA at BB Kings. Oct. 21 2003

Well this was my first time seeing AA live, and all I can say is WOW. They put on an unbelievable show, not to take anything away from all the other bands there, but it seemed like everyone came for AA. Death in fire kicked it off, and the crowd went nuts. They also played For the stab wounds in our backs, Where the silent gods stand gaurd, masters of war, Vs. the world. And dammit from all the excitement, I'm missing a song or two that i cant remember :( . Someone help me out here.
All I have to say is, Amon Amarth should be headlining shows like these.