Songs and bands that sounded great until you listened to them

Sympathy For The Devil. People were always saying "this song is awesome" and I thought it sounded like an awesome Hard Rock song due to its title but when I listened to it I was thinking "is this the right song?"

Job for a cowboy- who the fuck knows why they r at the top of death metal on myspace?

nile- They are good, but not quite as good as i thought they would be.

and the song master of puppets- just because i heard so much about it that i downloaded it and it really wasnt that amazing.

Alice In Chains - I didn't listen to ALL their songs but people talked about them like they were so awesome. So I listened and thought they were good just not great. If they have some awesome songs I would like recommendations.

Alice in Chains rec's? Where do I start.
Jar of Flies is my personal favorite and quite different from anything else they've done. More blues oriented but has some dark and depressing moments. That's what makes it such a great disc. Rotten Apple and Nutshell are two amazing songs. Very short cd that flows smoothly.
Dirt would be my second choice. This album along with Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden pretty much killed hair metal in my opinion. Try the track "Junkhead", It's all about Layne's heroin addiction. Also Dam that River, Angry Chair, and Down in a Hole are other great tracks off of Dirt.
Great band.

Mathiäs;6780786 said:
Mods should not act like this..

Dont take offence but I disagree, this is the "Non metal" section and there are people that come here to bash non metal, or old metal. Lots of people starting hate threds, who sucks threads, whos fans suck threads. Even this topics title while not as bad as some is potentionally inflamatory. This is the kind of stuff moderators stop dead in its tracks elsewhere. Truth

Dont take offence but I disagree, this is the "Non metal" section and there are people that come here to bash non metal, or old metal. Lots of people starting hate threds, who sucks threads, whos fans suck threads. Even this topics title while not as bad as some is potentionally inflamatory. This is the kind of stuff moderators stop dead in its tracks elsewhere. Truth

I agree, but I was talking about the way he handled it i.e the "OMFG THIS THREAD SUCKS CLOSE" etc. This is a type of thread I normally stay away from because it sucks.

Cheers :)

he's been here alot and has been watching this stuff go on for the past two months though, thats why the reaction, then just closely read the blanket post that sparked the reaction. I didnt think this topic was too bad at first but for many turned into another who sucks list rather than a discusion about why any stated band turned out to be not what was expected.

Oingo Boingo. They sounded great to me, because alot of people credit them for being one of the best 80s new wave bands. However, when I listened to them, I couldn't really get into them, mainly because of the singer.

Alice in Chains rec's? Where do I start.
Jar of Flies is my personal favorite and quite different from anything else they've done. More blues oriented but has some dark and depressing moments. That's what makes it such a great disc. Rotten Apple and Nutshell are two amazing songs. Very short cd that flows smoothly.
Dirt would be my second choice. This album along with Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden pretty much killed hair metal in my opinion. Try the track "Junkhead", It's all about Layne's heroin addiction. Also Dam that River, Angry Chair, and Down in a Hole are other great tracks off of Dirt.
Great band.

Well I listened to Rotten Apple, I found it kind of boring. Same with Nutshell. I liked Junkhead and Dam That River. I didn't like the others much. The stuff like Rotten Apple just isn't for me.

Whats songs "They come to snuff the Rooster" ? That was a goood song. I saw them open here for VanHalens From Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour and was pretty impressed. Huge wall of sound for only three players and Laynes voice, forget it, one of the best. I knew I was hearing a new wave of music that was going to have an effect. I was right. I never bought any of their stuff though, they were all over the radio anyhow.

Oingo Boingo. They sounded great to me, because alot of people credit them for being one of the best 80s new wave bands. However, when I listened to them, I couldn't really get into them, mainly because of the singer.

Oh dude, I LOVE Danny Elfman (he's the singer). Oingo Boingo are one of my favorite bands. The music is really fucking great, I don't care if people think they're cheesy or whatever. I haven't listened to all of their stuff, but Dead Man's Party is fucking solid I love every song on it.

^

I just saw that guy's post and was about to say the same thing. Only a Lad and Nothing to fear are great albums, although they have great songs throughout all of their catalogue.

Acid Bath. when I first heard about this band, I was like, "cool, a mix of sludge, doom and grind". Then actually listened to the and I thought "Dax Riggs sounds just like that tool from Creed....this is really gay"

I get a lot shit for this, but as much as I respect Iron Maiden (and yes I do like them), they sometimes veer into power metal territory which makes me cringe.