spending time

I can see the headlines now:

Man who invents immunity to sickness found brutally murdered, lab destroyed

The scientist who discovered a chemical combination that allowed the human immune system to overcome any sickness was found brutally murdered in his garage. The word "scab" was written on all the walls with his own blood. Later on the research lab that contains all of his research data was turned into a smoking crater.

One RN was quoted to say "better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees." A puzzling statement that was followed by headbanging.

this isn't exactly funny, it's true. do you think the corporations who would lose tremendous amounts of money from such a vaccination would allow this to happen? i don't. do you think they'll ever work towards a true cure for drug addiction? i don't. if all of the drug addicts in the world were miraculously cured of their ailments, the rehab industry (on a state and private level) would crumble and a lot of money would be lost. the private institutions would consider this a godsend, probably, but the state facilities (not unlike prisons in many ways) would no longer have the same people coming in for their 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th stays and they would be absolutely fucked.

there is an experimental detox treatment for opiate addicts.... read about the chemical 'apomorphine'. it is a non-narcotic that is quite possibly one of the only ways to reverse the damage that has been done to an addicts metabolism. it could be used all over the world with much success, so why aren't they doing it? they dont want to!
random, sorry

this isn't exactly funny, it's true. do you think the corporations who would lose tremendous amounts of money from such a vaccination would allow this to happen? i don't. do you think they'll ever work towards a true cure for drug addiction? i don't. if all of the drug addicts in the world were miraculously cured of their ailments, the rehab industry (on a state and private level) would crumble and a lot of money would be lost. the private institutions would consider this a godsend, probably, but the state facilities (not unlike prisons in many ways) would no longer have the same people coming in for their 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th stays and they would be absolutely fucked.

there is an experimental detox treatment for opiate addicts.... read about the chemical 'apomorphine'. it is a non-narcotic that is quite possibly one of the only ways to reverse the damage that has been done to an addicts metabolism. it could be used all over the world with much success, so why aren't they doing it? they dont want to!
random, sorry
Society in general would gain fuckloads by turning drug addicts into clean working machines who provide instead of parasite off society and stuff, though, so in extension I don't really think I agree with you there if the argument is taken a step further.
Also, you talk as if curing a drug addiction with a drug is the key - maybe I misinterpret, but that doesn't really sound like a good idea to me.

Unfortunately that isn't the mentality that is prevalent over here, MFJ is quite correct.

It's the reason why I mentioned the FDA. I'm sure there are many cures (some incredibly simple) that are suppressed as they would ruin business, as it were. A sick (North) America is a good america, for them. Many things classified as "diseases" aren't diseases as all, but named as such so that they must be "treated" and are FDA approved.

Unfortunately that isn't the mentality that is prevalent over here, MFJ is quite correct.

It's the reason why I mentioned the FDA. I'm sure there are many cures (some incredibly simple) that are suppressed as they would ruin business, as it were. A sick (North) America is a good america, for them. Many things classified as "diseases" aren't diseases as all, but named as such so that they must be "treated" and are FDA approved.

:lol:

Yeah, those doctors definitely need to keep their jobs to suppress cures. Fucking FDA and big pharma trying to keep the people in check, how conspiratorial are you going to get?

The point should be, is it possible for us to end all illness? I don't think so. The reason why we can't cure all illness because it's not our planet. It's all the life forms around us as well; moreover, there are so many things that will constantly evolve to take advantage of us or find a niche that will support their life. Think about rodents in our houses.

THE REASON WHY WE CAN'T CURE ALL ILLNESS IS BECAUSE ILLNESS IS NATURE'S WAY OF SAYING "HEY YOU KNOW WHAT? I'VE PRETTY MUCH DECIDED THAT YOU NEED TO GET OFF THE PLANET" AND FIGHTING NATURE IS PRETTY FUTILE IN THE LONG RUN GUYS

:lol:

Yeah, those doctors definitely need to keep their jobs to suppress cures. Fucking FDA and big pharma trying to keep the people in check, how conspiratorial are you going to get?

The point should be, is it possible for us to end all illness? I don't think so. The reason why we can't cure all illness because it's not our planet. It's all the life forms around us as well; moreover, there are so many things that will constantly evolve to take advantage of us or find a niche that will support their life. Think about rodents in our houses.

Yeah, because a healthy country benefits the FDA greatly. You can't deny that the world we live on this side of the planet promotes this kind of behaviour. (It's on a lesser scale in Canada due to the strict regulations we have, but I doubt it's much better). Anyways, it isn't really conspiracy theory. I'd rather just believe the above than we are wasting shit-tons of money on "research" that will never lead anywhere, though this wasn't what I was originally thinking to begin with.

At any rate, I suppose the FDA is just a result of the society we live in where everyone wants a quick fix for any small problem they have though. If people don't want others to profit off of them they need to be smart.

As to the question you pose, no. Organic beings will always be susceptible to disease, there are just too many variables to completely abolish it. The best we can try to achieve is solutions to some of the more problematic ones we face.

@einride :lol:, perhaps.

Do you realize that people like FDA could make loads of money of those diseases that you are eluding to. Think of the money for the prevention medicine like vaccines for the next generation. If you're talking about bacterial diseases and 'cures' that put the diseases in check, then think about all the money that can be made off of antibacterials. If you're talking about cures of genetic diseases, then think of how much money could be made producing the enzymes that altered there genes (or whatever mechanism they've proposed).

The average cost to supply a youngster with a barrage of vaccinations is roughly 1k usd. These vaccines are primarily used to combat illnesses that would ravage a society had they be given free reign to do so. Dead children, ie. future customers of a medicated world, would not bode well for the number one special interest going today, the farcemaceutical industry. There is no money in preventing a non-lethal illness and if we were truly to live in a world of magnanimity we would be receiving our required daily dose at cost. (An avg savings of 95%) There is no "conspiracy", the system is quite obvious.

Ultimately, it's a good thing that people die. It's the prolonging of death and the treatment of disease that causes such a burden on society. Do people really need to live well into their 80s? What the fuck for? To sit around and watch Family Feud?

Is this even related to the topic? I don't even know what's going on. I keep thinking about the receiving of fellatio.

The average cost to supply a youngster with a barrage of vaccinations is roughly 1k usd. These vaccines are primarily used to combat illnesses that would ravage a society had they be given free reign to do so. Dead children, ie. future customers of a medicated world, would not bode well for the number one special interest going today, the farcemaceutical industry. There is no money in preventing a non-lethal illness and if we were truly to live in a world of magnanimity we would be receiving our required daily dose at cost. (An avg savings of 95%) There is no "conspiracy", the system is quite obvious.

OH SNAP

So them evil corporations are benefiting off of us being alive. I better go off myself, just so they can't rip me off.

Ultimately, it's a good thing that people die. It's the prolonging of death and the treatment of disease that causes such a burden on society. Do people really need to live well into their 80s? What the fuck for? To sit around and watch Family Feud?

honestly

there's big money in keeping people alive though

you have to wonder how much of the anti-euthanasia lobby consists of pharma-ceutical CEO's

I'm stunned by the amount of drugs people are on. I go to great lengths to avoid using a $5 antibiotic. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that drugs are an integral part of extending the life cycle but I'm just flabbergasted at stuff like bulk discounts et al.
You would be shocked at the condition of the most of my patients. It's really disturbing. And I haven't seen the worst of it. Those folks are at the long-term care facilities that our group doesn't service.
Basically, life can suck at any age depending on what happens to you or what you're born with but life DOES suck independent of any other variable once you get "old"