Stop bitching the New In flames !

hmm, I don't know exactly.

I'm sure this will lead into the whole genre discussion, anyway;

I don't regard the early In flames as melodic death metal. (except for Lunar strain/Subterannean, maybe.) ''But you're fucking wrong!'' you probably think, let me explain;

Like it or not, the riffs on Tjr and on even a on Whoracle are heavily influenced by Iron maiden, like it or not. Also the keyboards have some impact on it. Harsh vocals and blast beats does not make something melodic death metal.

I agree with metalkicksass. I even recall an interview with Bjorn from the Colony days, in which he states that Iron Maiden was the band's number one influence.

Well fucking yeah.
Jesper says In Flames is "iron maiden sounding with brutality"

But isn't that what melodic death somewhat is?

Well fucking yeah.
Jesper says In Flames is "iron maiden sounding with brutality"

But isn't that what melodic death somewhat is?

Not always, I'm sure that there's tons of melodic death metal bands that have the Iron maiden harmonies, but take a look at Dark tranquillity's The gallery for example; Is it melodic death metal? Definitely. Does it sound similar to Iron maiden? Not really.

Not always, I'm sure that there's tons of melodic death metal bands that have the Iron maiden harmonies, but take a look at Dark tranquillity's The gallery for example; Is it melodic death metal? Definitely. Does it sound similar to Iron maiden? Not really.

Punish My Heaven sure as hell does at times.

You can argue In Flames have had influences from maiden, but to call TJR Power Metal is absurd. It's not even an argument.

In what kind of genre would you regard Tjr then? not trying to sound like a dick or something.

melodic death metal. thats why in flames are famous. they helped invent the genre, with that album. there shouldn't be any discussion its a melodeth anlbum, end of.

Obvious The Jester Race isn't straight power metal, but it's more power metal sounding than any other album from that era.

into 18 years of In Flames you guys are still dumb.

There's a saying about a pot calling a kettle black, look it up and don't contribute to threads if you have nothing worthwhile to say.

metalkicksass said:
In what kind of genre would you regard Tjr then? not trying to sound like a dick or something.
Veenox said:
Obvious The Jester Race isn't straight power metal, but it's more power metal sounding than any other album from that era.

I listen to a fair amount of power metal, and none of it reminds me remotely of The Jester Race. Wayfaerer is the only track that even slightly sounds Power Metally. The rest is melodic death metal, plain and simple. Emphasis on the MELODIC, which doesn't automatically make it Power Metal. Listen to a Power Metal song, from a band from Maiden to Freedom Call, then listen to something off TJR and see how similar they sound.

nothing even slighly similar between the two

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to read all this shit, if you need convincing that all In Flames' music is epic win you're not worth it. I loved all the albums, my favorites are STYE and Whoracle and I suppose my favorite songs off those albums would be Evil In A Closet and Jester Script Transfigured. If you like other songs that's your business, hell: if you like other bands that's your business.

As long as you realise it's your business and nobody else gives a fuck.

I'm not going to read all this shit, if you need convincing that all In Flames' music is epic win you're not worth it. I loved all the albums, my favorites are STYE and Whoracle and I suppose my favorite songs off those albums would be Evil In A Closet and Jester Script Transfigured. If you like other songs that's your business, hell: if you like other bands that's your business.

As long as you realise it's your business and nobody else gives a fuck.

Ok don't fuckface it.

I respect In Flames doing what makes them happy, but I got the right to not be happy.

I don't have to like A Shit Of Pisspiss if I don't want to.

Ok don't fuckface it.

I respect In Flames doing what makes them happy, but I got the right to not be happy.

I don't have to like A Shit Of Pisspiss if I don't want to.

Which is pretty much what I said...