Stop bitching the New In flames !

It's different, but I don't think calling everybody who likes it a 'moron' is necassary. Everyone is entitled to their own musical tastes and opinions, even if you disagree with them.

I personally don't mind ASOP, my biggest issue with it is that it simply lacks replayability and as usual focuses too much on verse/chorus/verse. Plus Anders' screams are probably the worst I've heard them.

Agreed, but CC is like a jump backwards rather than forwards. It's like they forced the guitars back in because of the negative reaction to STYE, and although CC is a very in-your-face album it feels hollow to me, without the replayability of their classic albums.

I suppose to me, CC feels artificial and constructed, whereas the classic albums feel organic and natural. CC is still a cool album, but it still seems to be missing that spark the older stuff had.

Oh, happy christmas everyone

I dunno. The guitar melodies are devoid of both the somewhat folky feel of the really old stuff and the happy melodies of colony/clayman. I think they moved back to an aggressive melodic death sound, but to me it's a step forward. They wanted a very dry, bleak sound, which they achieved, which really brings out the melodies.
I'll be honest, it's one of my favorites. I think it has great replay value. It's meant to feel inorganic, though. Hence the emphasis on pure white in the packaging. If I was a pretentious asshole I talk about how that complements the lyrical focus on society and relationships to show how the artistic soul (our narrator) is dying out in the cold modern world.

Apparently I'm a pretentious asshole, which is news to no-one. But I just thought of that and I think it's pretty neat.

I dunno. The guitar melodies are devoid of both the somewhat folky feel of the really old stuff and the happy melodies of colony/clayman. I think they moved back to an aggressive melodic death sound, but to me it's a step forward. They wanted a very dry, bleak sound, which they achieved, which really brings out the melodies.
I'll be honest, it's one of my favorites. I think it has great replay value. It's meant to feel inorganic, though. Hence the emphasis on pure white in the packaging. If I was a pretentious asshole I talk about how that complements the lyrical focus on society and relationships to show how the artistic soul (our narrator) is dying out in the cold modern world.

Apparently I'm a pretentious asshole, which is news to no-one. But I just thought of that and I think it's pretty neat.

Pretty cool take on the album.

I made it up as I went along but it totally fits.
Anyhow, I really like the packaging and stuff.
Although sometimes the lyrics are hard to read. I hate that.
There were issues with that in the Clayman booklet too; lyrics in white over a white background part = thanks a lot.

In Flames booklets have often had issues like that...

I'm not a huge fan of the CC packaging, the guy ripping a heart out of his chest was too cliché for me. On the other hand, in comparison to ASOP, CC looks like a fucking work of masterful art.

I think Reroute's cover is awesome, and Colony's front cover is really epic.

The Reroute cover art is easily my favourite piece of In Flames art. I'm not really sure how it relates to any of the lyrics, but it looks fantastic.

The Jester Race is quite clearly their best cover and if you disagree you're obviously a faggot. And unlike all the other times where I call people faggots, here I'm actually sort of serious. There can't really be any debate about their best cover.

At first I hated the ASOP artwork. I still don't like it in a serious way, but I think it's really goofy.

The only reason The Jester Race isn't my favourite cover is because of the horribly ugly font used for the album title. It looks so cheap and sticks out like a sore thumb.

The Jester Race is quite clearly their best cover and if you disagree you're obviously a faggot. And unlike all the other times where I call people faggots, here I'm actually sort of serious. There can't really be any debate about their best cover.

At first I hated the ASOP artwork. I still don't like it in a serious way, but I think it's really goofy.

It's posts like these that make it hard for me to take you seriously, because you seem to struggle with the concept of opinion or perception. "I'm right and if you disagree you're a fag" is fairly narrow minded.

As Veenox mentioned, the font does kind of suck, and whilst the cover art is very cool, I personally prefer the Colony artwork. TJR is a close second, though.

The only reason The Jester Race isn't my favourite cover is because of the horribly ugly font used for the album title. It looks so cheap and sticks out like a sore thumb.
True.
We were discussing artwork, though.

It's posts like these that make it hard for me to take you seriously, because you seem to struggle with the concept of opinion or perception. "I'm right and if you disagree you're a fag" is fairly narrow minded.

Well, I rarely actually believe that, but here I'm taking a stand.

Colony beats TJR, in my opinion, but to each his own. I'm not about to call it a fact when art is itself purely a matter of perception.