Stop bitching the New In flames !

trigger is better than anything on asop
That is you're opinion. I must say i find it kinda boring to listen to nowadays since i've listened to it so much. Drenched In Fear for example is a better song (imo)

Alright, again posting after a while.

I nowadays listen pretty much equally TJR and CC stuff, not very much ASOP, except for Disconnected for sing along.

Also I've been listening to Colony and Clayman stuff more...or well atleast Colony. I recently got into The hive, but I don't think it's as good as the old or new stuff, also Episode666, but that I need to listen more to.

Lately I've listened propably most of them Artifacts of the black rain, Embody the invisible, and random songs from CC.

I would consider The Hive and Episode 666 to be "the old stuff" personally... i mean if you're referring to The Jester Race as the old stuff we're only talking about what...a year and a half to 2 year difference in terms of release??? And both embodying very similar style of melodic metal.

Well i listen to it all...but still consider older in flames to be more momentous...but i enjoy every album in its own way....although i will have to say that CC is probably my least favorite....

Well if you haven't googled it you can just search for like..In Flames Abnegation Demo torrent
Or the hard way, It's on youtube so just go to the website thingy and download it through youtube :p But i'm sure it's on some torrent somewhere? It got to be..let me try to get a link :) And by the way there is 3 versions total. This demo you are looking for, then a very very slightly changed one for Bam Margeras compilation album thingy, and the one on ASOP EP.

EDIT: I found some torrent, but not a single one had any seeds whatsoever so it was not downloadable, but here is the youtube link which you can download the song from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colony was their best for sure.

I got both abnegation demos on my old computer.
Wasn't it on that gay Bam compilation CD?

Yeah Colony is probably my favorite....great shit

Yeah i think it was on that retarded Bam Margera compilation....for some reason i feel like I remember hearin/reading that

hey evrybody
I came to In Flames through ASOP, around 14 months ago. I was addicted to that album, then I tried Clayman, then R2R, and going on...
I think ASOP is good, but nothing compared to the old shit!!
u guys were for people that like both the old and new stuff. somebody even said that all new ONLY like ASOP, STYE or CC... that is NOT true!!!
I love Clayman, TJR, Whoracle and R2R!!!

I'm a little perplexed by the hate here.

I went back and listened to each album in order. I don't see what's so wrong with ASOP? In Flames never put out the same record twice, each were pretty distinctive. To me, this album continued the path they were always on, the same natural progression forward.

The same "age" and "getting older" argument can be applied here. As true musicians age their music tends to soften, or maybe soften is not the right word... their material pulls away from sheer technicality and obscurity to more melodic and song structure orientations.

Could ASOP have been a little less "commercial"? sure, why not, but it's a decent album that opened the doors for a lot of new fans.

Lets wait and see what the next album brings before declaring them dead.

There's nothing terribly wrong with ASOP, it's just not anywhere near where their standards used to be. Much like Come Clarity, it's pretty one-dimensional. Nice enough to listen to every so often, but unlike TJR/Whoracle/Colony/Clayman I won't be listening to it often.

There's no song on ASOP you can truly say is outstanding or special. The closest "special" song is TCP, but that's the wrong kind of special.

I fully agree with DigiV. it will bring new fans to the band and I think that is not too bad of a thing. i don't have a problem with any of the albums, I just hope they won't play too many ASOP and CC songs at the concert I'm going to... that would be horrible!!
Jotun forever!!!

There's nothing terribly wrong with ASOP, it's just not anywhere near where their standards used to be. Much like Come Clarity, it's pretty one-dimensional. Nice enough to listen to every so often, but unlike TJR/Whoracle/Colony/Clayman I won't be listening to it often.

There's no song on ASOP you can truly say is outstanding or special. The closest "special" song is TCP, but that's the wrong kind of special.

Hmm.. see we're complete opposites.

To me old In Flames (TJR, whoreacle, colony) is not as good as new In Flames (clayman, CC, Reroute, Soundtrack, etc). I've always looked at In Flames either pre Clayman or after. That's when they truly hit that transformation to what they are now... with Clayman. I consider it the bridge.

So, it's odd for me to hear people say the old stuff was so much better, considering their best songs are from this era. And for the dood that said the lyrics are "cheesy" on this new album...

In Flames always had these types of lyrics, whatever you want to call it. The only difference now it seems the lyrics reflect personal woes and without those silly last syllable rhymes a the end of every line.

Actually, past lyrics were a bit more intelligent and creative than the present album lyrics.
Also, when Anders wrote Clayman, he was actually depressed, so he wrote it sincerely.
Clayman is way more poetic than any of the newer albums.
Now he just simplifies lyrics and writes about "depressing" stuff to reach out easier to people with the same problems.
It's simplified so that more people can understand and follow the lyrics.

Before clayman/colony, it was more fictional lyrics, than personal.

Actually, past lyrics were a bit more intelligent and creative than the present album lyrics.
Also, when Anders wrote Clayman, he was actually depressed, so he wrote it sincerely.
Clayman is way more poetic than any of the newer albums.
Now he just simplifies lyrics and writes about "depressing" stuff to reach out easier to people with the same problems.
It's simplified so that more people can understand and follow the lyrics.

Before clayman/colony, it was more fictional lyrics, than personal.

Well he's putting more work into his lyrics nowadays..It all depends on what kind of lyrics you like, So you can't really say it's bad or good, It's only your opinion.
And the band aswell puts ALOT of more work in their music.
For example TJR took 11 days to record in full while ASOP took almost 2 months..Though ofcourse they didn't work everyday 100% you get the idea.
And I for one enjoy the lyrics from all albums, But I can agree that I think pre-clayman lyrics was better (excluding Lunar Strain). Imo he still pulls of those brilliant lyric lines nowadays too. And ''newer'' lyrics I think more people can relate to, which is one reason he stopped writing the ''fictional'' lyrics, and also because TJR and Whoracle was concept albums, and Colony was also a part of it, then that ''history'' was ended, and also because people didn't understand the lyrics either. And on Reroute his wife co-wrote Reroute to remain and Dismiss the cynic, I think he really wanted to get a message out which is the pretty obvious one if you listen to ''Reroute to Remain'' lyrics.