Suggest me some easy to find prog...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thought, I was wrong. Ever taken would've been correct, though ...

"dude, you are seriously infected with fanboyism!"

And you don't know much about Gildenlöw.

Longinus...

You need to come to grips with reality. It is indeed very possible for someone not to enjoy any PoS material...and still have great, diverse and intelligent taste in music. PoS is a great band to YOU, and that is absolutely fine with me...i never intended for you to take it personally when i said i didnt like them...the fact that you DID, is rather irritating and childish.

As for your comment that Gildenlow is more talented than ANY band i listen to...is very presumptuous, and quite untrue...seeing as how you dont know every band i listen to, as well as he is just not as talented as you make him out to be. here is why:

A. the music isnt nearly as impressive as youre boasting.
B. the lyrics arent nearly as insightful as youre boasting.
C. youre the only one here who has decided to partake in this PoS boasting.
D. thus you are the uber PoS fanboy: and are quite biased in your boasting.

In other words...PoS are a great band to YOU, but stop fucking boasting!

and for the record Rush >>>>>> PoS

Longinus...
You need to come to grips with reality. It is indeed very possible for someone not to enjoy any PoS material...and still have great, diverse and intelligent taste in music.

I never debated this. I just think that particular guy would then have horrible taste, though.

PoS is a great band to YOU, and that is absolutely fine with me...i never intended for you to take it personally when i said i didnt like them...the fact that you DID, is rather irritating and childish.

You made statements about them that were quite untrue. That was the thing that concerned me.

seeing as how you dont know every band i listen to

I don't need to. I would have heard of someone as talented as him by now.

I never claimed it to be extraordinarily impressive, when we're talking just the music.

Some stuff is quite hard though.
In this regard, PoS and Opeth are very much alike. Both bands have an enormous talent when it comes to technicality but they don't show it often.

In order to say such a thing, you would probably have to understand his concepts first and the whole BE album. I am sure you at least don't have a single clue what BE is about. Heck, why would you know of the concepts if you can't be bothered with the music?

C. youre the only one here who has decided to partake in this PoS boasting

I am no PoS fanboy. I dislike a good deal of their songs. If anything, I am an Opeth fanboy, I have no idea how often I've repeated this.

I just want the band to be more praised I guess. And not called "awful". They are one of the very few progressive bands (just like Opeth) and for that reason alone, they deserve some credit. I guess I'm kinda sensitive about this, but I'd be with Opeth as well. or even with Metallica, which I don't like.

I certainly am a PoS Fan but I'm not the only one on this board. Maybe I'm the only one defending them though.

NineFeetUnderground said:
its not that i find something "wrong" with them. theres just absolutely nothing more than average about them...thats why it blows my mind when people praise them so much. *shrug*
put that way, i'd agree with you completely. i think PoS is a great band. i don't think they're the second coming. :lol:
i have and enjoy every one of their albums, especially 12:5 and the concept behind BE.
they do get a lot of worshipping and glorifying that imo is beyond what they merit.

edit: i'd also agree that Rush > PoS.

and, that Riverside fuckin owns.

I don't need to. I would have heard of someone as talented as him by now.

Talent in this case is subjective. You are a malaka, and that's objective.

So you get an album. Good, now you're aware of the second coming of Christ. His name is Daniel Gildenlow and he's so divine that he puts out rock albums. Just like wrestling has a zombie with superpowers named The Undertaker.

Others were listening for music to go along with it and didn't get it. So we didn't care. You don't look for music when you go to buy an album, while some people look for music to go along with the meaning. If I wanted to research, I would. Oh, wait, I research every fucking day.

Get a grip. It's an album you're getting worked up on the internet over.

Stupid people aren't even smart enough to know how smart they aren't.

they do get a lot of worshipping and glorifying that imo is beyond what they merit.

Compared to all the people who hate them, it's nothing.

Talent in this case is subjective. You are a malaka, and that's objective.

That's an old one.

Good, now you're aware of the second coming of Christ. His name is Daniel Gildenlow and he's so divine that he puts out rock albums. Just like wrestling has a zombie with superpowers named The Undertaker.

Still purposely missing the point eh?

Besides, he puts out metal albums. Well, before 12:5 at any rate. Calling the last 2 PoS albums rock albums is like calling you a decent debater.

The last parts of your message made my head explode 'cause they were pretentious.

By the way, Pluvius Aestivus is one of the fastest piano pieces and Gildenlow isn't even that much of a piano player.

NineFeetUnderground said:
Longinus...

You need to come to grips with reality. It is indeed very possible for someone not to enjoy any PoS material...and still have great, diverse and intelligent taste in music. PoS is a great band to YOU, and that is absolutely fine with me...i never intended for you to take it personally when i said i didnt like them...the fact that you DID, is rather irritating and childish.

As for your comment that Gildenlow is more talented than ANY band i listen to...is very presumptuous, and quite untrue...seeing as how you dont know every band i listen to, as well as he is just not as talented as you make him out to be. here is why:

C. youre the only one here who has decided to partake in this PoS boasting.

In other words...PoS are a great band to YOU, but stop fucking boasting!

and for the record Rush >>>>>> PoS

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The last parts of your message made my head explode 'cause they were pretentious.
So?
That's an old one.
No it isn't.
By the way, Pluvius Aestivus is one of the fastest piano pieces and Gildenlow isn't even that much of a piano player.
So? I can barely play piano and I have no doubt I can run faster note per second numbers. What does this mean? Absolutely nothing. You're a malaka and you're not going to change the world on an internet board. Stop trying to show people the light that will bring them salvation through a rock album. Be obviously touched you in some way, so that's great. Coloring books touch retards as well, but you don't see them going crazy trying to save the souls of others using them.

You're still a malaka, especially after that obviously carefully crafted retort.

Longinus said:

Compared to all the people who hate them, it's nothing.

Still purposely missing the point eh? :lol:

By the way, Pluvius Aestivus is one of the fastest piano pieces and Gildenlow isn't even that much of a piano player. :lol:

wait a minute here. it's not a balance system. just cause a band gets trashed by a lot of people who (for reasons sound an stupid alike) dislike this band, that is not cause for you or me or anyone to overcompensate by glorifying them in hopes that you'll convert everyone to PoS lovers.

as for the "lol"s, well they explain themselves. clearly its YOU who's missing the point here. NFU made it perfectly clear.

MightyA: go away. you waste bandwidth.

I bought PoS - The Perfect Element just a couple of days ago. I honestly dont get why everyone praises them so highly. I dont think its bad, just not amazing. Even with the Flower Kings i think hes only good, not spectacular.

Heheh i also got Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night and am loving that. So crude, yet amazingly enjoyable. Sings brilliantly too.

So? I can barely play piano and I have no doubt I can run faster note per second numbers.

Listen to the song, it's really good. If Beethoven made it, you'd probably drool over it.

wait a minute here. it's not a balance system. just cause a band gets trashed by a lot of people who (for reasons sound an stupid alike) dislike this band, that is not cause for you or me or anyone to overcompensate by glorifying them in hopes that you'll convert everyone to PoS lovers.

If I praised anything, it was Gildenlöw's talent. You don't know much about him (has to be the case) so why judge him?

Or did you get the impression, I was hyping them? I am not hyping them, I am defending them. I used to hate PoS so I can somewhat understand you.
Though I posted before I couldn't, that only referred to the lack of willpower to delve deeper into PoS' music.

Plus, you did not get the point I made when I commented on your statement regarding their hype. by that I did not say the hate towards them has to be compensated, merely that amidst all this hate, the love is hard to find.

I bought PoS - The Perfect Element just a couple of days ago. I honestly dont get why everyone praises them so highly. I dont think its bad, just not amazing. Even with the Flower Kings i think hes only good, not spectacular.

Well, he composed and can play all of the parts on that album. Needless to say, his vocal delivery is technically one of the best you could find. I'd love to hear Patton sing Reconciliation. He can't. No pop. vocalist can. And if he can, he lacks emotion which work really amazingly fine with the lyrics, which are written by Daniel Gildenlow. Which are printed in a booklet designed by Gildenlow, amidst pictures by Gildenlow to provide information and hints for the concept, made by Gildenlow. Which makes him an extraordinary all around artist.

On a totally unrelated note: you must have no heart if you arent moved by the title track.

Longinus said:
Listen to the song, it's really good. If Beethoven made it, you'd probably drool over it.
I thought some kind of arpeggiator made that song?

Silent Song said:
MightyA: go away. you waste bandwidth.
Oh, come on.
Silent Song: Your whole family smells like poopoo.

I thought some kind of arpeggiator made that song?

Haha. Yeah, it's not very varied or something but it serves the purpose of copying the sound of rain only to end in a thunder.. awesome conceptual idea.

Longinus said:
If I praised anything, it was Gildenlöw's talent. You don't know much about him (has to be the case) so why judge him?

Or did you get the impression, I was hyping them? I am not hyping them, I am defending them. I used to hate PoS so I can somewhat understand you.
Though I posted before I couldn't, that only referred to the lack of willpower to delve deeper into PoS' music.

Plus, you did not get the point I made when I commented on your statement regarding their hype. by that I did not say the hate towards them has to be compensated, merely that amidst all this hate, the love is hard to find.

you are beyond all hope. you presume to judge me? you know everything about me right? you know how much i know about DG, and PoS cause you're ominscient. you must know then, that when i first discovered them i was so obsessed that i read every essay and article he wrote and posted on his site. i may even know more about him than you, fanboy.

are you fucking stupid? i'm on your side. stop taking shots at me. IMO PoS is a great band, BUT: they get more praise than they deserve. they are a great band, and no more than that. they are not TEH BESTEST BAND EVERSZ.

that's why the love is hard to find, genius: because people like you shove it in everyone's face like you're trying to convert lost souls. good job captain obvious.

fanboy.jpg

Then you simply cannot grasp his talents it seems.

Oh and thanks for missing the point again. Oh and you are not on my side at all. 'Cause I'm on the side of intelligence :)

Longinus:

oh noes. i R so stoopid. u hurt my feelingz.

feel free to imagine yourself as our musical superior, illusions can be comforting for the insecure.

ps: zappa rocks.

Longinus said:
Well, he composed and can play all of the parts on that album. Needless to say, his vocal delivery is technically one of the best you could find. I'd love to hear Patton sing Reconciliation. He can't. No pop. vocalist can. And if he can, he lacks emotion which work really amazingly fine with the lyrics, which are written by Daniel Gildenlow. Which are printed in a booklet designed by Gildenlow, amidst pictures by Gildenlow to provide information and hints for the concept, made by Gildenlow. Which makes him an extraordinary all around artist.

On a totally unrelated note: you must have no heart if you arent moved by the title track.

There are plenty of talented singers out there. I dont agree with you that he is one of the best, but dont bother arguing that because that is just my opinion, something that you arn't going to change. I don't think the lyrics of that cd are especially good, and though the cover was a cool pic, i didn't think that much of the booklet, as far as booklets go.

That first song is good, but far too long. The emotional impact is not that strong. You just obviously love Gildenlow, so it means something different to you.

Wow, I'd be eager to hear who you think is a vocalist technically as strong and a lyricist as good as gildenlow.

If you say Akerfeldt, I'm going to kill you.

Besides, what is TPE about? To you?

That first song is good, but far too long.

Wow, I just read that.

Well, that confirms you aren't being serious, so forget the first part of my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.