sup guys (opinion thread)

jeanreno

I said no olives!
Feb 10, 2003
Australia
Hey everyone, I haven't posted much here anymore, so I thought I would. Here's a random discussion/opinion thread. The idea is to ask people's opinion on a band/album or post an opinion on a band/album.

I'll get the ball rolling, what do you guys think of The Mars Volta? I think their new album is great.

Also, which album by Dimmu Borgir are people's personal favourite?

Hope I can see more of your opinions guys. :wave:

The Mars Volta is pretty good.. I have gotten sick of it though cause we play it at work ALL THE TIME.

As for dimmu, prolly Enthroned Darkness Triumphant.

The closest I can find to describing the Mars Volta is a cross between Incubus and Camel, only heavier. The drumming is superb. :D

Oh and you guys need to ask opinions on your bands too. eg. "So what do you guys think of [x]'s new album [y]?" :)

ps. I missed you guys. :cry:

For the Therion fans (or not, as the case may be ;)), what do you think of the 'Live in Midgard' album? I just got it, seems quite cool so far (only heard disk one). I'm only familiar with the "Secret of the runes" stuff, so I got it to get an overview of their history.

I'll get the ball rolling, what do you guys think of The Mars Volta? I think their new album is great.

Wonderful album. I've had "Televators" stuck in my head for days.

Also, which album by Dimmu Borgir are people's personal favourite?

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant

I like them a bit, but I thought Cicatrix ESP went just too...boring.
it got all noodely and stopped started, didn't change much despite this
That and they fucking cut the awesome chorus out of it. But it bores me to tears when I get to that point in the album, but I love everything before it.

Tremulant was a lot more stable, imo.

I prefer Sparta, despite their more "standard" approach, though neither is up to ATDI par, imo, lacking emotion (not completely) on TMV's side and experimentation (not completely) on Sparta's, to simplify it (probably too much).

Parasite said:
Wonderful album. I've had "Televators" stuck in my head for days.
That's my favourite track on the album.

Ok we need more opinions from more people. Ask some questions!!

ps. I'll add one myself, any of you guys like Nightmares on Wax?
pps. Or Camel?

I downloaded Green Carnation's LoD DoD today, and, in my opinion, it should be at least 6 minutes shorter by removing the female "vocals" in the middle. The first 30 mins or so of the song is, like... perfect. Then that shit ruins everything. Especially the part at 36:22. Worst "singing" ever. It's a shame too, because that part could have been great with a better singer.

I still think I'll buy it though, if only for the first 30 mins.