sup guys (opinion thread)

TrevJ said:
I downloaded Green Carnation's LoD DoD today, and, in my opinion, it should be at least 6 minutes shorter by removing the female "vocals" in the middle. The first 30 mins or so of the song is, like... perfect. Then that shit ruins everything. Especially the part at 36:22. Worst "singing" ever. It's a shame too, because that part could have been great with a better singer.

I still think I'll buy it though, if only for the first 30 mins.

What sort of style are they? I've never heard this band, can you compare them to anything?

Reactions: Aecliptica
Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
That sucks trev. That bit rules.

Are you serious? I mean, really, go listen to her constipated wailing at the 36:22 mark. Some of that section is good, but the bad parts are so overwhelmingly bad that they overshadow the good parts.

@jeanreno:

I'm more or less new to Green Carnation, but Light of Day, Day of Darkness is a 60 minute song incorporating quite a few styles. You'd do best to just go here: http://www.theendrecords.com/html/GC/GC.htm and download the sample mp3 they have there. It's one of the best parts of the song, and should give you a good idea.

Parasite said:
Everyone should love Camel.

If everyone in the world was like this man...uh... there'd be a shitload of Camel fans. Parasite, you heard the Paris Collection? That album kicks holy ass.

ps. I'm downloading that Green Carnation mp3. Thanks guys. :)

jeanreno said:
I think I love you. :erk:

cassidy2.jpg

OHHHHH I think I love you
So what am I so afraid of?
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
A love there is no cure for
I think I love you
Isn't that what life is made of?
Though it worries me to say
That I've never felt this way

FangsFirst said:
cassidy2.jpg

OHHHHH I think I love you
So what am I so afraid of?
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
A love there is no cure for
I think I love you
Isn't that what life is made of?
Though it worries me to say
That I've never felt this way

I TAKE IT BACK NOW :yell:

Woah.. I just finished downloading that Green Carnation sample. It's fucking brilliant! Thanks for recommending it guys, I'm buying it tomorrow. I just hope the rest of the album is this good. :)

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Theres a helluva lot more to it than just what that sample suggests. If you keep an open mind i'm sure you'll like it :)

What other styles are there on this album?

That album is indeed fairly good, but the female vocal section is pure trash (and I like Dead Can Dance and Diamanda Galas, but they actually have GOOD female singers, GC has a competely untalented female vocalist). So, about 50 minutes are good, but they get tiring. Whatever you do, DO NOT GET THE OTHER GREEN CARNATION ALBUMS. They are abominable. What you should do, on the other hand, is get every In the Woods cd (Tchort from GC was in In the Woods), ESPECIALLY Omnio. Omnio >>>>>>>>> Green Carnation. And the vocals in In the Woods are so much better that it isn't funny.

The Mars Volta is quite possibly album of the year, but Beloved is quickly becoming a contendor and Poison the Well's newest has been pushing for that spot in my personal list since I first heard it.

So yeah, what do you guys think of the newest Poison the Well? Too harsh? Too many melodic parts? Too slow? I personally think the slower, thick and crushing atmosphere is awesome and the screams are so much angrier now. The calm parts are like Cave In too, which is never a bad thing as Cave In fucking rocks.