Symphony X and Dream Theater

i have to say morphine child deserves respect for being a fan and still being able to step back and realize that this shit isn't all perfect. Symphony x isn't perfect either (as much as we all would like to pretend that they are). ok, wait... i'm sorry... symphony x is perfect. bad example. Um... no other band is perfect... only symphony x have reached a level of godlike perfection. *decisive nod* yup... they are the masters.

:lol:

i love symphony x and they are about as perfect as it gets. but utter perfection? not even going to touch that one he he he...

by the way, hope i didn't piss off anyone with that last post. y'all know i love symphony x.

IMO Vanden Plas sounds nothing like Dream Theater. They have a slight (very slight) DT influence, but they have a very original sound. I dunno why people call them DT clones

Ppl r sillee, i gess.

I think that people compare Symphony X and Dream Theater because Symphony X is "progressive metal" and Dream Theater is "metal progressive," and sometimes people get the two terms switched around and think that they are the same.

Hmmm... I haven't seen Vanden Plas being called a clone of DT before. Weird. I do think some of the inspiration behind The God thing came straight from Images and Words, but definatley not cloning. No stealing music, or whatever.

Zax666 has a good point, especially A Night at the Opera. I like that album almost as much as I like The Mythology Suite. Interesting, Zax.

arglebargle said:
IMO Vanden Plas sounds nothing like Dream Theater. They have a slight (very slight) DT influence, but they have a very original sound. I dunno why people call them DT clones
The term "clones" is of course totally inappropriate, but in my opinion, Günter Werno´s keyboards often bear more than a slight similarity to Kevin Moore´s on his DT albums. But, like I said, their songwriting is totally unique.

The Stormbringer said:
The term "clones" is of course totally inappropriate, but in my opinion, Günter Werno´s keyboards often bear more than a slight similarity to Kevin Moore´s on his DT albums. But, like I said, their songwriting is totally unique.

Hmmm, I suppose they have kinda similar keyboard styles. And I never meant that I thought YOU said they clones, I've just heard that from others. As a Vanden Plas fanboy I have to kill any who call them such. I'm sure you understand. ;)