SymphonyX and Kamelot, The Best of Metal

Originally posted by Luis
So, Do you still share my opinion?

Are SymphonyX and Kamelot the best of metal?

Luis

huh? :confused: That would be a "no" again but we did get to talk about some interesting music. Have you picked any of it up?

Originally posted by Liquid Tension

:lol: you're old!!!:lol:

What's the matter with age :confused:
Most important thing is how you feel the music, no matter if you are man, woman, old or young.
I was reading Lady of the Snow posts, it's very interesting what she write, seems to know a lot about music and have an opend mind too.

BTW, SX and Kamelot are between my fav bands of all times, I think "The Fourth Legacy" and "Karma" are masterpieces of Melodic Metal.

Originally posted by mINdCRimE

What's the matter with age :confused:

I guess that you're not old enough to get the joke!:lol:

BTW , we weren't taking about music when the age thing came up but your little speach about it was right on target!

Whoa ! No way ! Symphony X has its own forum ! Didn't know that... yet. Fucking A !
Anyway, for my first message I had to post in this thread. If they ever asked me to choose my two favourite metalbands, I think it would definitely be Symhony X and Kamelot. Why, you ask ?
Well, there's a little history attached to it. Many years ago, this naieve little girl, poor innocent girl stumbled upon The Divine Wings of tragedy in her local library. The title(s) and the cover attracted me in a strange way. I had never listened to real metal before. Ok, so I knew Metallica (and Therapy: more hardrock, really). When I got home, the album just blew me away. Till this day forward The Accolade still sent shivers down my spine (can be a female thing ;)) From then on, I started exploring other metalgenres, and haven't stopped ever since.
Kamelot followed close behind Symhony X. I can understand why some people won't find it hard enough, or new, etc. but it's a good representation of my kind of metal, you know. Lyrics that cut it for me (kinda epic) and music, melodies with feeling. Normally you won't associate metal with emotion, but these bands endulge you in real romance (none of that luvy duvy crap), rage, vengeance, etc.
Haven't seen any of them live yet. Symphony X was supposed to play in Belgium, together with Savatage, but due to the 11th September tragedy, the concert had to be rescheduled, and the 2nd time around they couldn't make it (were replaced by Blaze and Vicious Rumours). This year they were supposed to go to Graspop, but again: no SymphX. To quote Kamelot: "One day I'll win"... It's only a matter of time. Missed Kamelot too. Already had to go to Blind Guardian or something and Kamelot followed close behind: found out too late.
Thusfar my little rant.

"Carry on into the horizon, wielding courage, staff in hand..."

I belive these bands are the greatest in this planet, they are much better than groups such as DreamTheater,

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: mmm.. nope I don´t think so. I like Kamelot and I love Symphony X but DT kick asses and is a better band than Kamelot (by far)

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Hey Liquid, let's shake hands and it's allright, allright? ;)

No hard feelings :)

NP: Machine Head - OLD! *lol*

Never any hard feelings coming from me.:confused: Why did you think that there was any?:confused:

;) :) *lol*

So, this time you didn't get the joke. :)

So true and I still don't get it!:confused:
It doesn't come as any surprise to me that a Geman woman can confuse me since my wife has been making a career out of it!:lol:

Lady Of The Snow,

I see that you changed your location to "reality". I've been doing alot of studies that deal with what exactly is "reality" and they have some interesting views of the subject. Maybe you could enlighten me to what it's like to be there?

@ Liquid Tension

So true and I still don't get it!
It doesn't come as any surprise to me that a Geman woman can confuse me since my wife has been making a career out of it!

Seems, us German women are good in confusing men, right? :lol:

Lady Of The Snow,

I see that you changed your location to "reality". I've been doing alot of studies that deal with what exactly is "reality" and they have some interesting views of the subject. Maybe you could enlighten me to what it's like to be there?

Hey, come back down to earth, or somewhere loosely resembling it, so you will probably find out what reality is. :lol:

This is a Symphony X forum, if you have other questions, not related to SX or Kamelot, PM me.

@ Liquid Tension

Hey, come back down to earth, or somewhere loosely resembling it, so you will probably find out what reality is. :lol:

This is a Symphony X forum, if you have other questions, not related to SX or Kamelot, PM me.

Yup! you German women are also really touchy about things and "IF THIS IS THE SYMPHONY X FORUM" then why are we talking about bands like Kamelot and Power of Omens or even better who stays up late and is a night person? :confused: Oh wait you must be joking with me and I don't get it again. :rolleyes:

You have a PM with the question. ;)

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
Yup! you German women are also really touchy about things
I tend to get touchy with things, yes. Hehe... I'm female, am I, and I have to live up to my image, right? :lol:

... and "IF THIS IS THE SYMPHONY X FORUM" then why are we talking about bands like Kamelot and Power of Omens or even better who stays up late and is a night person? :confused:
I have no idea, why people go off- topic sometimes.
And this is my last off-topic, I hope.
And I am a night owl, yes. Something wrong with that? Hehe...

Oh wait you must be joking with me and I don't get it again. :rolleyes:
Awwww...... :rollseyes:

You have a PM with the question. ;)
Yes, I received it. Thank you.