SymphonyX and Kamelot, The Best of Metal

I think Karma is near perfect. I actually don't enjoy "Don't You Cry" too much cos it's way too static. It needs some heavy power chords halfway through and a solo that starts on nylon string but then artfully segue's into a melodic electric lead.

Originally posted by Dangerman
I think Karma is near perfect. I actually don't enjoy "Don't You Cry" too much cos it's way too static. It needs some heavy power chords halfway through and a solo that starts on nylon string but then artfully segue's into a melodic electric lead.

Not that I want "Don't You Cry" to be changed in any way, but
would Conception's Silent Crying be somewhat of an example?

Hey LotS, I keep hearing about Conception but don't own any. I'd love to get hold of some. Is there a mail order company that sells their CD's?
I hardly buy online, but I'll search. If you don't find any I could get them for you over here. If you care for mp3's to check out before buying, I can mail you some.
But be sure to get hold of "In Your Multitude" (if there's a chance) - that's THE Conception album to grab!

Originally posted by Bear
Point is that they all are great at what they do, if you don't like them then so be it, but you can't deny the talent in any of them

Perfectly said, Bear!!

Not liking a band is NOT the equivalent of them being bad/untalented/etc..it's merely an opinion.

Hey LotS, I keep hearing about Conception but don't own any. I'd love to get hold of some. Is there a mail order company that sells their CD's?

You can pick up Conception's catalog at Noise Records:
http://www.noiserecords.com/store/item.asp?BandID=56&ProductID=203

And if you want to hear before you buy, you can always request Conception songs on Progged Radio; it's automated most of the time & you can usually hear a request within half an hour of making it, at most.

Well spoken Jax!

I don't like Opeth and Pain of Salvation but both of them are damn good bands.

BTW
ProgMetalFan:

Lisa Dalbello - "Eleven"

Oooo yes!!! Great album from a great singer!!

Danger, Don't You Cry is just perfect how it is now. That's the point -simplicity. :) Luis, I love that song too. :)

And about Conception... :p Gosh I love that band! It's even in my top5!:D

Best album: Paraller Minds

Danger, be sure you get that one too.

And btw, if here is anyone who has bootlegs from Conception or Kamelot... ;)

Originally posted by Hawk
Well spoken Jax!

I don't like Opeth and Pain of Salvation but both of them are damn good bands.

BTW
ProgMetalFan:

Lisa Dalbello - "Eleven"

Oooo yes!!! Great album from a great singer!!

nono... you see you DO like Opeth, just haven't noticed it yet. In the right environment it isn't a matter of taste... it is inevitable to fall in love with them.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
:D hehe... all i say is true though. Hell, i will ship the CD's to you if you like! i really think the people who don't like Opeth just haven't given it time.

Believe it or not, I have, I have listened to them for several hours. Because you are not the first FANATIC fan I have met. :)

And because I like people who are passionate about something, I figured Opeth must have something special.

I have the same thing with Pain Of Savation. It just doesn't do it for me. :(

Originally posted by Hawk

Believe it or not, I have, I have listened to them for several hours. Because you are not the first FANATIC fan I have met. :)

And because I like people who are passionate about something, I figured Opeth must have something special.

I have the same thing with Pain Of Savation. It just doesn't do it for me. :(

I put Pain of Salvation and Opeth as my top two bands and I don't hold this against you! :D

Bumblefoot,

You're too funny!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dontlike PoS at all..and heidi...buy every opeth album...kill the lights in ur room, set up some candles, think of the most sad and depressing things that have ever happened to you in your life, forget everything you know about metal music, and listen to every single album in chronological order...thank me later..btw I am not resposible for your inevitable opeth addiction.